Sir Bono: the Knight Who Fled From His Own Debate - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 09:48 PM
__________________

__________________
JCOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #77
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 10:48 PM
wow.. what a major dick this guy is.. I have never heard of him personally but jeez what a moron.. I can't believe he is a journalist..I certainly wouldn't call him that..

wtg JC! Keep at him girl..
__________________

__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:48 PM
financeguy, is this really what you intended when you made this thread?

somehow, i doubt it.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
financeguy, is this really what you intended when you made this thread?

somehow, i doubt it.

Hehe, well I was hoping for a discussion of the actual issues. However if people want to concentrate on Dave Marsh using bad language in his emails, then whatever. Doesn't Bono use bad language in his speeches, or maybe there's a different standard there.

Still, as Believer 75 rightly reminds us in another thread, the majority is always right:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer75
Your argument is invalid because your opinion, with all due respect, is in the minority.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 09:48 PM
__________________
JCOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Hehe, well I was hoping for a discussion of the actual issues. However if people want to concentrate on Dave Marsh using bad language in his emails, then whatever. Doesn't Bono use bad language in his speeches, or maybe there's a different standard there.

Still, as Believer 75 rightly reminds us in another thread, the majority is always right:-



yes, that was quite precious, as are a lot of the words being written in this thread.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #82
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
However if people want to concentrate on Dave Marsh using bad language in his emails, then whatever.
perhaps because when you remove the bad language you are left with the words "the" and "a"

if you however eaquate that to Bono saying "fuck" in public once every 5 years then you're free to do so

__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM   #83
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: new zealand
Posts: 173
Local Time: 02:48 PM
I think Bono should have gone through with the debate, since he proposed it in the first place. But who knows why he changed his mind? Maybe he had good reason for doing so. What bothers me more is the disrepect he showed during Mwenda's speech. I've always thought of Bono as someone who was open-minded and willing to listen to others' points of views.
__________________
mystery girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery girl View Post
I think Bono should have gone through with the debate, since he proposed it in the first place. But who knows why he changed his mind? Maybe he had good reason for doing so. What bothers me more is the disrepect he showed during Mwenda's speech. I've always thought of Bono as someone who was open-minded and willing to listen to others' points of views.
Mwenda asked a question to the audience and waited for a response. It wasnt really out of line but thats really for the other thread
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 09:48 PM
why does bono lie
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery girl View Post
I think Bono should have gone through with the debate, since he proposed it in the first place. But who knows why he changed his mind? Maybe he had good reason for doing so. What bothers me more is the disrepect he showed during Mwenda's speech. I've always thought of Bono as someone who was open-minded and willing to listen to others' points of views.
If you had to deal with Marsh for awhile that might be why he changed his mind. Marsh is so eloquent with his words.
__________________
JCOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 AM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:48 PM
this is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous threads i've read in ages.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Sorry, it's not up to your standards.
__________________
JCOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #89
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Why are people referring to my beloved Bono this way?
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Why are people referring to my beloved Bono this way?
i don't know, maybe you should write a letter and find out.
__________________

__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com