Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ireland, Latvia, and Estonia are certainly Eurodollar heavyweights :giggle:

I'm watching their currency moving down.

Germany gets some props, but then again...

the idea is that the austerity measures taken by Ireland have made it even worse. what got us truly out of the Great Depression was the spending on WW2. the argument for more stimulus rather than austerity -- there's really nothing substantive left to cut unless we are going to focus on SocSec, Defense, Medicaid/care. the government is not a household, nor should it act like one. it makes sense for individuals, not so much for the only entity that actually can grow the economy. now, since austerity is so politically popular, we're going to get another 10 years of the "new normal" with unemployment between 7-9%, and yet another missed opportunity to have totally transitioned our economy off of fossil fuels.

have you taken a look at how China has weathered the Great Recession?

we're distracting from the Palin obsession thread :heart:

i greatly enjoyed watching Levi on Kathy Griffin last week.

I really don't know a thing about this Olbermann guy--which again tells you who has more cultural clout. I don't think Olbermann has ever been on the cover of Time magazine. Both Beck and Limbaugh have. Limbaugh was named one of the most influential people in the world by Time. Beck may have been as well, I don't know. I'm reasonablly sure Olbermann hasn't been.

I dislike Oberman for his mockery, or maybe his delusion , that he used to end his show with the closing of Edward R Morrow. He sure as heck isnt even on the same planet as Murrow. Murrow was a true journalist. He stopped doing that after relentless "heckling" by real journalists.The few that are left and not left. Nobody watches him anyway .

Oberman's claim to fame is he used to host a weekend sports update show.

Big difference

the idea is that the austerity measures taken by Ireland have made it even worse. what got us truly out of the Great Depression was the spending on WW2. the argument for more stimulus rather than austerity -- there's really nothing substantive left to cut unless we are going to focus on SocSec, Defense, Medicaid/care. the government is not a household, nor should it act like one. it makes sense for individuals, not so much for the only entity that actually can grow the economy. now, since austerity is so politically popular, we're going to get another 10 years of the "new normal" with unemployment between 7-9%, and yet another missed opportunity to have totally transitioned our economy off of fossil fuels.

i greatly enjoyed watching Levi on Kathy Griffin last week.[/QUOTE

Not well on china.t hey have a whole class of educated young people who cant find jobs, and live in some of the worse slums in the world. hey call them the "ants". China is frightened of them

A really good place to start for cuts, or freezing any more debt would be to stop spending money on things that don't create Jobs. Wind, solar, etc, are great, but they are now where near ready to power a one stop light town, let alone NYC.

3.5 TRILLION dollars in 18 months to"create or save jobs. " Be a really good place to stop wasting money . Didnt Obama say the recession was over? Robert Reich, did an ecellent piece on the economy yesterday ( Huffington post I think". Read it if you care. He is spot on.

we are double dipping and he even says, the "spending is doing it" I am sure you know, he is a far left former member of the Clinton Cabinet and a well known economist. He is still a power in the formally called democratic party.

As far as Europe. How can Soros profit off the fluctuation of the currency of UK and the Euro, if they dont keep spending? That is all he does you know.

Merkele , came from east germany. she knows that playbook and is rejected it, as are the UK, and Greece( by force) . UK is a good example The Libel and the Conservative party joined to form the Government. BOTH are saying CUT speading now.

You start by getting rid of the bloated Government .

BTW what to see the economics of the Chicago boys... Il has been downfreaded by Fitch, and can't pay anything. They are dead broke.

It has to stop.

Gas at 8.00 a gallon ( do you have a car, or use a washer and dryer BTW ) in europe on purpose . They dont want you to drive.

Cap and Trade will destroy jobs, and not go to where Agenda 21 wants it to go . Your electric bill will tripple, and who can afford that.

Something to think bout. Nobody can spend their way out of debt. It is impossible.

I hear Venezula is a great place to live. all the gas you want for nothing but a bottle of water will cost you 3.00 US that sounds cool

At least when Joe Biden says something dumb it's either funny or at least he admits and apologizes.

Unlike Palin that then blames the fact she looked like an ass on "Gotcha Journalism".

I don't get how anyone takes her serious. But to each their own, I suppose.

Joe Biden" The recession is over and we have created over 35 million jobs"

In other news, he gets drunk and starts singing the Villages song in the middle of a stream .

Joe Biden invents the non existent term " saved Job.

Joe Biden, zip codes for these jobs that are unknown to everyone.Because they don't exist

Joe Biden reveals secret, secure location of the "safe Bunker" of the VP mansion , while drunk .

Joe Biden only allowed to drink O'Doul's at State Functions

Joe Biden is smarter than Palin ???

President Obama revels the USA has 58 states

This could be a very long list.

Not well on china.t hey have a whole class of educated young people who cant find jobs, and live in some of the worse slums in the world. hey call them the "ants". China is frightened of them

A really good place to start for cuts, or freezing any more debt would be to stop spending money on things that don't create Jobs. Wind, solar, etc, are great, but they are now where near ready to power a one stop light town, let alone NYC.

3.5 TRILLION dollars in 18 months to"create or save jobs. " Be a really good place to stop wasting money . Didnt Obama say the recession was over? Robert Reich, did an ecellent piece on the economy yesterday ( Huffington post I think". Read it if you care. He is spot on.

we are double dipping and he even says, the "spending is doing it" I am sure you know, he is a far left former member of the Clinton Cabinet and a well known economist. He is still a power in the formally called democratic party.

As far as Europe. How can Soros profit off the fluctuation of the currency of UK and the Euro, if they dont keep spending? That is all he does you know.

Merkele , came from east germany. she knows that playbook and is rejected it, as are the UK, and Greece( by force) . UK is a good example The Libel and the Conservative party joined to form the Government. BOTH are saying CUT speading now.

BTW what to see the economics of the Chicago boys... Il has been downfreaded by Fitch, and can't pay anything. They are dead broke.

It has to stop.

Gas at 8.00 a gallon ( do you have a car, or use a washer and dryer BTW ) in europe on purpose . They dont want you to drive.

Cap and Trade will destroy jobs, and not go to where Agenda 21 wants it to go . Your electric bill will tripple, and who can afford that.

Something to think bout. Nobody can spend their way out of debt. It is impossible.

I hear Venezula is a great place to live. all the gas you want for nothing but a bottle of water will cost you 3.00 US that sounds cool

This is the model of Of our presidents economic plan - Illinois’s

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/business/economy/03illinois.html?_r=2&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

Model of Economic utopia

It has to stop.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/business/economy/03illinois.html?_r=2&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

Our Economic model

Benji, I think you might need a bit of a refresher on how the commenting system works on this site.

Also, Olbermann is no Beck. I think Olbermann is the mirror of O'Reilly.

Maybe more like Hannity? Olbermann tries to position his show similar to O'Reilly's, but as a personality he's more like Hannity.

O’Reilly is about O’Reilly and about how O’Reilly was right about whatever it was before it even existed. If the winds swung too hard against O’Reilly, O’Reilly would just change position so that O’Reilly could continue to be right about the things O’Reilly has always been right about, which O’Reilly told you would happen anyway, so there.

Hannity is about unfocused “Can you believe this? Everything is fucked up!” outrage, where absolutely everything is forced into a left/right position, then yelled at or about. Which from what I can gather, is essentially what Olbermann does. No intelligence or nuance, just eternal outrage from a stupid position on a fixed side that may or may not even be relevant to the topic at hand, fused with an eternal mocking of any and all opinions and positions from the other side, regardless of merit or worthiness of inclusion. Both are rigid, angry, dumb and condescending - both to the opposition and their own audience.

There is no equivalent to Beck, not in mainstream media anyway. I’m sure there are plenty of batshit crazy conspiracy loaded ignoramuses out there from the left who are posting largely ignored nonsensical, irrational fear and hate fuelled rants to a blog or youtube account or whatever, but as yet none have been given a national/international television or radio slot.

Beck is the trump card. I can understand someone of lesser intelligence buying into O'Reilly as some kind of voice of reason. I can understand people enjoying moments of Hannity/Olbermann outrage as dumbed down cheerleading for their own feelings or beliefs - even if they are smarter than that. We all know stupidity and entertainment, unfortunately, generally rule. But the rise of and faith in Glenn Beck as some kind of serious voice for anything, especially what is a very large movement that really does want to be taken seriously, is something else entirely. When coupled with Sarah Palin as serious Presidential candidate, that really says something. And I'm not sure why it's supposed to be respected in any way.

O’Reilly is about O’Reilly and about how O’Reilly was right about whatever it was before it even existed. If the winds swung too hard against O’Reilly, O’Reilly would just change position so that O’Reilly could continue to be right about the things O’Reilly has always been right about, which O’Reilly told you would happen anyway, so there.
See: position on Iraq War.

I only like O'Reilly when he's in discussion with reasonable people like Jon Stewart. It's O'Reilly at his most honest and least political because Stewart brings the best out in him. Stewart's funny, willing to call out both sides, and most of all, is great at detecting bullshit.

Benji, I think you might need a bit of a refresher on how the commenting system works on this site.

Yes, I work on that as I find them . Someone taught me photo's the other day. Was much appreciated

Maybe more like Hannity? Olbermann tries to position his show similar to O'Reilly's, but as a personality he's more like Hannity.

Hannity is about unfocused “Can you believe this? Everything is fucked up!” outrage, where absolutely everything is forced into a left/right position, then yelled at or about. Which from what I can gather, is essentially what Olbermann does. No intelligence or nuance, just eternal outrage from a stupid position on a fixed side that may or may not even be relevant to the topic at hand, fused with an eternal mocking of any and all opinions and positions from the other side, regardless of merit or worthiness of inclusion. Both are rigid, angry, dumb and condescending - both to the opposition and their own audience.

There is no equivalent to Beck, not in mainstream media anyway. I’m sure there are plenty of batshit crazy conspiracy loaded ignoramuses out there from the left who are posting largely ignored nonsensical, irrational fear and hate fuelled rants to a blog or youtube account or whatever, but as yet none have been given a national/international television or radio slot.

Beck is the trump card. I can understand someone of lesser intelligence buying into O'Reilly as some kind of voice of reason. I can understand people enjoying moments of Hannity/Olbermann outrage as dumbed down cheerleading for their own feelings or beliefs - even if they are smarter than that. We all know stupidity and entertainment, unfortunately, generally rule. But the rise of and faith in Glenn Beck as some kind of serious voice for anything, especially what is a very large movement that really does want to be taken seriously, is something else entirely. When coupled with Sarah Palin as serious Presidential candidate, that really says something. And I'm not sure why it's supposed to be respected in any way.

O'Reilly I like. He has calmed down a lot, and usually gives whoever a fair shot.Obama people will go on his show, and he gives them a fair shot. That's why they keep appearing. If he thinks it is BS he will say so . If someone says something like " Obama isn't doing anything to stop the oil spill" for instance, he will be the first to say " what do you want him to do? Go down there with a scuba tank? " Nothing wrong with calling them out either . They all do that.

Hannity, I don't like. Same theme over and over.

Beck. I do like . He could care less about party, he thinks they (Politicians) are corrupt. All of them with the exception of a couple, and even then, he feels if they stay long enough, they will be corrupt. He despises the coruption and says so. Nothing wrong with that.

personally, he has overcome a very serious, long life of Alcohol , and through that, has had a lot of personal growth . He is not such a big fan of the tea Party as many think, it is more about people becoming engaged in the process.

He believes in the spirit of America. Nothing wrong with that . he has spent a lot of time learning about the history , from all sides. That's a good thing .

One thing though. He has a sharpe team working for him. When he puts things together, they know what they are talking about. He does it with their own words, on film. Hard to dispute someone on film saying something, then claiming they didn't. I can't think of anybody who does that any more.

He has the whole story, but if you notice, he stopped and switched to restoration . he could blow this out of the water at any point, but doesn't see that as a solution .... yet.

What he is doing in Washington on 8/28 will have millions of people ( CNN will say 3 people) and it is all for the wounded warriors project.

I was kind of surprised that Ellen Degeneres donated VIP tickets to her show and a personal meet and great with her to the 8/28 rally. , but good for her !

I saw Glenn and Bill on the "bold fresh tour" and it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen . Right up there with George Carlin.

Both of them donate money to many many charities. Bill gives every dime from things he sells on his website, including his book . 100 %

Beck though, scares the heck out of the Politicians . He kNOWS where this is going. They watch his show like hawks, but use the Huffington post to attack him. I have said this before, if he is wrong, why don't they call him? They can at any point.

Van Jones, was gone from the WH in 4 weeks, all because of tapes of his speaches that he made. A convicted felon can't even to to the WH tour let alone, work there.

He has the whole story, on film, documents etc . maybe he will use it, but he would rather see the people engaged ,as that is his answer to stop the madness.

I cannot fathom why they are so frightened of him, except they know he knows.

Regardless, these people are just people on TV and radio. nothing more, nothing less. They just have a lot of viewers and listeners. He is not a big fan of Rush either, but respects him for his longevity and rather large audience. It is TV and radio, which is about ratings. That doesn't make him wrong though. To his credit, whever he has been wrong, he immediately says so. that is refreshing .

Anyone that has his ratings at 5:00 pm EST ( 2:00 pM on west coast) he is talking about things they want to know about.

Take ACORN for example. were they really trying to help peple or were they using them? If they were using them, then it was a good thing he did, to expose them.

God forbide someone has their own thoughts . Thats Un- American right?

Would those be the same "actual" journalists that tried to bury or ignore stories about Rev Wright, John Edward's lovechild, the radical Islamic history of the Ft Hood shooter, the ACORN scandal, Climategate, the success of the surge in Iraq, and many more?

In fact, if you only get your news from The NY Times or NBC News you may still think Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder rather than a case of Sudden Jihad Fever.

Sooo true !

can you name the left-wing equivalents of Palin, Beck, and Rush?

No, but many wannabes. Rosie comes to mnd. That Behar also, but they do it, and what they say never seems "natural". It is almost like they are trying to be like them.

Question.... Should the far left be GIVEN airwaves to be like them, or should they build an audience and become the left wing base that will lsten and Tivo them?

Rosie,who is a neighbor to me, always seems po about everything , but I understand she has some personall "issues". Down here though she is always yelling at everyone. Store clerks, restaurant people etc. I mean hardcore ANGRY .

Not putting her down. I used to like her, but something has changed. Behar tries tobe something else other than herself I guess, dont know her) Hher show comes off as contrived, and quite frankly it is easier to read Huff post, and get the same things word for word that she says on her show.

Bad staff maybe? I don't know.

But the far left could have their Beck if there was a real one, instead of people trying to copy.

That Wanda sykes( is that her name ) is awful. The above hate . Beck doesn't promote hate, quite the opposite.

I think Rachel Madow could, and is smart enough to be it, but again, she falls into the script of others too often. It comes off as contrived sometimes.

Oberman needs to go back to sports.

Wait I can think of one. Juan Williams I like him, but he is not far left. he does a great job.

Beck. I do like . He could care less about party, he thinks they (Politicians) are corrupt. All of them with the exception of a couple, and even then, he feels if they stay long enough, they will be corrupt. He despises the coruption and says so. Nothing wrong with that.

personally, he has overcome a very serious, long life of Alcohol , and through that, has had a lot of personal growth . He is not such a big fan of the tea Party as many think, it is more about people becoming engaged in the process.

He believes in the spirit of America. Nothing wrong with that . he has spent a lot of time learning about the history , from all sides. That's a good thing .

One thing though. He has a sharpe team working for him. When he puts things together, they know what they are talking about. He does it with their own words, on film. Hard to dispute someone on film saying something, then claiming they didn't. I can't think of anybody who does that any more.

He has the whole story, but if you notice, he stopped and switched to restoration . he could blow this out of the water at any point, but doesn't see that as a solution .... yet.

What he is doing in Washington on 8/28 will have millions of people ( CNN will say 3 people) and it is all for the wounded warriors project.

Beck though, scares the heck out of the Politicians . He kNOWS where this is going. They watch his show like hawks, but use the Huffington post to attack him. I have said this before, if he is wrong, why don't they call him? They can at any point.

Van Jones, was gone from the WH in 4 weeks, all because of tapes of his speaches that he made. A convicted felon can't even to to the WH tour let alone, work there.

He has the whole story, on film, documents etc . maybe he will use it, but he would rather see the people engaged ,as that is his answer to stop the madness.

I cannot fathom why they are so frightened of him, except they know he knows.

God forbide someone has their own thoughts . Thats Un- American right?
There's so much bullshit in this post, I don't know what to say. Everything you said about Glenn Beck is wrong, though, know that.

There's so much bullshit in this post, I don't know what to say. Everything you said about Glenn Beck is wrong, though, know that.

That's your OPINION , which I respect.

so what happened to Van Jones? Anita Dunn? they were fine until he started showing , in their own words, what they were about.

Why is Maurice Strong stuck in China ? It is not because of his aunt. Why didn't he go to Coppenhagen? He wrote all this in the first place. Had nothing to do with film of his own words did it?

How do you know everything in that post is wrong about Glenn Beck ?

The Ellen thing?

Do you know Glenn Beck?

Tell me what I said that was wrong instead of just having that Beck reflex of YOU saying it is wrong.

" I don't know what to say" Obviously but try .

Discuss... Wrong bombs doesn't mean it is wrong

Benj and Glenn have a lot in common.

p101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves

Doesnt work with me. I have said that 100 times , so contact headquarters and find something new to use.

p101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves

Doesnt work with me. I have said that 100 times , so contact headquarters and find something new to use.

You mean you haven't been called out on flat out lying?

You came in here and thought you could pull a Glenn Beck, lie through your teeth and hope no one does a fact check.

Well, fortunately for Beck and unfortunately for the country his audience doesn't bother fact checking.

But if you thought you could post in here and the same thing would happen then you're sadly mistaken.

Beck doesn't promote hate? That's news to me.

I only like O'Reilly when he's in discussion with reasonable people like Jon Stewart. It's O'Reilly at his most honest and least political because Stewart brings the best out in him. Stewart's funny, willing to call out both sides, and most of all, is great at detecting bullshit.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. I also like those moments because he loses a lot of the TV bluster that he has to have to help boost ratings, and actually seems like a civil guy who I could genuinely have a good debate with. I'd be willing to bet that a few of the commentators are like that off their shows-I hope so. It does suck that people feel the need to overexaggerate themselves like that for ratings, but such is the current news media, I guess.

Angela

Video: Glenn Beck Airs Israeli Raid Footage | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Let's just blatantly lie about things because the majority of my viewers aren't going to find out that I lied!

First he acknowledge that he was'nt sitting in front of a Television , so he gave credit for those that aired it the next day. He will always start with any corrections

So that is your basis that he lies? weak man very weak.

He lied about who showed it? Ever consider that his show is not always live and often recorded at 12:00 pm. ?

verything he says is a lie based on John Stewart or how much television , and how many stations he watches when he does?

That is sooooo weak of an argument . If that is all you have, there is great hope .

MSNBC just corrected the man with the machine gun, alledgedly a white extremist, saying that cropping the shot was an oversight . It was a black guy, but couldnt show that. Never heard of a black white extremist.

They corrected it after a year.

so everything they say is a lie? That one with MSNBC was clearly one.

surely you have something better than that, or can come up with it.

You mean you haven't been called out on flat out lying?

You came in here and thought you could pull a Glenn Beck, lie through your teeth and hope no one does a fact check.

Well, fortunately for Beck and unfortunately for the country his audience doesn't bother fact checking.

But if you thought you could post in here and the same thing would happen then you're sadly mistaken.

your still using the party line . Again P-101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves.

Becks audience doesnt fact check? Really? You would be wrong to assume that. In fact, he often says, look for yourself. They do.

Every book he mentions as a point of possible information, shoots up the amazon list overnight. why? Just so they can buy the books? . They read them, and as he always says, invites them to come to their own conclusion.

Horrible

surely you have something better than that, or can come up with it.
Certainly. How about how he used to heavily criticize the health care system until a) he went to Fox and b) Obama took a stance on reforming it? Or how he promotes the "patriotism" of protesters that he agrees with but calls those protesting against his view insane or hateful? Or how he promotes gold on his show without mentioning the fact that he's a paid spokesman for a company that sells gold?

I could go all day. Glenn Beck is scum, and there's way too much evidence you're ignoring for me to let you off this easy.

your still using the party line . Again P-101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves.

Becks audience doesnt fact check? Really? You would be wrong to assume that. In fact, he often says, look for yourself. They do.

Every book he mentions as a point of possible information, shoots up the amazon list overnight. why? Just so they can buy the books? . They read them, and as he always says, invites them to come to their own conclusion.

Horrible

No party line, sorry... And no, I'm not talking about myself, I'm not going to lie about someone making an announcement they didn't make, and my dictionary knows the difference between idealist and idealouge. But nice try.

I listen to his show all the time, trust me his callers don't fact check shit.

The books he promotes are usually revisionist history books full of lies themselves.

Certainly. How about how he used to heavily criticize the health care system until a) he went to Fox and b) Obama took a stance on reforming it? Or how he promotes the "patriotism" of protesters that he agrees with but calls those protesting against his view insane or hateful? Or how he promotes gold on his show without mentioning the fact that he's a paid spokesman for a company that sells gold?

I could go all day. Glenn Beck is scum, and there's way too much evidence you're ignoring for me to let you off this easy.

"Or how he promotes the "patriotism" of protesters that he agrees with but calls those protesting against his view insane or hateful?" proof?

He doesn't promote any party . He calls G20 protestors who throw rocks through windows , and climb through sewars misguided . In't beating people up and throwing rocks, and hurting people hatefull anyway ?

Never seen a Tea party where people beat people up, except ST Louis where a white Union guy beat up a black man in wheelchair.Isn't that violence and hatred, and racist? NEVER 1 arrest at a tea party, including the union guy .

Goldline? " My sponsor this hour is Goldline " HELLO? Goldline sponsors on MSNBC also .

Did you get that Weiner? Weiner tell you that? Does weiner tell you he gets his info from media matters ? Lets check Weiner facts in spite of the fact he has slithered away.

Weiner is now ticked that the 4 dollar yankee tickets have a higher % of mark up than the 100.00 tickets. DUH ! 4 dollar yankee tickets? nothing in NYC cost 4 dollars, especially a Yankees game. But they sell them so people with less money can go . That is OUTRAGEOUS !!!!!!!

http://www.weinerfacts.com/weiner/ your congressman at work... kinda

If that is all you can toss, and it is VERY weak, there is Hope.

please show me the number of people arrested at a tea Party function if that is what you are reffering to.

He does not promote the Tea party. He talks about them but doesnt promote them. Only thing he does in 9-12

You have to have something more than that

Hearing Beck state that he believes Obama has "a deep-seeded hatred of white people" should be enough for anyone to stop taking him even remotely seriously. That has to be one of the highlights of his bizarre quotes and theories.

Never read any of his books, so can't comment there.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom