Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Gotta use a vaporizer to smoke it. Much cleaner.
A friend uses one almost exclusively. I don't generally smoke weed; I swear it must affect me differently than most people. There's no way anyone can enjoy what it does to me. But I tried on the vapourizer and it was a much more mellow high. I think for that reason, some people might be turned off smoking it that way. But again, I can probably count on one hand, the amount of times I've smoked weed in the last 10 years, so maybe someone more experienced can chime in

Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think it should be illegal but I wouldn't be sad if it was. Is that fair?

Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey

A friend uses one almost exclusively. I don't generally smoke weed; I swear it must affect me differently than most people. There's no way anyone can enjoy what it does to me. But I tried on the vapourizer and it was a much more mellow high. I think for that reason, some people might be turned off smoking it that way. But again, I can probably count on one hand, the amount of times I've smoked weed in the last 10 years, so maybe someone more experienced can chime in
I just want to fall asleep. But the vape is a much more pleasant method, the few times I have partaken.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #19
The Male

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Marijuana can cause severe, difficult to treat, mental illness. I don't think you'd be calling marijuana safe regarding long term health if you'd been sectioned in a mental institution with marijuana-induced pychosis.
This made me laugh so hard I about cried.

Must be all the weed.

There is no science proving marijuana to "cause" mental illness. That's absolute bullshit. There are many case studies proving marijuana to exacerbate specific mental illnesses in individuals that are susceptible to those particular issues, but certainly nothing to prove causation. The best I've seen is a rough correlation between those who smoke pot before age 12 and future issues with depression. People have been smoking pot for a long, long time, so you'd think we would have discovered some long-term side effects by now. Nope. Smoking anything is harmful to your lungs though.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
No, it should not be illegal, but it should be regulated as it is now - ie. no sales to children, no smoking indoors in enclosed spaces, on planes, etc.
This .

I'm of the belief that you can put whatever you want into your own body and that's your issue to deal with. But it is nice when smokers are mindful of those who don't smoke and don't care for the smell.

Which, I will say, is the case with everyone I know who smokes. They've always been very respectful and I appreciate that. And if I am on their property, I don't tell them to stop just because I'm there. If it bothers me that much I can always leave.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:26 AM
compared with the UK, attitudes to smoking are still shockingly dire here in France - people still smoke around children and babies, smoke when pregnant, even people you would think were incredibly well-educated, etc... it's pretty bad and drives me completely nuts! it's pretty much THE national past-time...
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Gotta use a vaporizer to smoke it. Much cleaner.
is that the "bong"? (sorry, old lady moment LOL)

i thought that was actually meant to be worse? i.e. it's too pure and you end up inhaling like a billion times more than you would normally? no?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 AM   #23
45:33

Local Time: 08:26 PM
Oh please tell me you North Americans don't call bongs "vaporizers". That is ridiculous.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Oh please tell me you North Americans don't call bongs "vaporizers". That is ridiculous.
She's not North American. ;-)
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
She's not North American. ;-)
i think cobl was referring to PhilsFan ha

[i'm with cobl - i've never heard it described as a "vaporizer" before lol]
Old 06-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
i think cobl was referring to PhilsFan ha

[i'm with cobl - i've never heard it described as a "vaporizer" before lol]
Wait...you were the one who wrote: is that the "bong"? after quoting PF mentioning a vaporizer.

Vaporizers and bongs are two different things. A vaporizer uses heat to release the compounds in pot without actually burning it.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

A vapourizer isn't a bong. Cobbler, please don't tell me you guys call gas stations 'servos'
Old 06-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Wait...you were the one who wrote: is that the "bong"? after quoting PF mentioning a vaporizer.
yeah i was asking if it was the same thing, and i think cobl assumed it was the same thing too and that North Americans called it a vaporizer instead of a bong? LOL

Quote:
Vaporizers and bongs are two different things. A vaporizer uses heat to release the compounds in pot without actually burning it.
ahhhhhhh okay!

as you can see, i'm clearly clueless, being such a naive, sheltered, clean living girl myself
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, vapes are totally different from bongs. Hopefully everyone is clear on that.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #30
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
This made me laugh so hard I about cried.

Must be all the weed.

There is no science proving marijuana to "cause" mental illness. That's absolute bullshit. There are many case studies proving marijuana to exacerbate specific mental illnesses in individuals that are susceptible to those particular issues, but certainly nothing to prove causation. The best I've seen is a rough correlation between those who smoke pot before age 12 and future issues with depression. People have been smoking pot for a long, long time, so you'd think we would have discovered some long-term side effects by now. Nope. Smoking anything is harmful to your lungs though.
It can induce psychosis though. Like all mind altering substances it should be used with caution. However this isn't a thread about cannabis and I really hope it doesn't derail into such.

As for the argument about putting in your body whatever you want, I can agree to a degree. Someone else pointed out that we should ban cheeseburgers and while that's extreme I do think we should start making it difficult to buy mass quantities of food (i.e. get rid of the supersize menu). If you want to drink 64oz of soda at once that's fine by me but you're going to have to go out of your way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I don't think it should be illegal but I wouldn't be sad if it was. Is that fair?
That's kind of how I feel.