Smarten up America!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lets not forget....its the government that has failed us....so easy to say it was the president or the congress, but both parties have had control of both over the last 30 years so lets place the blame where it needs to be on spending. EVERYONE

uh........no. :|

Much MORE blame goes to the Republicans ( though I def blame Clinton as well as Republicans or the Nafta stuf a few other thngs). Reagan started the demonzing thne unions with the Air Traffic Controllers. It was Republicans (probably a few conservative Dems) who went and cut funds for Medicare & Medicaid. It was President Bush who put on "No Child leave Behind" UNFUNDED Mandate (And i DON"T beleive in teaching to the test... that 's not real education).

Do you like your weekends?
Yes I know some people are hardly having weekednds becuase of 2, 3 jobs just to stay afloat.

Do you like having a minimum wage floor?
Are you there are child labor laws?
Do you erver feel bad when miners
in this country are trapped, injured, or killed?

Guess what all this above excpet the last was brought to you by the sweat, tears and real blood and death by union ortganizers back when.

The last one was becuase Unions have been beaten back over the last 30 years. :|

DO you like our Roads, Bridges & Tunnels? Oh, do you remember that bridge that collapsed?
Republicans cut more monies for Infrasruction.

Do ypu know anyone who's been DUMPED from thier Health Care Paln becuae they got really sick?
DO you know any one who can't get Health Insurance becuase they have a pre-exiwsiting conditions.
( I do want Public Option or better still Snglle Payer)

Well Right Now this part of Obama's Health Care Plan that fixes these 2 Major problems has kicked in.
Lives are being saved right now. The Families and dear Friends of these people can finally start to feel some releif thnaks to President Obama.

I could on & on. But I won't . :|

for now.......:wink:

Greed has them all by the balls. Byrd was the KING of pork barrel projects for WVA. Unfortunately, its the lame extremists on both sides that have the loudest voice. Not the more common sense middle of the road from both sides.

NO it odes NOT. :|

stop being SO cynical that you can 't even some good that IS out there.

Oh I want BIG Camapiagn reform, don't let my above statement belie this.
SO the very day after a politician is elefcted/reelecteed they have to go diving for dollars for their next campaign. :shame:on that!!

Much MORE blame goes to the Republicans ( though I def blame Clinton as well as Republicans or the Nafta stuf a few other thngs). Reagan started the demonzing thne unions with the Air Traffic Controllers. It was Republicans (probably a few conservative Dems) who went and cut funds for Medicare & Medicaid. It was President Bush who put on "No Child leave Behind" UNFUNDED Mandate (And i DON"T beleive in teaching to the test... that 's not real education).

Yes I know some people are hardly having weekednds becuase of 2, 3 jobs just to stay afloat.

Guess what all this above excpet the last was brought to you by the sweat, tears and real blood and death by union ortganizers back when.

The last one was becuase Unions have been beaten back over the last 30 years. :|

DO you like our Roads, Bridges & Tunnels? Oh, do you remember that bridge that collapsed?

Do ypu know anyone who's been DUMPED from thier Health Care Paln becuae they got really sick?
DO you know any one who can't get Health Insurance becuase they have a pre-exiwsiting conditions.

Well Right Now this part of Obama's Health Care Plan that fixes these 2 Major problems has kicked in.
Lives are being saved right now. The Families and dear Friends of these people can finally start to feel some releif thnaks to President Obama.

I am not about who is more to blame...they both are. I never ever said that the dems are more to blame. Both parties are misguided and greedy.

NO it odes NOT. :|

stop being SO cynical that you can 't even some good that IS out there.

Oh I want BIG Camapiagn reform, don't let my above statement belie this.
SO the very day after a politician is elefcted/reelecteed they have to go diving for dollars for their next campaign. :shame:on that!!

some good is out there, but that is all outdone by going into a 13 trillion dollar deficit. which both parties are to blame. if health care is the priority, then you need to find a way to cut trillions of dollars from the future to do so. (which is fine if we can pay for it.)

We need more unionized employees in the U.S.

Don't forget the continual decrease in the marginal tax rate for the upper 2-5 percent income earners. We have gone from a 90-plus percent rate down to the mid-30s over the last hundred years.

And we wonder where the revenue has gone?

Nevermind that the effective tax rate for a lot of the top earners is the capital gains tax rate around 15 percent, rising to 20 percent next year.

I was relatively close to the bridge in Minneapolis when it fell.
Lost in much of the shock and blame of the bridge collapse is the fact that Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R) merged the state transportation secretary position in with the Lt. Gov. position as a cost-savings move. Effectively, it limited some of the oversight that the transportation secretary should have had.

In our increasingly complex society, we need more oversight of more industries, not less.

Are you kidding? I want BIG GUM'MENT off my bridges, out of my tunnels, and away from my infrastructure. Socialized bridges!!! 1984.

Good post. The whole "it's everyones fault" line is a simple cop out. Yes, there is a lot of blame to go around and it is certainly spread over a lot of people. But certain people are much more to blame. As I said originally, 60-80% of the blame, IMO, should be placed on the radical right.

Good post. The whole "it's everyones fault" line is a simple cop out. Yes, there is a lot of blame to go around and it is certainly spread over a lot of people. But certain people are much more to blame. As I said originally, 60-80% of the blame, IMO, should be placed on the radical right.

There is no cop out about it. The debt has taken 30 years to get this bad and it is the GOVT problem. I don't give a F*** whose gets 51% of the blame vs 49% of the blame. The last time we had a balanced budget is when Clinton was president and both parties agreed on a budget. I can only hope that happens again.

The lack of regulation in our financial system, as championed by conservatives, allowed the banks to create these toxic mortgages that then poisoned the whole economy. Yes, the details of what happened are complicated

The details aren´t that complicated.

I agree with you saying that the conservatives will have to take most of the blame. But democrats contributed their share didn´t they? Bill Clinton absolutely approved deregulation. Look at the deregulation laws that were passed in the time of his presidency. Also, as much as I like Obama for certain policies, he was the one who approved billions (800 billions, something like that?) to be given as a TAXPAYER PRESENT to the banks /corrupt financial system so it could continue to exist.

Are you kidding? I want BIG GUM'MENT off my bridges, out of my tunnels, and away from my infrastructure. Socialized bridges!!! 1984.

:lol::lol::lol:

Whhhhhhy...... they should all be painted red!

And I done don't meeaaaan That (RED) by
that Irish-Pinko-Commie Boh-no, neither !!!!
Noooooo, sir!!!

thanks for the :lol: inspiration, Canadians! :D

Whhhhhhy...... they should all be painted red!

And I done don't meeaaaan That (RED)

*To the tune of song from cartoon version of 'Alice In Wonderland'* Painting the bridges red, we're painting the bridges red...

It's always struck me kind of funny, by the way, that both the Communists and the Republicans use the color red for their respective groups. Given the Republicans' practically being terrified by the very idea of communism, wouldn't one think they'd want to change their color (or try and demand the Communists change theirs), lest they dare be seen as possibly having something, no matter how small, in common with those evil commies?

(It also makes it all the more ironic that my favorite color is red and that I'm right-handed :p)

Angela

Back
Top Bottom