Sarah Palin, continued. - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Well, they're not exactly living in grass huts. . .

There's no superstitions surrounding cameras. It's just that good old American sense of self-promotion seems to be missing, IMHO.[/B]
LOL, yeah, exactly. No, of course, I didn't mean it to sound like that. I just thought I heard something before about some people thinking cameras steal souls or whatever. Could've been all made up, though, so who knows?

I do admire that mindset. I have no problem with people promoting stuff they do, but there is a balance, I think, that has to be sought. Being in-your-face is just as difficult to sell as not even making an announcement is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I, on the other hand, though I'm more interested in writing and directing, don't mean being on camera at all. I even. . . love the sound of my own voice!
Haha, you and I differ yet again there. I hate the sound of my own voice-I've heard myself on the radio and...ick. Some people just have a more natural fit for being in front of the camera and talking at length about stuff, so if it is something that genuinely interests you and you truly enjoy it, hey, go for it .

Angela

Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:09 PM

YouTube - Open live mic remarks after Sarah Palin's speech at CSU Stanislaus in Turlock - 25 June 2010

Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Ooooooooooooh. Me-yow.

Yeah, in terms of getting speakers that would inspire students, I wouldn't have Palin as my first choice.

Angela
Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #124
She's the One

Local Time: 09:09 AM

Go Sarah!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:09 PM
Quit picking on the Palins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #126
Blue Crack Supplier

i can't BELIEVE people would make fun of Trig like that!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Please don't tell me this is the best that the Republican's can come up with. The way Obama is conducting things she actually may become our next President. ... Be afraid....be very afraid.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:09 PM
Obama needs a new inner circle. The advice he's been given on how to react to things, or refute bogus claims has been disappointing.

I don't think he's the type of guy who takes crap, in fact i think he likes to dish it out more than anything. But because we're so PC in this country, he has to be afraid of looking like a "angry black man". Because if he were to act like that, i might be afraid he'll jack my car or sleep with a white woman.

Just stupid. But typical democrat leadership style.

Palin will not be our next president. As that clip states (and gives me hope that more people think like this); she can't even get past one liners. She'll be exposed as the complete moron that she is when/if she runs.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #129
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Obama needs a new inner circle. The advice he's been given on how to react to things, or refute bogus claims has been disappointing.

I don't think he's the type of guy who takes crap, in fact i think he likes to dish it out more than anything. But because we're so PC in this country, he has to be afraid of looking like a "angry black man". Because if he were to act like that, i might be afraid he'll jack my car or sleep with a white woman.

Palin will not be our next president. As that clip states (and gives me hope that more people think like this); she can't even get past one liners. She'll be exposed as the complete moron that she is when/if she runs.
I wouldn't be so sure that she won't get in. This is a country who put in W. twice (well, at least once).
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #130
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post
I wouldn't be so sure that she won't get in. This is a country who put in W. twice (well, at least once).
Come on, her stupidity aside all the running Republican would have to say is, "she quit". She won't even get the primary.

Even her stalkers in here have backed off, she's lost her appeal...
Old 06-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #131
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
not at all. this is what i expected. she's a reality TV star, not a politician.

actual governance is hard and not nearly as well paid. we're talking about someone who got bored and quit.

As opposed to someone who doesn't have any ?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #132
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

So which is it?

No governance?

Or he's gotten passed all that legislation that you tea partied against?

Seems like you're contradicting yourself.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #133
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

" Obama needs a new inner circle"

he might just have one soon . But yes he does. Trial isn't looking so good .

" The advice he's been given on how to react to things, or refute bogus claims has been disappointing."

Media Matters is the best of the best money can buy isnt it?

On the other hand, it is hard to refute things when you have people on film, saying the things you want to refute. Gibbs is a horrible PS in way over his head , But they dont ask him anything so, its even.

When a Chief of Staff Like Emanuel is going to quit because the people in "the circle are too " ideological" Emanuel is saying this, that tells you a lot of why the Admin is droping like a stone.

you can't get much more critical that that. A guy who is ubber and Ideological saying his Presidents people are too much so........ wow

Should be a few vacancies after the Bloggo trial. Yes, he needs some experienced people.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #134
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post

When a Chief of Staff Like Emanuel is going to quit because the people in "the circle are too " ideological" Emanuel is saying this, that tells you a lot of why the Admin is droping like a stone.
When did he say this?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #135
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Come on, her stupidity aside all the running Republican would have to say is, "she quit". She won't even get the primary.

Even her stalkers in here have backed off, she's lost her appeal...

Real question.. Your afraid of Sarah Palin now too? Really ?

Why?

I really dont get it. People call their grandmothers maybe their moms and dad's racist because they want lower spending, and wear a god bless america t-shirt. Just cant let them do their thing, which is shout " stop spending my money" ( I know... frightening and most certainly a racist Statement .. taxes is code word for skin color )

Now it is Sarah Palin? she is like 4'1.