Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He said "wet his pants"?

No, the tingle was going 'up' his leg, not down.

Last night during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech. Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus — described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks:

"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

perhaps as fair or more fair than claiming Palin said she coiuld see Russia from her back yard.

More correct, though I'm not sure he said "thrill".

But what did Palin actually say about Russia? And one is a reporter, and one was the canidate for VP. So is it really "more fair"?

It is probably quite common to feel this way on both sides of the fence. When Chris Matthews said he was about to "wet his pants" when Obama spoke, I'm sure more than a few conservatives gagged.

Point taken-I'd find that a wee (uh...no pun intended...) bit over the line, too.

But like martha said, he's not running for a political office. He can express his opinion, but his opinion won't determine the laws that rule my country. Not to mention, when Obama speaks, he actually says something intelligent. He comes across as a smart man.

Angela

It is probably quite common to feel this way on both sides of the fence. When Chris Matthews said he was about to "wet his pants" when Obama spoke, I'm sure more than a few conservatives gagged.
There's a rather large difference between one commentator on a network that is widely recognized as biased stating his admiration for a person in a strange way and the former vice presidential candidate who may very well be running for president in two years stating blatant lies with regularity with no other intention than to mislead those in the public who will not fact check her statements.

One is weird and should just be ignored. The other is dangerous and scares me as a citizen.

People who like or agree with Sarah Palin are frightening. There's no other way to put it. She's a woman with a harmfully twisted view, either intentionally or because of lack of intelligence (more likely somewhere in between). For whatever reason, she frequently lies. And people eat it up.

Not to mention, when Obama speaks, he actually says something intelligent. He comes across as a smart man.

Angela

In my opinion, Obama is only great from the script. He can give a good speech. However, off-script, he seems lost, incoherent, and a little slow.

Occasionally he can stumble over himself in interviews, yes, and he does speak a bit slow at times...but hey, those qualities didn't stop Bush from being leader for 8 years.

Again, though, even if Obama doesn't always articulate himself properly, though, he still is a smart guy. He still actually has good ideas. There's a train of thought, a line of logic, from point A to point B. PhilsFan articulated my sentiments perfectly :up:.

Angela

Again, though, even if Obama doesn't always articulate himself properly, though, he still is a smart guy. He still actually has good ideas. There's a train of thought, a line of logic, from point A to point B.
Angela

Do you think it's possible you feel this way because you agree with what he's saying?

There's a ton of people that watch Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity every night and think 1) he's a smart guy, 2) he has good ideas, 3) they have a train of thought (or a chalkboard), and 4) there's a (chalk)line of logic from point A to point B.

My point is - both sides are filled to the brim with people that think their ideas and spokespeople are logical - and the other side is full of morons.

In my opinion, Obama is only great from the script. He can give a good speech. However, off-script, he seems lost, incoherent, and a little slow.
Did you see that thing he did with the Republicans where he just took questions? He was phenomenal. It actually blew me away because I kind of felt like you did before that. He's not lost, incoherent or slow at all. Does he stutter more? Sure, because he's giving himself a bit of time to think. But he was just great there.

You're refering to when he went to the Republican retreat in January, right? That was awesome. I loved that.

Do you think it's possible you feel this way because you agree with what he's saying?

No, because I don't always agree with everything he says. He's done a few things thus far in his presidency that I don't personally support. But I still see logical reasoning to why he's doing what he's doing.

I've debated with many a conservative on here before. I didn't agree with their position, but I loved debating them because they were intelligent and logical and respectful in their explanations. It was a good exercise for the brain on both ends.

There's a ton of people that watch Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity every night and think 1) he's a smart guy, 2) he has good ideas, 3) they have a train of thought (or a chalkboard), and 4) there's a (chalk)line of logic from point A to point B.

The difference is that you can look at their arguments and see flat out lies mixed in with the stuff they're saying (like Glenn Beck believing Obama has a deep-seeded hatred of white people, or the insinuation that he's friendly with terrorists, or wasn't born in the U.S., or is secretly a Muslim, or whatever else they're willing to throw out there). You may disagree with Obama on an issue, but he's yet to put an outrageously bold-faced lie out to the public.

My point is - both sides are filled to the brim with people that think their ideas and spokespeople are logical - and the other side is full of morons.

That I will certainly agree with you on. You're definitely right.

Angela

I don't think there's anything to fear in Palin. She should be encouraged because she's only headed full steam for nothing anyway. The bigger she becomes, the closer she is to being thoroughly and totally discredited. Probably the worst case scenario is that she never becomes any bigger than this, and is just forever and annoying, ridiculous, loud megaphone for stupidity from the sidelines. Build her up, put her on the big stage, watch what happens. There's no way she'll ever represent Republicans. She'd never get through the primaries. Ever. And if she became a part of some crazy plan to split off and go independent or create some formal Tea Party, umm, Party, then they'd just split the conservative vote and hand Obama (or if not 2012, whoever in 2016) the election on a platter.

I could be wrong, but I believe Jeffferson's first version did not include that part, endowed by their Creator

I think someone else added it, regardless, I can see why.

I believe with the Monarchy, all rights were believe to be granted by the King,
so if they were exercising and claiming rights, these rights needed to come from some place other than the King

Yeah, I don't know who all had input on Jefferson's draft. But, because it wasn't all Jefferson, I think it makes it even more valid. Of course, there are the signatures that agreed with it regardless of who all wrote it.

Agreed about the rejection of the King.

Beck and commentators from both sides, sure. But even in this sentence, you put Obama in the same category as them. You're not a careless poster, usually.

I point to men like Hannity and Beck because they are the current, though unofficial, leaders of the Right. The Left doesn't have such popular, yet non-elected, leaders. To be sure, the Republican official leadership is just as culpable.

I think the big difference that you seem to still not yet be willing to admit is that Beck, Rush, Hannity, Keith, etc... Are not held to be accountable.

Rush and Hannity can lie all day, which they do, and they don't have to answer for it.

When an actual elected official lies, or distorts somewhere along the line there is accountability. It's sales, and in sales there is going to be stretching and manipulation, that's just the nature of the beast.

But to continue to place Obama in the same category as Beck, or Bush in the same category of Keith is ridiculous.

I think there's only typically one party where the actual quotes are just as embarrassing.
I'm not quite clear what your meaning is here. Is it your contention that only one party (presumably Republican) has embarrassing quotes?

When an actual elected official lies, or distorts somewhere along the line there is accountability.

It's possible I missed it - did you hold Obama accountable for this statement:

"We've excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs or seats on federal boards and commissions," Barack Obama Jan. 27, 2010

Do you think that perhaps this is stretching the truth a bit when we look at the recent resumes of those currently working in his adminsitration?

It's possible I missed it - did you hold Obama accountable for this statement:

Do you think that perhaps this is stretching the truth a bit when we look at the recent resumes of those currently working in his adminsitration?

Then hold him accountable, vote. I on the one hand understood the quote to mean he wouldn't allow active lobbyist to sit on boards.

I'm not quite clear what your meaning is here. Is it your contention that only one party (presumably Republican) has embarrassing quotes?
No. Typically only one party has embarrassing logic. The quotes that they want to be out there are embarrassing.

Mama grizzlies?

WASHINGTON – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says "mama grizzlies" will punish Washington in November's midterm elections.

Palin on Friday told an anti-abortion rights group that women will lead a Republican wave and stop the Democratic agenda. She also criticized President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.

Palin said female activists — "mama grizzlies," she calls them — will help the party "take this country back." Palin decried Democrats' position on abortion rights and said Obama is "the most pro-abortion president ever to occupy the White House."

grizzly-bear-sow-with-cub_4140.jpg

Funny. Most "female activists" I know are pro reproductive rights.

But whatever. Mostly what I think when I read something Palin says is this:

fuuuu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom