So let me get this straight... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:59 AM
So let me get this straight...

52 people die as a result of faulty Toyotas, and there's a massive recall.

59 women die as a result of a fast-tracked, loosely-regulated vaccination, and nothing happens?

Huh.

Time for the Truth about Gardasil

In an analysis comparing the vaccine to another for meningitis (Menactra), the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) found that Gardasil was associated with:

•At least twice as many emergency room visit reports (5,021)

•Four times as many death reports (29)

•Seven times as many disabled reports (261)

•Three to six times more fainting reports

As of March 2010, there were more than 17,600 reports of adverse reactions regarding the Gardasil vaccine in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

Among them are 59 deaths, 18 of which were among girls under the age of 17.

HPV vaccine controversy: India's response puts the world to shame

"Women around the globe are tired of feeling they and their families are "guinea pigs" for the pharmaceutical industry. They believe the practice needs to stop here and now."

I don't blame them.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:59 PM
I'm puzzled why the Toyotas drivers did not simply put the cars into neutral.

You know, change the gears.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:59 PM
What a disgusting thread, it shows a collaboration between religious conservatives and anti-vaccination loons to shut down a life-saving vaccine against HPV.

Posters should investigate who Joseph Mercola is, and look at the National Vaccine Information Centre.

This thread is discredited by those sources and I think it should be locked, FYM shouldn't become a source for harmful medical advice.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Joseph Mercola, D.O. (born 1954), is an osteopathic physician, health activist, and entrepreneur practicing in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.[1] He is the author of two New York Times bestsellers, The No-Grain Diet (with Alison Rose Levy), and The Great Bird Flu Hoax, together with several other books. Mercola is best known as founder and editor of the alternative-medicine website Mercola.com, where he advocates dietary and lifestyle approaches to health and markets a variety of health-related products. Mercola criticizes many of the practices of mainstream medicine and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), particularly vaccination and the use of prescription drugs and surgery to treat diseases.[2] He is a member of the politically conservative Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, as well as several alternative medicine-related organizations.[3]

Mercola has received two warnings from the FDA for marketing nutritional products in a manner which violated the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.[4][5] A 2006 BusinessWeek editorial criticized Mercola's marketing practices as "relying on slick promotion, clever use of information, and scare tactics."[6]

Religious beliefs

"When symptoms arrive as a result of how poorly you've neglected your body and mind, rather than taking personal responsibility for your own wellness (restoring wholeness) and trusting in the God-given recuperative powers of your body, many seek those who are now only too willing take on this role for you."

Mercola was raised as a Catholic. Later in life he switched to evangelical Christianity, but now calls himself spiritual rather than religious. Mercola was formerly a member of the Christian Medical Society but stopped his membership in 2002. Despite a lack of empirical evidence, he promotes religion and prayer as having health benefits, and focuses strongly on studies[49] that advocate this position.

Mercola hosts the theistic writings and beliefs of other website contributors such as Carol Tuttle[50] but has stopped promoting her in 2005. As with his involvement with Emotional Freedom Technique,[51] his support for these modalities gives such approaches value in his spiritual views, frequently presented on the website.
[edit]

Joseph Mercola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-18-2010, 03:00 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
What a disgusting thread, it shows a collaboration between religious conservatives and anti-vaccination loons to shut down a life-saving vaccine against HPV.
India is run by anti-vaccination loons?

Quote:
This thread is discredited by those sources
Are those the same sources that created national (and apparently overstated) hysteria over H1N1, as we're discussing in another thread?
We blundered over swine flu, admit health chiefs | Mail Online

Quote:
FYM shouldn't become a source for harmful medical advice
According to the facts (reported by the Washington Examiner by the way, Irvine, not Mercola), the HPV vaccine may itself be harmful. Certainly at least as harmful as the Toyota safety issues.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:59 PM
The claims in your post are taken straight from Mercola's reading of the Washington Examiner article (an op-ed by the way) and they cite the anti-vaccination National Vaccine Information Centre.

This thread shouldn't be.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
(reported by the Washington Examiner by the way, Irvine, not Mercola)

do you know what the Washington Examiner is, nathan?

because i sure do.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:59 PM
The big three car companies face financial troubles and then somehow their biggest competition, a foreign company, suddenly faces great troubles. This is all driven by the billionaires, the owners that control pretty much everything.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

And don't forget to ignore doctors who advise you to have an abortion for medical reasons, while you're at it. Remember the Tebow!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:59 PM
Quote:
What a disgusting thread,
wow, that is a bit harsh

Why not just post a rebuttal, lots of threads in here, have two opposing opinions both claiming to be correct.

I did do a search yesterday when this thread appeared, and I do not agree with the premises posited.

It seemed the halting of the vaccine in India was more of a reaction to the public concerns, that may have been unwarranted.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
FYM shouldn't become a source for harmful medical advice.
You honestly believe that anyone looks in here for medical advice? I'm not being snarky, that just makes no sense to me.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
do you know what the Washington Examiner is, nathan?
Yes, I do. Make sure you're targeting the right source, is all I'm saying. An individual's interpretation of data and the data itself are two different issues.

And what Deep said.

I'll say it again -- 52 people die from shoddy automobile standards, and there is a national recall. 59 women die from complications arising from a controversial vaccine, and calling attention to it is labelled "disgusting."

Weird.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

"Disgusting" might be hyperbole, but I think the issue is any possible sort of agenda-since many people opposed to HPV vaccines believed that they were just a permission slip for sex for young girls. And any possible conservative political agendas of doctors involved. Of course there's nothing disgusting about calling attention to women dying from it.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:59 PM
The data has been presented to you by someone with an OBVIOUS agenda.

Here's the big difference:

The cars that had faulty systems would have failed no matter who was using the car, no matter if it was a man, woman, or crash test dummy.

The vaccine, like ALL medication will react differently with everyone who uses it. Penicillin will save lives, but will also kill others. Would Mercola or you get outraged by the use of penicillin? No. Mercola has an agenda and he chooses to ignore the nature of medicine when it suits him, don't fall into the same line of thinking.