Shooting at D.C.'s Holocaust Museum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger Edge

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The suspect in Wednesday's shooting at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum is James von Brunn, an 88-year-old white supremacist from Maryland, two law enforcement officials told CNN.
Police cars mass outside the Holocaust Museum in Washington after a shooting there on Wednesday.

Gunfire at the entrance of the museum wounded at least two people Wednesday, emergency officials said.

A private security guard and the shooting suspect were wounded, according to officials of the D.C. police.

Sgt. David Schlosser, a spokesman for U.S. Park Police, told reporters a man armed with a "long gun" entered the museum at 12:50 p.m. and fired at a security officer, and both were wounded in the exchange of gunfire.

"My understanding is that two other security officers at the museum returned gunfire at the man that had entered the museum," Schlosser said. Video Watch Schlosser tell what's known so far »

Schlosser said he didn't know exactly what kind of firearm the man had and whether the shooting was before or after he passed through a metal detector.

He said the security guard that was initially shot and the gunman have been transported to George Washington University Hospital and he didn't know their conditions.

Emergency vehicles converged on the scene near the National Mall.

A witness, who identified herself as Maria without providing a last name, told CNN she heard five shots and saw a security guard lying wounded on the ground.

"It was definitely a security guard, he was down bleeding on the floor," she said. "He was face down. His back ... blood was coming out."

Dave Pearson, a 6th grade teacher in the Washington area, said he was on the museum's fourth floor when he heard a loud noise.

"At the time, we're visiting and all of a sudden there's like a boom, and all of a sudden they told us to stop where we're at," he told CNN's Ed Henry.

"Only thing we heard was a boom, and that was it."

A woman who did not give her name said that she understood the shooting happened inside the museum near the security checkpoint at the entrance.

She said she was quickly evacuated.

"We did see yellow tape down the hall when we were being rushed out," she said. "They came in and said we had to leave right away and they got us out."

Shooting at Holocaust Museum injures guard, suspect - CNN.com

88!

Glad they were able to bring him down in time before he seriously hurt anyone else. I've read elsewhere that he took a shot to the head so he's likely not going to survive.

A little more info:

James von Brunn
James_von_Brunn.jpg

Him a few years ago, I guess. I hotlinked. I hope the traffic overloads his server and it gets taken down. :angry:

James von Brunn served in World War II as a PT boat captain. He graduated from a Midwest university with a degree in journalism.

He was arrested on 6 December 1981 for walking into the Federal Reserve with a shotgun and what he referred to as a bomb in a bag, angry about interest rates. He was convicted and served six and a half years in federal prison.

He wrote two very lovely books entitled Kill The Best Gentiles and Hitler's Worst Mistake

He has a website (http://www.holywesternempire.org/bio.html) where he explains the Federal Reserve incident in his own words:
In 1981 Von Brunn attempted to place the treasonous Federal Reserve Board of Governors under legal, non-violent, citizens arrest. He was tried in a Washington, D.C. Superior Court; convicted by a Negro jury, Jew/Negro attorneys, and sentenced to prison for eleven years by a Jew judge. A Jew/Negro/White Court of Appeals denied his appeal. He served 6.5 years in federal prison. (Read about von Brunn's "Federal Reserve Caper" HERE.) He is now an artist and author and lives on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
lol. When are these people going to die out??

looks like Janet Napolitano wasn't totally off-her-rocker, particularly on the heels of the Tiller murder and that truck driver who shot up a church because he hated liberals and gays.

all that said, there's no question that 99.99% of conservatives abhor all these actions. but the fact remains that there is a fringe and it does exist and it will more often resort to violence when it perceives that society is moving beyond their perceived control.

This is horrific, was only there a couple of months ago, can't even imagine that happening when we were there. I don't know why, but that man's age in particular jumped out of the screen at me.

This is horrific, was only there a couple of months ago, can't even imagine that happening when we were there. I don't know why, but that man's age in particular jumped out of the screen at me.

Yeah, guess he waited to turn 88 to give his actions more "weight".

This is horrible. I can't imagine what kind of nutcase would do such a thing.

One of the security guards died, thus, saving the people who were inside the museum. He was only 39 years old. My prayers to his family.

This is horrible. I can't imagine what kind of nutcase would do such a thing.

One of the security guards died, thus, saving the people who were inside the museum. He was only 39 years old. My prayers to his family.

I heard his mom on the news this morning. The woman brought me to tears.
What she said was so enlightened and beautiful. Not an once of hate in her bones. This is how we fight hatred.....with love and forgiveness, what a great example she is.

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it. Martin Luther King Jr.

Stand up for your love

James von Brunn served in World War II as a PT boat captain.

I think PT boats were primarily in the Pacific. I mean, if he had served in Europe, he would have sort of been shooting at the people he agreed with, so I wonder if he went out of his way to make sure he was in the Pacific theater.

I doubt he ever served as a PT boat captain, he could have made that up

cnn.com

Previous online postings attributed to James von Brunn promoted the claim that Obama has no valid U.S. birth certificate, a debunked theory rejected by U.S. courts and refuted by a certified copy of his birth certificate from the Hawaii Department of Health.

A November 2008 post that appeared under von Brunn's name declared, "There is no Obama documentation -- no records -- no paper trail -- none -- this is no accident. It is being done on purpose with Media help -- but to serve whom & why???"

The guard Stephen Johns went to the door to open it for an elderly man. Little did he know it was just a hate filled bigoted and evil elderly man.

Someone posted this over on one of the other forums I'm on. This von Brunn guy made a nonsensical post on a popular right-wing website a while back. They've since deleted it, but Google cache still has it.

Funny how so many of the other posters think he's being perfectly reasonable in his rant. I doubt very many of them would take things as far as he did though. It's one thing to rant on a forum, but another to go shooting up a place.

Funny how so many of the other posters think he's being perfectly reasonable in his rant. I doubt very many of them would take things as far as he did though. It's one thing to rant on a forum, but another to go shooting up a place.

I'll bet that many of those freaks think he did the right thing, but they're too chicken-shit to admit it.

The great manipulator of truth Rush Limbaugh was claiming this man a leftist extemists today...:|

Well he certainly wasn't a right-wing extremist. Hating Israel, hating President Bush, and wanting to bomb The Weekly Standard and Fox News aren't exactly right-wing beliefs.

He was crazy. Leave it at that.

And it's where he should have left it...

But the arrogant hate filled man to which you worship did not.

Listen to him I do. Worship him I do not.

Edit: Actually, I've barely listened to him since school got out a month ago.

Well he certainly wasn't a right-wing extremist. Hating Israel, hating President Bush, and wanting to bomb The Weekly Standard and Fox News aren't exactly right-wing beliefs.

He was crazy. Leave it at that.

He is what is called far-right, because of his anti-government stands.

people that smash up research centers that use animals or burn down new housing developments are called far-left.

Back
Top Bottom