Smart "Girls" Marry Money? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
The Fly

Location: Failed to find courage to walk out into the street; stayed on Interference instead.
Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Men shouldn't marry just for looks and women shouldn't marry just for money.
How about men marrying for money and women marrying for looks?

I didn't get very far into that text. The article is ultra-sexist, suggesting that women can't support themselves and need a provider. Strange.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:41 AM
My requirements in women are - and I'm trying to be objective here - fairly unrealistic. I like them to be both submissive and very intelligent with high earning capability.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 06:41 AM
Shouldn't be that hard to find - bosses (of both genders) at work often like to hand over the reigns at home.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
I married for love......26 years. Neither my husband and I were rich. If fact, we had nothing, but love. It worked out.
I love stories like your Inis... I just got engaged, and I have nothing but respect for you
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #20
Refugee

Congrats on the engagement!

What made you want to marry your sweetie? Not all the components of what makes her great, what was the a-ha moment that made you decide you were going to pop the question?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadie View Post
How about men marrying for money and women marrying for looks?
I don't think men and women in general are hardwired that way. That's why when men are taught all their lives to treat women EXACTLY equal in all things they get suprised when women ridicule them if they can't look up to their men (not enough money/not assertive enough). We've got even Dr. Oz saying that women choose men with bigger dicks because men have a proportionately larger sized genitals compared to other mammals and that's the only explanation.

What people need to get in their minds is that we all grow old and everything is impermanent so it makes sense to find someone we can morally trust to take care of us in old age and sickness because it's hard to be old and alone. Money can't fill in the gap of character.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
The Fly

Location: Failed to find courage to walk out into the street; stayed on Interference instead.
Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
That's why when men are taught all their lives to treat women EXACTLY equal in all things they get suprised when women ridicule them if they can't look up to their men (not enough money/not assertive enough).
I definitely need someone I can look up to, but who, at the same time, worships me. *shrug*

Don't give a fuck about money though. I want to make my own.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
I don't think men and women in general are hardwired that way. That's why when men are taught all their lives to treat women EXACTLY equal in all things they get suprised when women ridicule them if they can't look up to their men (not enough money/not assertive enough). We've got even Dr. Oz saying that women choose men with bigger dicks because men have a proportionately larger sized genitals compared to other mammals and that's the only explanation.

What people need to get in their minds is that we all grow old and everything is impermanent so it makes sense to find someone we can morally trust to take care of us in old age and sickness because it's hard to be old and alone. Money can't fill in the gap of character.
Wow, where is this place where "men are taught all their lives to treat women EXACTLY equal in all things"? I'd like to move there pronto.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
We've got even Dr. Oz saying that women choose men with bigger dicks because men have a proportionately larger sized genitals compared to other mammals and that's the only explanation.

I know you're not actually saying women choose men over other mammals due to penis size, so what on earth are you saying and what does it have to do with gold diggers and trophy wives?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono's shades View Post
Wow, where is this place where "men are taught all their lives to treat women EXACTLY equal in all things"? I'd like to move there pronto.
It's called school. I don't think political correctness though is good for men and women because they get confused on what role each is fullfilling. I believe in choice but I don't think real relationships involve 50/50 in all things. It just doesn't happen.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliEnvy View Post

I know you're not actually saying women choose men over other mammals due to penis size, so what on earth are you saying and what does it have to do with gold diggers and trophy wives?
Dr. Oz was talking about men having proportionately larger genitals than other mammals so he thinks women are choosing MEN with larger genitals than those MEN who have smaller genitals. I'm not a doctor but I think he's referring to artificial selection.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #27
Refugee

Well, even if that is actually more myth than truth, it would follow that less-endowed men would be more motivated to earn much more money (and social status). The correlation of penis size to income would make an interesting study.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Well, even if that is actually more myth than truth, it would follow that less-endowed men would be more motivated to earn much more money (and social status). The correlation of penis size to income would make an interesting study.
Well Oprah did something similar but with looks vs. money:

Money and Sex Appeal - Oprah.com

Quote:
Not everything that goes into finding a partner is biological. Researchers have also found that if a woman looks at the face of a man whom she knows nothing about, she will give it a rating on a scale of 1 to 10 that's different than if she is shown the same face and a corresponding income. When a man makes a lot of money, a woman will rate him higher on an attractiveness scale than she would that same man with a smaller income.

Dr. Berman says this isn't a case of women being gold diggers. "It goes back again to evolution. When we were having babies who were very dependent on us, we couldn't hunt and take care of ourselves, so we were looking for the man who had the most social status, who was the best hunter, who was going to bring home the biggest chunk of meat for our babies," she says. "It's the same thing today."
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #29
Refugee

So who wins the primal choice question, Dr. Oz or Oprah?

As far as I'm concerned, penis size has always been the preoccupation of men, not women.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
So who wins the primal choice question, Dr. Oz or Oprah?

As far as I'm concerned, penis size has always been the preoccupation of men, not women.
Well the Oprah one is based on some kind of test and Dr. Oz is simply asserting his case because there is currently no other explanation. I'm more inclined to Oprah's view but like in all things in life there are probably MULTIPLE reasons for mate choices that you couldn't encompass it all in one study. There are maybe other reasons why men are built different proportionately to other mammals that scientists haven't figured out yet, but you know they have theories.

Here's his quote:

Quote:
Ask Dr. Oz - Do Male Enhancement Drugs Work?:

Dr. Oz started by saying that there has been plenty of money put into placing advertisement for male enhancement drugs, but the fact remains that they really aren't needed. The average male thinks his penis size is shorter than it actually is according to Dr. Oz. The average male penis size is 5 inches, and humans have very large penises proportionately compared to other animals because there isn't a bone in the human penis. Men actually have proportionately larger penises because women through history have wanted that way through selection because size equates to health and virility.
Who knows?