Silencing of the bells in Phoenix, Bishop convicted. My, how we've fallen..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Was the Church wrong?

• Church bells, music/chanting from Mosques should be protected within reason

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There've been disputes in neighborhoods of several US cities over the local mosque's calls to prayer being too loud, too. And this isn't the first church to draw complaints for its 'bells' being too loud. Based on the video embedded in the article diamond linked, it sounds like the real problem in this case was that the bishop chose to respond nose-thumbingly to the first complaint and do nothing, rather than attempt to work out some sort of compromise.

This is my point..

I think 3 times a day would have been a nice compromise with maybe turning down the volume a tad.

Everyone would have won, but no, no a pissing match had to ensue..and now you have a percieved victim and no bells whatsoever.

The majority of neighbors liked the bells..so the majoriy lost here, because the person representing the majority is now hoisted on his own petard.

<>

a pissing match had to ensue..and now you have a percieved victim and no bells whatsoever.

The majority of neighbors liked the bells..so the majoriy lost here, because the person representing the majority is now hoisted on his own petard.

<>

I agree a pissing match occurred. Religion should stop getting in pissing matches, it's not very Christ like...

But to say a "majority" liked the bells is misleading as well. Unless we've heard from a majority, it's hard to tell what they liked.

I agree a pissing match occurred. Religion should stop getting in pissing matches, it's not very Christ like...

But to say a "majority" liked the bells is misleading as well. Unless we've heard from a majority, it's hard to tell what they liked.

I've listened to and watch the interviews from both parties, this issue is in our local news-I'm quite familar with it.
:)

Please don't question my objectivity on this matter.

<>

I've listened to and watch the interviews from both parties, this issue is in our local news-I'm quite familar with it.
:)

Please don't question my objectivity on this matter.

<>

And have the news teams interviewed a majority of the neighbors in the area?

That's not questioning your objectivity, by the way. That's questioning the veracity of the conclusions you've drawn. That the majority of the people you've seen interviewed like the bells doesn't necessarily mean that the majority of the church's neighbors like the bells.

Last edited:
Criminal charges?

I'd rather hear church bells than the lawn mowers, weed whackers, basketball bouncing, blaring radios, trucks, screaming kids and teens that I hear in my neighborhood-often at early and late hours

All noise (including church bells) should be in moderation and people should be considerate of others-but they aren't

And have the news teams interviewed a majority of the neighbors in the area?

That's not questioning your objectivity, by the way. That's questioning the veracity of the conclusions you've drawn. That the majority of the people you've seen interviewed like the bells doesn't necessarily mean that the majority of the church's neighbors like the bells.

oh bother..

<>

Back
Top Bottom