Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Why do you always do this? Why do you completely ignore the stated issue and then change the question?

Yes, I do think you are blind. You're blind to not recognise who has been doing the out of control spending the last 8 years, but then automatically blame Obama for debt. That's just poor logic.
There you go again. I did answer your question. Two wrongs don't make a right. What's the point of voting for a tax and spend guy because Republicans over spent in the past 8 years. If Obama had a more conservative approach he would definately be the best, but he promised increased corporate taxes and large health spending plus trade tightening with Colombia.

It's like saying "well lots of people are taking drugs so why don't we just legalize it so more people can take drugs."

I agree that Bush and many Republicans over spent. What do you think I was saying before about Republicans abandoning their beliefs? At least McCain/Palin articulated change based on a spending freeze and a review of all the programs to find waste to cut. This was quite different from Bush/Cheney and Republican congress. I don't know where people get this idea that Bush was an extreme rightist. He's not and never was. He's a part of the Nixon wing. Even McCain had to abandon his centerist leanings by picking Palin just so he could avoid total apathy from the conservative base in the Republican party.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
There you go again. I did answer your question.
No, you didn't. Not until this post.

Quote:
What's the point of voting for a tax and spend guy because Republicans over spent in the past 8 years.
This is why your discussion never go anywhere with anyone, your post are filled with so many logical fallacies. Why are you assuming I voted for a "tax and spend" guy BECAUSE the Republicans over spent? Why would you assume that is anyone's reasoning?

I voted for Obama because of a plethora of reasons, one being that his judgement would lead to smarter spending.

Quote:
I agree that Bush and many Republicans over spent. What do you think I was saying before about Republicans abandoning their beliefs? At least McCain/Palin articulated change based on a spending freeze and a review of all the programs to find waste to cut. This was quite different from Bush/Cheney and Republican congress. I don't know where people get this idea that Bush was an extreme rightist. He's not and never was. He's a part of the Nixon wing.
Thank you for finally answering the question.

I don't know why you bought the spending freeze rhetoric, they contradicted it everytime they brought it up.

Bush was extreme right in his social views and who he catered to, that can't be that hard to recognise, can it?

Old 11-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post

I voted for Obama because of a plethora of reasons, one being that his judgement would lead to smarter spending.
Well I guess we all have to have faith in something.

When it comes to social issues you definately have to vote democrat because republicans aren't likely to go that route for another generation at least.