Shooting/Terrorism in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's not really much that can be said. It's just horror.

Already seen unconfirmed reports that retaliatory attacks are happening on Syrian refugee camps in France.

I believe you, because this is a likely event to happen, where are you hearing these reports?

Nowhere reliable yet, just conjecture on Twitter (with some photos). Could be a hoax, but these things always hit social media first nowadays.

Apparently there is a fire in a refugee camp in Calais known as "The Jungle".

EDIT: now I'm reading that it's a hoax.

Oh my God, this is horrible. Unimaginably horrible.

Already seen unconfirmed reports that retaliatory attacks are happening on Syrian refugee camps in France.

Like Vlad said, this doesn't seem unbelievable to me, but I pray it's not true.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Apparently there is a fire in a refugee camp in Calais known as "The Jungle".

EDIT: now I'm reading that it's a hoax.
It's very confusing because the people saying it's a hoax are referencing an incident that occurred during daylight hours, not at night like the photos are. I don't doubt that it could be a hoax, but nothing is clear right now.

Whoever tries to link this incident to gun control thing definitely is an asshole

I hope guys from EODM is okay

I would honestly be more surprised if the retaliation attacks weren't happening. :slant:

EDIT: This is not what I expected my 15,000th post to be.

Last edited:
I would honestly be more surprised if the retaliation attacks weren't happening. :slant:

EDIT: This is not what I expected my 15,000th post to be.

I hope it's appropriate to say that the only thing that could be more horrifying than this tragedy is what follows after. Inevitably, more innocent and vulnerable people will suffer.

I hope it's appropriate to say that the only thing that could be more horrifying than this tragedy is what follows after. Inevitably, more innocent and vulnerable people will suffer.
Yeah this definitely has the hallmarks of being a catalyst for even more violence. I hope and pray people and politicians in Europe will react in an intelligent manner.

Some Republican asshole is on CNN right now talking about how this Obama's fault for not going after ISIS...fucking hell

Some Republican asshole is on CNN right now talking about how this Obama's fault for not going after ISIS...fucking hell

I guess a lot of people are talking about ISIS and Syria and whatever, but do we actually have any clue who these people are, where they're from, what their motives are, or if they're tied to ISIS or the Middle East in any way? Maybe I'm missing something, and maybe there is a connection, but I haven't seen one yet, and I'd prefer that people not start pretending to know yet, especially if it may incite violence.

What unmitigated horror. I have no words. Two bands that I really like, 65daysofstatic and Deftones, were scheduled to play the Bataclan tomorrow night.

I guess a lot of people are talking about ISIS and Syria and whatever, but do we actually have any clue who these people are, where they're from, what their motives are, or if they're tied to ISIS or the Middle East in any way? Maybe I'm missing something, and maybe there is a connection, but I haven't seen one yet, and I'd prefer that people not start pretending to know yet, especially if it may incite violence.

Didn't you get the memo? Everything bad that happens is the fault of Obama and/or ISIS.

Jihadist-affiliated Twitter accounts celebrated the Paris attacks with dedicated hashtags and speculated that ISIS might be behind them, according to SITE institute, which monitors and translates militant social-media posting.

one of my fave venues in Paris - have been there many times - can't begin to imagine... so many young people there, just heart-breaking, especially so soon after Charlie earlier this year, cartoonists, metallers, executed in cold blood wtf

Back
Top Bottom