Sneaking a Smoke at the White House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My understanding was that he had quit smoking when the campaign started, and I hadn't heard anything about him starting up again.

My understanding was that he had quit smoking when the campaign started, and I hadn't heard anything about him starting up again.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that him quitting was a condition that Michelle put on him running, but that once he got out on the campaign trail, he's backslid. :uhoh:

I think it was just within the past day or two that I read that Laura Bush is a smoker - she'd quit, but she's back at it, too. I was surprised by that.

I think it was just within the past day or two that I read that Laura Bush is a smoker - she'd quit, but she's back at it, too. I was surprised by that.

Hey, cut the woman some slack -- she's married to Dubya for crying out loud. It's no wonder she smokes! ;)

I've found that if you scratch a little below the surface that most people who are married to absolute buffoons are chronically depressed. They're aware of what they're married to. Laura Bush, however, deserves what she gets. No pity.

Supposedly all of the Presidents smoked at one point or another, cigarettes or cigars-if you believe what you read on the internets. Ulysses S Grant died of throat cancer.

Clinton had some involvement with cigars. I remember hearing about that....

Supposedly all of the Presidents smoked at one point or another, cigarettes or cigars-if you believe what you read on the internets. Ulysses S Grant died of throat cancer.

Clinton had some involvement with cigars. I remember hearing about that....

Many Presidents smoked, though I never heard of Bush I or Reagan being smokers. Bush II never smoked but used to chew baccy.

It must be the pipe smoking that killed him, because nothing else seems to kill us in this new world as long as we are low fat and tobacco free.

I dunno ... I'm low fat and tobacco free, and yet I could be struck down by an angry bear tomorrow.

Isn't that what happened to Ford? Or was it a mountain lion? :hmm:

President Ford died at the age of 93.\Former President Ford dies - Gerald R. Ford- msnbc.com

It must be the pipe smoking that killed him, because nothing else seems to kill us in this new world as long as we are low fat and tobacco free.

Seriously, if you want to smoke go ahead and smoke. . .geez. I got no problem with it. But don't kid yourself that your not actually putting your health, at least, at risk. If it's worth the risk to you, then fine.

But to pretend that the dangers of smoking is all a scam. . .I mean, come on, now.

Seriously, if you want to smoke go ahead and smoke. . .geez. I got no problem with it. But don't kid yourself that your not actually putting your health, at least, at risk. If it's worth the risk to you, then fine.

But to pretend that the dangers of smoking is all a scam. . .I mean, come on, now.

it reminds me of thanksgiving where my aunt and uncle told us, continually, how happy they were that they retired relatively early. they seemed to need us to validate and affirm their choices. continually.

Obama pledges not to smoke in the White House

WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama says you won't catch him lighting up a cigarette in the smoke-free White House.

"There are times where I've fallen off the wagon," the president-elect said when asked in a broadcast interview whether he has kicked the habit.

"I've done a terrific job, under the circumstances, of making myself much healthier," he said. "And I think that you will not see any violations of these rules in the White House," he said on Sunday's "Meet the Press" on NBC.

Obama told the magazine Men's Health in an interview for its November issue that he wished he had more time for staying fit and that he still occasionally smoked a cigarette.

Obama said in that interview that he had bummed a cigarette a couple of times during the campaign. "But I figure, seeing as I'm running for president, I need to cut myself a little slack," he said.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081207/D94U0Q4O0.html

Like me and several of my friends, he seems to be an ocassional smoker.
We smoke by choice not by habit.
I have not smoked more than two cigarettes a day for the past seven years.
Sometimes only one and often none at all for weeks or months.

And of course, I never inhale:D

Don't start, but if you do smoke cigarettes you should really try to cut way back or quit entirely.

i think you should start smoking pot. after all, that's 100% natural, from the earth. none of those horrible chemicals put there by evil corporations.

weed is of the earth. so go be a rebel and smoke up.

i think you should start smoking pot. after all, that's 100% natural, from the earth. none of those horrible chemicals put there by evil corporations.

weed is of the earth. so go be a rebel and smoke up.

i agree wholeheartedly.

i like your new avatar. we could have sex sometime.

Back
Top Bottom