Sir Bono: the Knight Who Fled From His Own Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my response to end his tyrade.

I do appreciate you responding to me, not matter how rude and crude you replied. It is obvious that we are at different ends of the spectrum on the subject at hand.

Sometimes if you take a stand in the world you can move it. The stand you have taken, isn't moving anything.

Best wishes & Regards to you Mr. Marsh.

Beautiful Jeanne!

I do appreciate you responding to me, not matter how rude and crude you replied. It is obvious that we are at different ends of the spectrum on the subject at hand.

Sometimes if you take a stand in the world you can move it. The stand you have taken, isn't moving anything.

Excellent reply, beautifully written! :applaud:

You tried to fell a tree with bare hands.

Do you really think he cares about these mails? :shrug:

If he took the topic seriously, he would.

But apparently he´s just an arrogant prick who likes to disrespect others´ efforts while he thinks he´s a demi god or something, according to the flyer of Wamfest 09 -

world famous rock critic, celebrated rock biographer (celebrated by who? by Bruce?), belvoed radio host and - WOW - "fiercy activist on the side of all that´s good and true"

This guy must be so full of coke his nose falls off. This "fiercy activist" only cares about himself.

If he really cared about aid, about fighting poverty, he would take his time and his energy to reply in a respectful manner and explain his opinion.

Okay people, I just got another respose from Mr. Marsh. It seems that he actually responding to things I had written, not just attacking me.

< First of all, let me correct you in your article title. Bono is not and cannot be called Sir even though he was knighted. Because he is an Irish citizen, he cannot have the title of “sir” before his name.>

“Cannot”? I don’t need permission to call him Queen of the May. And I think it’s really a “must” situation—so that all can remember, and never forget, that this boastful Irishmen bent the knee to the queen of the land’s historic enemy, merely the most open of his traitorous acts.

< Just because you thought you had the big gig, the big story, an all out exclusive to have a debate with Bono, gave you the right to sandblast him across your column when he reneged>

Darling, it really really wasn’t my idea and I was fucking dreading spending an hour listening to the pompous little shit prattling on. And I’ve been sandblasting the motherfucker for about 20 years so let’s lay that particular line of star-struck bullshit to rest, OK? I did NOT “offer” him a debate. He proposed one to me. If you continue to say that the situation was otherwise, I will bring so many witnesses to the slander trial, you’ll think you’re at a U2 show.

You are welcome to consider Bono “genuine.” I have been observing him for many years and have come to the conclusion that he is a fraud.

I would not piss on your misperceptions but you wrote to me, directly, so I am responding.

As to who is better informed, we could have seen but the singer took the coward’s way out.

Do you believe this is from a journalist? :crack:

JC......... i am in total awe:ohmy: i cannot believe .. actually i could believe he sent this response to you ....................as i said before ...he is beyond a moron ... the description he wrote of Bono .. sounds more like a description of himself...
you wrote an eloquent and intelligent letter ... and he responded like an ignorant teenager... you should post these responses on the Springsteen boards , where they are very familiar with DM... show him for what he really is .....

wow.. what a major dick this guy is.. I have never heard of him personally but jeez what a moron.. I can't believe he is a journalist..I certainly wouldn't call him that..

wtg JC! Keep at him girl..:applaud:

financeguy, is this really what you intended when you made this thread?

somehow, i doubt it.

financeguy, is this really what you intended when you made this thread?

somehow, i doubt it.

Hehe, well I was hoping for a discussion of the actual issues. However if people want to concentrate on Dave Marsh using bad language in his emails, then whatever. Doesn't Bono use bad language in his speeches, or maybe there's a different standard there.

Still, as Believer 75 rightly reminds us in another thread, the majority is always right:-

Originally Posted by believer75
Your argument is invalid because your opinion, with all due respect, is in the minority.

:hug::applaud::grouphug:

Hehe, well I was hoping for a discussion of the actual issues. However if people want to concentrate on Dave Marsh using bad language in his emails, then whatever. Doesn't Bono use bad language in his speeches, or maybe there's a different standard there.

Still, as Believer 75 rightly reminds us in another thread, the majority is always right:-

:hug::applaud::grouphug:

yes, that was quite precious, as are a lot of the words being written in this thread.

However if people want to concentrate on Dave Marsh using bad language in his emails, then whatever.
perhaps because when you remove the bad language you are left with the words "the" and "a"

if you however eaquate that to Bono saying "fuck" in public once every 5 years then you're free to do so

:hug::love::sexywink:

I think Bono should have gone through with the debate, since he proposed it in the first place. But who knows why he changed his mind? Maybe he had good reason for doing so. What bothers me more is the disrepect he showed during Mwenda's speech. I've always thought of Bono as someone who was open-minded and willing to listen to others' points of views.

I think Bono should have gone through with the debate, since he proposed it in the first place. But who knows why he changed his mind? Maybe he had good reason for doing so. What bothers me more is the disrepect he showed during Mwenda's speech. I've always thought of Bono as someone who was open-minded and willing to listen to others' points of views.

Mwenda asked a question to the audience and waited for a response. It wasnt really out of line :shrug: but thats really for the other thread

If you had to deal with Marsh for awhile that might be why he changed his mind. Marsh is so eloquent with his words. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom