Sir Noel bashes U2 on Politics and C. Martin over Drugs (Noel being a dick) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
Refugee

Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Local Time: 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForIt View Post
Still the best band ever
hahah Oasis better than U2?

It is all opinion, but I mean personally, U2 is far superior... and Noel and Liam seem like jerks in almost every interview I have ever heard from them. That alone turns me off from the band.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
What a fucking retard. This just confirms what I always thought about the guy.
Exactly......

One million.....select your currency, on illegal drugs, how many kids would that have feed in the UK and else where?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:42 PM
I think the one million was a slight exaggeration....

At any rate, Noel isn't pretending to be a role model for the yoof. He's a rock star, rock stars aren't supposed to be role models. They're rock stars!!!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:38 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Still the best Beatles tribute band ever
they rocked Roskilde!
Edited for accuracy.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #20
Refugee

Location: I live where I don't wanna drown, but god I'm going down...(/UK/)
Quote:
Still the best band ever
they rocked Roskilde!
They never where the best band ever.

His whingy monotone pisses me off.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:12 PM
It's true, nothing changed and nothing will change - British Labour under Bliar just showed themselves to be conservative hacks who didn't have the guts to enact properly leftist policy. Same with the ALP down under I fear.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:01 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
It's true, nothing changed and nothing will change - British Labour under Bliar just showed themselves to be conservative hacks who didn't have the guts to enact properly leftist policy. Same with the ALP down under I fear.
I doubt that Turnbull and co. would do a better job, but anyways ...

Anyone that would actually think taking drugs is acceptable like Liam and Noel Gallagher as well as other clueless people with an IQ of under 100 is just plain disgraceful. Hard to believe that some people actually treat them as royalty *cough*.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:26 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:12 PM
Noel pops up every time oasis have an album coming out or a gig coming up. Honestly, you fulfill the purpose by even bothering to read it.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:12 AM
"Oasis are due to play three concerts at Wembley Stadium this week and will end their current tour in Milan on August 30."

Gotta give it to those Gallagher bros, masters of self promotion.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
I don't want to respond to that drivel because I don't want to get into a fight.

I will answer that with a few points

Kyoto
Work choices
IWC
medicare levy

That is the kind of statement someone puts forward when they have a below arbitrary understanding of political process. I am beyond left. I am off the leftist scale, but I understand that the constituency is split 43% left, 43% right, and 14& swinging voters. Would you rather a moderate approach to leftist social change, bringing about a leftist agenda in a step by step process, or would rather lose an election straight away and have the Liberal party back where everyone can work 12 hour shifts with no breaks, penalty rates or sick leave for American standard wages?
Old 07-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur fly View Post
Bono was not always like that- he might have preached on Rattle and Hum but there less of it on ZOO TV and virtually none on PopMart or Elevation.
You don't include the "call your senator" speech on Elevation tour before they played One as preachingBono ? Or the anti-NRA video for that matter ?
Old 07-05-2009, 05:40 AM   #27
you are what you is

or the Kosovo link up during POPMart
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #28
Refugee

I find Noel quite funny a lot of the time and I am a big Oasis fan. But here's the thing - I'm well aware that drugs and rock n roll are firmly embedded together, but I have infinitely more respect for people like U2, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney and countless others who have all (probably less so U2) dabbled with narcotics but who remain quiet about it and don't feel the need to go on and on about it all the time. Noel seems to think that bragging about his drug use as if its some new/amazing thing makes him some kind of Keith Richards-esque hero.

My own attitudes to drugs are very liberal - do em if you want, thats fine. Christ, I've even dabbled a little bit as I'm sure a number of people on this site have, but please don't go on about it like it makes you a superior person to anyone else. Him lambasting Chris Martin (who I'm not particularly all that fond of) for not having spent £1m on drugs just shows how pathetic and self-conscious Noel can be sometimes. Him claiming to have done coke in the Queen's toilet shows that he even rips off The Beatles' drug usage since they were rumoured to have smoked a joint when collecting their MBEs.

And on the politics side of things - let U2 do what they want. The irony is that Noel's hero John Lennon was exactly the same and if he were alive today, would probably be carrying on using music as a stage for politics.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

STFU Noel.

Seriously. I don't even like Coldplay or Chris Martin and I'm kind of indifferent to what Bono does these days outside of U2, but neither of them deserve to be criticized for not using drugs or being politically active. I think Noel is just trying to justify his own drug use and the fact that he can't get off his ass and do the minimum to try to change things by voting.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Noel.