Saul Alinsky - Rules for Radicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice try, Hannity tried it also but failed miserably...

What the both of you fail to realize is this is just a generic pathway, you could make the case how Rove did this, how the church does this, corporations, etc. Hell Hannity does every single one of these on a daily basis. But if you slap "radical" on it and divert the attention, the Kool-Aid drinkers will follow. It's just common sense.

I love Saul Alinsky, Studs Terkel, Dorothy Day, Paul Robeson, Martin Luther King Jr and Barack Obama! :applaud:

The new day of American Democracy has come - deal with it!

I have never been prouder to be an American - and the parent of a bi-racial daughter. :hug:

Nice try, Hannity tried it also but failed miserably...

What the both of you fail to realize is this is just a generic pathway, you could make the case how Rove did this, how the church does this, corporations, etc. Hell Hannity does every single one of these on a daily basis. But if you slap "radical" on it and divert the attention, the Kool-Aid drinkers will follow. It's just common sense.

Yeah that's too much moral equivalency for me.

Anyways enjoy the victory.:wave:

I think the tsunami might give him an edge.

tsunami.jpg

Have your eyes been closed? I seriously don't know why you harp on about this subject after what has happened in the last 8 years...

Voting for the Obama ticket is going to solve this problem? If Obama said I'm going to raise taxes to balance the budget that would at least be reasonable but he wants to increase spending at the same time. Maybe I'm blind but I will love to see him spar with congress to control spending.

Voting for the Obama ticket is going to solve this problem? If Obama said I'm going to raise taxes to balance the budget that would at least be reasonable but he wants to increase spending at the same time. Maybe I'm blind but I will love to see him spar with congress to control spending.

Why do you always do this? Why do you completely ignore the stated issue and then change the question?

Yes, I do think you are blind. You're blind to not recognise who has been doing the out of control spending the last 8 years, but then automatically blame Obama for debt. That's just poor logic.

Why do you always do this? Why do you completely ignore the stated issue and then change the question?

Yes, I do think you are blind. You're blind to not recognise who has been doing the out of control spending the last 8 years, but then automatically blame Obama for debt. That's just poor logic.

There you go again. I did answer your question. Two wrongs don't make a right. What's the point of voting for a tax and spend guy because Republicans over spent in the past 8 years. If Obama had a more conservative approach he would definately be the best, but he promised increased corporate taxes and large health spending plus trade tightening with Colombia.

It's like saying "well lots of people are taking drugs so why don't we just legalize it so more people can take drugs."

I agree that Bush and many Republicans over spent. What do you think I was saying before about Republicans abandoning their beliefs? At least McCain/Palin articulated change based on a spending freeze and a review of all the programs to find waste to cut. This was quite different from Bush/Cheney and Republican congress. I don't know where people get this idea that Bush was an extreme rightist. He's not and never was. He's a part of the Nixon wing. Even McCain had to abandon his centerist leanings by picking Palin just so he could avoid total apathy from the conservative base in the Republican party.

There you go again. I did answer your question.
No, you didn't. Not until this post.

What's the point of voting for a tax and spend guy because Republicans over spent in the past 8 years.
This is why your discussion never go anywhere with anyone, your post are filled with so many logical fallacies. Why are you assuming I voted for a "tax and spend" guy BECAUSE the Republicans over spent? Why would you assume that is anyone's reasoning?

I voted for Obama because of a plethora of reasons, one being that his judgement would lead to smarter spending.

I agree that Bush and many Republicans over spent. What do you think I was saying before about Republicans abandoning their beliefs? At least McCain/Palin articulated change based on a spending freeze and a review of all the programs to find waste to cut. This was quite different from Bush/Cheney and Republican congress. I don't know where people get this idea that Bush was an extreme rightist. He's not and never was. He's a part of the Nixon wing.

Thank you for finally answering the question.

I don't know why you bought the spending freeze rhetoric, they contradicted it everytime they brought it up.

Bush was extreme right in his social views and who he catered to, that can't be that hard to recognise, can it?

I voted for Obama because of a plethora of reasons, one being that his judgement would lead to smarter spending.

Well I guess we all have to have faith in something.:wink:

When it comes to social issues you definately have to vote democrat because republicans aren't likely to go that route for another generation at least.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom