Sd.409

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sunday Dispatch .409

"I am perfectly convinced that whatever the gospels are they are not legends. I have read a great deal of legend and I am quite clear they are not that sort of thing....Christ bent down and scribbled in the dust with His finger. Nothing comes of this. No one has based any doctrine on it. And the act of inventing little irrelevant details to make an imaginary scene more convincing is purely a modern art."

~C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis is a nice guy but Thucydides is a better example of ancient history. Even Herodetus is right about some battles because we have found weapon artifacts to back up some of his claims.

I would like to see quotes from C.S. Lewis trying to explain the divide between the Jews and Christians.

C.S. Lewis is a nice guy but Thucydides is a better example of ancient history. Even Herodetus is right about some battles because we have found weapon artifacts to back up some of his claims.

I would like to see quotes from C.S. Lewis trying to explain the divide between the Jews and Christians.

I would like to see some quotes from Thucydides and Herodetus.

I would like to see some quotes from Thucydides and Herodetus.

They are early history books. Go read them. Single quotes aren't enough to see what I'm saying. Thucydides is more straight forward in the historical sense and Herodetus is more mythical but with some history that is backed up with artifacts dated correctly to the battles mentioned in the book. Reading a history book versus a religious text is a different kettle of fish.

My response to your quote is that the Bible doesn't have enough historical backup to justify it's claims especially the more supernatural ones. Drawing a line in the sand as being real and ignoring the supernatural elements still wipes out the belief. At most he becomes a philosopher instead of the son of God.

Back
Top Bottom