Sd.419

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sunday Dispatch .419

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

~Albert Einstein

I don't know what a miracle is

I guess a small miracle might be if some posters would just ignore a post or poster
instead of taking a shot at them.

I guess a small miracle might be if some posters would just ignore a post or poster

What's buggin' you deep? :hug:

Some cannot resist the temptation to isolate and ridicule posters with a different opinion to the majority FYM one.

I'm good Sean

I just don't understand why many direct their replies at or about the poster
and bring in stuff outside of the topic of the thread

as for this topic
I guess I really don't believe in miracles, per se
there are many things that we are not able to explain

as for Einstein - he said many things, and like all of us, sometimes he was right, sometimes wrong

By his own admission, he's just here to preach. I was asking a question.

Could at least have the courtesy to directly address me, deep and financeguy? Or is it more poetic and less confrontational to only suggest you were talking to me?

By his own admission, he's just here to preach. I was asking a question.

Could at least have the courtesy to directly address me, deep and financeguy? Or is it more poetic and less confrontational to only suggest you were talking to me?

Can you not see the double standard you are applying?

Hi Martha

this thread topic is about miracles or perhaps Einstein

in my second reply I addressed those two

as for posters, and if they preach or not

that is probably a thread topic I would not participate very much in.

What do you think about miracles and / or Einstein?

Einstein might disagree
It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal god and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
I'm not an atheist. I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws.

I thought about that, but then remembered that iron horse doesn't usually return to his threads.

Wow. I'm way too vain to post something and then not return. I just have to know what people are saying.

I thought about that, but then remembered that iron horse doesn't usually return to his threads.

But you're right.

Iron Horse, is this the same dispatch you posted on all the other boards you frequent?

I remember the first SD posted in FYM was already in the triple digits, so I'm guessing he posts the same everywhere. These Sunday Dispatches are really a form of religious spamming :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom