Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they're not exactly living in grass huts. . . :)

There's no superstitions surrounding cameras. It's just that good old American sense of self-promotion seems to be missing, IMHO.[/B]

LOL, yeah, exactly. No, of course, I didn't mean it to sound like that. I just thought I heard something before about some people thinking cameras steal souls or whatever. Could've been all made up, though, so who knows?

I do admire that mindset. I have no problem with people promoting stuff they do, but there is a balance, I think, that has to be sought. Being in-your-face is just as difficult to sell as not even making an announcement is.

I, on the other hand, though I'm more interested in writing and directing, don't mean being on camera at all. I even. . . :reject: love the sound of my own voice! :lol:

Haha, you and I differ yet again there. I hate the sound of my own voice-I've heard myself on the radio and...ick. Some people just have a more natural fit for being in front of the camera and talking at length about stuff, so if it is something that genuinely interests you and you truly enjoy it, hey, go for it :).

Angela

Please don't tell me this is the best that the Republican's can come up with. The way Obama is conducting things she actually may become our next President. ... Be afraid....be very afraid.

Obama needs a new inner circle. The advice he's been given on how to react to things, or refute bogus claims has been disappointing.

I don't think he's the type of guy who takes crap, in fact i think he likes to dish it out more than anything. But because we're so PC in this country, he has to be afraid of looking like a "angry black man". Because if he were to act like that, i might be afraid he'll jack my car or sleep with a white woman.

Just stupid. But typical democrat leadership style.

Palin will not be our next president. As that clip states (and gives me hope that more people think like this); she can't even get past one liners. She'll be exposed as the complete moron that she is when/if she runs.

Obama needs a new inner circle. The advice he's been given on how to react to things, or refute bogus claims has been disappointing.

I don't think he's the type of guy who takes crap, in fact i think he likes to dish it out more than anything. But because we're so PC in this country, he has to be afraid of looking like a "angry black man". Because if he were to act like that, i might be afraid he'll jack my car or sleep with a white woman.

Palin will not be our next president. As that clip states (and gives me hope that more people think like this); she can't even get past one liners. She'll be exposed as the complete moron that she is when/if she runs.

I wouldn't be so sure that she won't get in. This is a country who put in W. twice (well, at least once).

I wouldn't be so sure that she won't get in. This is a country who put in W. twice (well, at least once).

Come on, her stupidity aside all the running Republican would have to say is, "she quit". :shrug: She won't even get the primary.

Even her stalkers in here have backed off, she's lost her appeal...

not at all. this is what i expected. she's a reality TV star, not a politician.

actual governance is hard and not nearly as well paid. we're talking about someone who got bored and quit.

As opposed to someone who doesn't have any ?

So which is it?

No governance?

Or he's gotten passed all that legislation that you tea partied against?

Seems like you're contradicting yourself.

" Obama needs a new inner circle"

he might just have one soon . But yes he does. Trial isn't looking so good .

" The advice he's been given on how to react to things, or refute bogus claims has been disappointing."

Media Matters is the best of the best money can buy isnt it?

On the other hand, it is hard to refute things when you have people on film, saying the things you want to refute. Gibbs is a horrible PS in way over his head , But they dont ask him anything so, its even.

When a Chief of Staff Like Emanuel is going to quit because the people in "the circle are too " ideological" Emanuel is saying this, that tells you a lot of why the Admin is droping like a stone.

you can't get much more critical that that. A guy who is ubber and Ideological saying his Presidents people are too much so........ wow

Should be a few vacancies after the Bloggo trial. Yes, he needs some experienced people.

Come on, her stupidity aside all the running Republican would have to say is, "she quit". :shrug: She won't even get the primary.

Real question.. Your afraid of Sarah Palin now too? Really ?

Why?

I really dont get it. People call their grandmothers maybe their moms and dad's racist because they want lower spending, and wear a god bless america t-shirt. Just cant let them do their thing, which is shout " stop spending my money" ( I know... frightening and most certainly a racist Statement .. taxes is code word for skin color :doh:)

Now it is Sarah Palin? she is like 4'1.

Real question.. Your afraid of Sarah Palin now too? Really ?

Why?

I really dont get it. People call their grandmothers maybe their moms and dad's racist because they want lower spending, and wear a god bless america t-shirt. Just cant let them do their thing, which is shout " stop spending my money" ( I know... frightening and most certainly a racist Statement .. taxes is code word for skin color :doh:)

Now it is Sarah Palin? she is like 4'1.

Was there any fear in that post? You're trying way too hard.

The rest of that post just didn't even make sense :huh:

Please don't tell me this is the best that the Republican's can come up with. The way Obama is conducting things she actually may become our next President. ... Be afraid....be very afraid.

"Please don't tell me this is the best that the Republican's can come up with. "

No, it won't be Palin, so rest easy . You won't like the next President, but he actually has a very good track record, and the Demos' always liked him. Very respected on both sides Far left hates him ,but ,they dont like anyone. Not sure the far right does either, but they dont lke anyone ,either .

Not fear in the literal sense. I was generalizing. meaning they cant just let her go. Either it's fun, or they are scared of her. If they were not they would'nt pay any attention to her .

This is where I agree with the gentleman who said the President needs new people.

By this constant responding to the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck , Rush etc, they only bring attention to themselves. Ignore them , and be Presidential and above it if you think they have no creedance. Why give any response, or the time of day if they are so whacked, or wrong?

Beck, they have a problem with. He would never run for office though . That's good news.

I had a conversation this past weekend with a golfing buddy he's a huge Conservative, Dittohead, Beck fan. We were on the golf course and he asked me if I was going to vote for Sister Sarah if she ran and I told him, "winners never quit and quiters never win". He got so pissed off at me, it was a very quiet back nine.

I would imagine it depends on how Obama fares in the polls this year. (Right or wrong, this year's election will most likely be framed as a referendum on him.) If the Dems do okay, or only lose a minimum of Congressional seats, I'm guessing the Republicans will assume 2012 is a lock for Obama and throw Palin to the wolves. If not, however, (and they still have another year and a half to really figure out who they'll throw their money behind) I'm guessing someone like John Thune may become more of a realistic candidate.

The Republicans aren't stupid. (Or at least I'd like to think so, since I'm always a fan of a good game.) Palin rallied the base and most likely kept the 2008 race closer than it should have been, but she did not cross over into the larger public consciousness in a positive way. And if the 2008 race tells us anything, it's that you can rally the base all you want, but unless you are able to rally independent voters to your cause, as well as a couple of swing voters on the other side, you're lost.

Palin will be used to get the base out, and she'll be an effective attack dog for whatever candidate is nominated -- but she won't be it.

People call their grandmothers maybe their moms and dad's racist because they want lower spending, and wear a god bless america t-shirt. Just cant let them do their thing, which is shout " stop spending my money"

Tea Party is Blue collar hard working, normal everyday people like grandmothers, Fathers , maybe someone here mom and dad who want lower spending, and sign God Bless America, and fly the flag. They go to the corner bar, and vacation at Disney world. Yet, they are called racist, militants etc. It is comical .

It is also disresptful .. Many of these people fought for this Country . calling them Tea Baggers, while they think it is funny,it is the same as using the N-word. Which they will never do. They are way more tolerant than the far left.

So, everytime someone uses that term, you might as well being using the N-word, gay or lesibian slang, or other derogatory statement against people .

That's how it is viewed, and again, something they will never do It goes against the ones that say it. That's why they laugh when they hear it.

But, Sarah Palin does not represent the Republican Party, or the Tea Party. Nobody does.

Not fear in the literal sense. I was generalizing. meaning they cant just let her go. Either it's fun, or they are scared of her. If they were not they would'nt pay any attention to her .

Oh come on, I hope you're smarter than that... It's hilarious! She IS the punchline, the fact that conservatives took/ or take her seriously is downright funny.

This is where I agree with the gentleman who said the President needs new people.

By this constant responding to the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck , Rush etc, they only bring attention to themselves. Ignore them , and be Presidential and above it if you think they have no creedance. Why give any response, or the time of day if they are so whacked, or wrong?

Beck, they have a problem with. He would never run for office though . That's good news.

I don't agree with this. This works on a personal level, but on larger levels like this it doesn't work. If you ignore the bully they'll leave you alone, but bullys don't have followers that believe them. I think we should try our hardest to inform the Beck followers, otherwise they'll drift off into the cult with him.

Now as far as "be Presidential and above it", I've rarely seen the President respond to Palin or Beck.

I would imagine it depends on how Obama fares in the polls this year. (Right or wrong, this year's election will most likely be framed as a referendum on him.) If the Dems do okay, or only lose a minimum of Congressional seats, I'm guessing the Republicans will assume 2012 is a lock for Obama and throw Palin to the wolves. If not, however, (and they still have another year and a half to really figure out who they'll throw their money behind) I'm guessing someone like John Thune may become more of a realistic candidate.

The Republicans aren't stupid. (Or at least I'd like to think so, since I'm always a fan of a good game.) Palin rallied the base and most likely kept the 2008 race closer than it should have been, but she did not cross over into the larger public consciousness in a positive way. And if the 2008 race tells us anything, it's that you can rally the base all you want, but unless you are able to rally independent voters to your cause, as well as a couple of swing voters on the other side, you're lost.

Palin will be used to get the base out, and she'll be an effective attack dog for whatever candidate is nominated -- but she won't be it.

I agree with this , but she is a smart woman. She will have some say for sure. As you said, she is very effective and unafraid

People call their grandmothers maybe their moms and dad's racist because they want lower spending, and wear a god bless america t-shirt. Just cant let them do their thing, which is shout " stop spending my money"

Tea Party is Blue collar hard working, normal everyday people like grandmothers, Fathers , maybe someone here mom and dad who want lower spending, and sign God Bless America, and fly the flag. They go to the corner bar, and vacation at Disney world. Yet, they are called racist, militants etc. It is comical .

It is also disresptful .. Many of these people fought for this Country . calling them Tea Baggers, while they think it is funny,it is the same as using the N-word. Which they will never do. They are way more tolerant than the far left.

So, everytime someone uses that term, you might as well being using the N-word, gay or lesibian slang, or other derogatory statement against people .

That's how it is viewed, and again, something they will never do It goes against the ones that say it. That's why they laugh when they hear it.

But, Sarah Palin does not represent the Republican Party, or the Tea Party. Nobody does.

This is complete BS and you should be smart enough to know it.

No one is calling anyone racist because they ask for lower spending or wear a USA t-shirt. That is just plain ridiculous.

There have been plenty of examples of racism displayed by the Tea Party, if you truly read this whole thread you would know that. They've framed this as a cultural war. Signs with nooses on them, "go back to Kenya", calling Obama a "white slave owner".

That's not racism?

Why did the rallies not start with Bush's spending? Why was the first Tea Party rally started on April 15th protesting Bush's TARP plan but not until Obama was in office? You don't think any of that had to do with the first black president being in office? I went to that first Tea Party, and I guarantee you race had a lot to do with it.

Oh come on, I hope you're smarter than that... It's hilarious! She IS the punchline, the fact that conservatives took/ or take her seriously is downright funny.

I don't agree with this. This works on a personal level, but on larger levels like this it doesn't work. If you ignore the bully they'll leave you alone, but bullys don't have followers that believe them. I think we should try our hardest to inform the Beck followers, otherwise they'll drift off into the cult with him.

Now as far as "be Presidential and above it", I've rarely seen the President respond to Palin or Beck.

He can't respond to Beck. That is his Beck problem. His trying to stay way under that radar, but he can't. Major problem , but the tapes will be the end.

Palin he does sometimes, but that is my point. everyone is worrried or interested in her for some reason , and it isn't the people that would, or could support her. Its the people who would never vote for her. The other party... Makes it hard to understand the attention she gets. she doesnt get that attention from Republicans.

that is why it is so puzzling

I agree with this , but she is a smart woman.

I have to really question what you are doing here.

You say you're a conservative Democrat but you use the talking points directly from Hannity's mouth.

You lie and try really hard to spread conspiracy theories.

I mean you even go as far as saying Rahm Emanuel has announced his leaving, a lie that can easily be squashed with a simple Google search.

Why not just go big and tell us you're Bono and that gravity doesn't exist?

Back
Top Bottom