Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He can't respond to Beck. That is his Beck problem. His trying to stay way under that radar, but he can't. Major problem , but the tapes will be the end.
Then why did you say he did respond to Beck? Tapes? You make no sense.

Palin he does sometimes, but that is my point. everyone is worrried or interested in her for some reason , and it isn't the people that would, or could support her. Its the people who would never vote for her. The other party... Makes it hard to understand the attention she gets. she doesnt get that attention from Republicans.

that is why it is so puzzling

You're oblivious...:huh:

Doesn't get that much attention from Republicans? What rock are you living under? Do you think Democrats are having her speak at her conventions? She has no job, the only reason we know she's saying something is because Republicans are still paying attention...:doh:

What kinda makes me wonder is what has happened to the Republican Party in the past couple of years? It seems it has been hijacked by the ilk of Palin, Beck, Rush and this supposed Tea Party movement is just downright moronic.

What kinda makes me wonder is what has happened to the Republican Party in the past couple of years? It seems it has been hijacked by the ilk of Palin, Beck, Rush and this supposed Tea Party movement is just downright moronic.

Do you think it's actually changed, or just hasn't found how to evolve?

I often wonder about this, is it just stuck, or has it been hijacked, or is it a combination of the two?

she doesnt get that attention from Republicans.

Really? They're falling over each other trying to get her endorsement so the grandmothers know who to vote for.

I'm not afraid of her at all. I think she's a sideshow freak. I think it's hilarious how many of your conservative pals are lining up to be anointed by this idiot.

I also think it's hilarious how you're all of a sudden in here, defending her, claiming that you aren't a tea partier, talking about how "smart" she is, making posts that don't really make a whole lot of sense, and being so very coy about things, even to the point of making them up. It's entertaining.

She sure won't. It doesn't pay enough and she's made it clear she's in it for the $$$ now.

while i agree, she knows that her gimmick is the possibility that she could run for president in 2012.

so maybe she has to? that's the only way to keep her name in the media and goad people into being "mean" to her so she can feign outrage and rally her supporters.

this, i ponder.

while i agree, she knows that her gimmick is the possibility that she could run for president in 2012.

so maybe she has to? that's the only way to keep her name in the media and goad people into being "mean" to her so she can feign outrage and rally her supporters.

this, i ponder.

If that's the case, then congratulations to her, she's run one of THE most cynical campaigns ever in the history of our nation.

The only fear I have regarding her is the fear of her running the country. Outside of that, I'm not frightened of her, I just find her sad and insulting. But there's lots of people I could name that I find sad and insulting.

Angela

Independents and soft conservatives voted for Obama in 08, so right now the Republicans only have "the base", which tends to be more hard-line and more vocal in the lack of any better voice. And Palin, Beck, Rush can shout pretty loud when there's no one else around. (The Left has their own loonies too, but right now they're not necessary.) But political prominence runs in cycles; the Democrats were demoralized in the 80s, returned to prominence in the 90s, were relegated to the back row in the 00s, and are now up again. Depending on how this next election cycle goes, given the rocky state of the economy and Obama's popularity, the Democrats could find themselves there again soon.

It is also disresptful .. Many of these people fought for this Country . calling them Tea Baggers, while they think it is funny,it is the same as using the N-word. Which they will never do. They are way more tolerant than the far left.

So, everytime someone uses that term, you might as well being using the N-word, gay or lesibian slang, or other derogatory statement against people.

To say that calling members of the Tea Party "teabaggers" is the same as calling black people "niggers" is utterly ridiculous and needs to be called out.

You tell me which is worse: Insulting someone for a group they choose to associate themselves with, or insulting someone for simply being.

can you name the left-wing equivalents of Palin, Beck, and Rush?

As has been discussed before, I think Olbermann balances Rush and Beck nicely.

As far as Palin, Howard Dean comes to mind -- someone ill-equipped to handle the pressures of the candidacy, who has found an appropriate niche for himself elsewhere in the party.

can you name the left-wing equivalents of Palin, Beck, and Rush?

I'm sure people could come up with a comparable list of names--say, a Sharpton, Olbermann, and Moore?--but actually there is no left wing equivalent because nobody on the Left seems to resonating with and motivating such a large number of the much acclaimed "regular" folks Benji mentioned. As manic as much of his posts have been, he's right about one thing--it's not just loonies that are finding that what these people have to say rings true to them. I know a number of them, and they really are good people--compassionate, decent folks. But they're scared by how fast the country and the culture is changing. Palin, Beck, and Rush speak to that. Nobody on the left is having the kind of cultural infuence that they are, and that is actually what worries me more than the three of them themselves.

I know a number of them, and they really are good people--compassionate, decent folks. But they're scared by how fast the country and the culture is changing. Palin, Beck, and Rush speak to that. Nobody on the left is having the kind of cultural infuence that they are, and that is actually what worries me more than the three of them themselves.

Could it be that those on the left don't scare as easily when things start to change (i.e. a black president)?

Oh come on, seriously?

They may "balance" each other as far as where they stand on the political spectrum, but no way do they balance each other as far as how they communicate or influence on their audience. They are not even close in that aspect.

Could it be that those on the left don't scare as easily when things start to change (i.e. a black president)?

As some one who tends to lean left, I find that conclusion appealing, but ultimately I think if we're being honest, it's a bit self-serving and I'm wary of it.

I feel it's more a human nature thing. The fact is the old white Christian default in this country is losing ground to the new brown pluralism. When you're on the losing side, it's not unusual to be scared.

I feel it's more a human nature thing. The fact is the old white Christian default in this country is losing ground to the new brown pluralism. When you're on the losing side, it's not unusual to be scared.

This is what I meant; you're just more eloquent.

I do think Obama's presidency is a visible reminder of this change, though. It was easier to take when a white man was president and was "holding our ground" as it were. Now, not only is the president one of them, he's probably going to encourage others like him to assure more leadership roles. This can only mean more ground lost.

I don't like fear. I try not to let it run my life, so I tend to have very little patience with those who do.

throwup.gif

Sorry, it's my nerves don't ya know.

As far as Palin, Howard Dean comes to mind -- someone ill-equipped to handle the pressures of the candidacy, who has found an appropriate niche for himself elsewhere in the party.

perhaps from a professional standpoint, but from an ideological one? really? you think Olbermann is as Left as Rush/Beck are Right?

Not in terms of audience.

Exactly.

The "mainstream" far right look at Glenn, Hannity, Rush as real news, mindlessly believe their warped history, manipulations, and they need this preaching to the choir mentality. It's why everyday news outlets seem "liberal" to them, it's why real history scares them, and why secularism looks like anti-god to them. The "mainstream" left don't need this.

they also make their money by trashing and discrediting actual journalists, which further increases their market share. why read the newspaper when Rush will read it for you?

I do think Obama's presidency is a visible reminder of this change, though. It was easier to take when a white man was president and was "holding our ground" as it were. Now, not only is the president one of them, he's probably going to encourage others like him to assure more leadership roles. This can only mean more ground lost.

I don't think many of the people who don't make it on TV with their loony-toon signs would articulate it this way. . .at least the people I know. While what you're saying may be true I have a feeling many people don't think of it that way consciously and as a result take great offense when such accusations are made. Pretty much everyone--including those of us on the left-- is racist to some degree. Very few people own it.

I don't like fear. I try not to let it run my life, so I tend to have very little patience with those who do.

Imagine it was their agenda, antifemnist, antihomosexual, antimulti-cultural that was winning the day. How would you feel? Maybe a little bit scared?

Back
Top Bottom