Sarah Palin, continued. - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Funny. Most "female activists" I know are pro reproductive rights.
But they're not embracing their femininity and what it really means to be a woman.

You're just jealous cause you're not a mama grizzly

Old 05-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:23 PM
Yeah, I'm going to be a feminist and fight for things that take away rights from women! That's the new meaning of the word, right?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

CBS News

Updated 11:10 a.m. Eastern

Sarah Palin said this morning that she understands why a woman "would be tempted" to have an abortion because of her experience with her son Trig.

Speaking at the Susan B. Anthony List Celebration of Life breakfast, Palin said that when she learned during her pregnancy that Trig would be born with Down syndrome, she "had no idea how I was going to handle the situation of raising a special needs child."

She said she was struck by "not knowing if my heart was ready, not knowing if I was patient and nurturing enough."

While she had previously believed that "God will never give me something I cannot handle," she said, she was left thinking, "I don't think I can handle this. This wasn't part of my life's plan."

As a busy mother who already had four kids and who was serving as Alaska governor, she said, she wondered how she would handle raising the child. She thought perhaps her sister, who has a child with autism, would have been better equipped to raise him.

Palin said the experience helped her understand how a woman would consider having an abortion, "because I've been there."

Yet once Trig was born, Palin said, she understood that "God does know what he's doing."

"And what seemed like it would be such a challenge has turned into our greatest blessing," Palin said, telling her audience he was "the best thing to ever happen" to her and her family.

Palin stressed she had always been strongly "pro-life," and had never actively considered abortion.

But she said that her experience as well as the experience of her daughter Bristol, who she said suffered "public humiliation" when she became pregnant at 17 years old, "changed my perspective on that situation."

"Our experience gave me empathy for those finding themselves in less than ideal circumstances," she said.

In the end, she said, she has "strengthened my support for choosing life," adding that it "may not be easiest, but it's the right path."

Palin's audience was the Susan B. Anthony List, which is focused on helping candidates who oppose abortion rights win elections. Referencing the compromise that helped get the health care reform bill passed, she told the group that those who feel the same way won't forget that ostensibly anti-abortion rights Democrats "caved at the last minute in exchange for a non-binding resolution from the most pro-abortion president who ever occupied the White House."

Palin also compared mothers upset about the direction of the country to "mama Grizzlies" who "rear up when someone comes for their cubs."

She said there were many such women in the room, adding that you "don't want to mess with moms who are rising up."

"Moms kinda just know when something's wrong," she said. "It's that mothers' intuition thing I think."

Palin defended her endorsement of California Senate candidate Carly Fiorina, a decision some on the right have criticized. She said Fiorina is not a "Republican in name only," as some critics have claimed.

"If she is unabashedly pro-life and all those other conservative things that she stands for, than she is the real deal," Palin said, arguing that Fiorina had taken strong conservative stands despite running in "deep blue California."
Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Sarah Palin: 'We're All Arizonans Now'
the woman knows how to pick winning causes.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
the woman knows how to pick winning causes.

like John McCain? or even finishing a term?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

I don't feel like an Arizonan at all
Old 05-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I don't feel like an Arizonan at all

maybe she's really saying, "everyone's a little bit racist."
Old 05-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

is this the new male Palin?

YouTube - We are Better than That!!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

How about that Joe McGinness moving in next door to her, he's writing a book about her

That does seem stalkerish-you don't have to live next door to someone when you're doing that

Author Joe McGinness said there's nothing creepy about him renting a home next to Sarah Palin, who happens to be the subject of a book he is currently writing.

McGinness, who has written books about Ted Kennedy, several true crime cases and even one about exploring Alaska, said he had to move to Wasilla, Alaska, in order to interview people who have known the former vice presidential candidate. And the deal he got on a rental next to the Palin family, $1,500 a month for a six-bedroom home, was too good to pass up, McGinness said on NBC's "Today" show.

"The fact is, I would be living in this house if the Palins lived on the moon," McGinness told Matt Lauer. "I need to be in Wasilla to do my work."

Palin posted on Facebook last week that she wondered what McGinniss would gather "while overlooking Piper's bedroom, my little garden, and the family's swimming hole?"

McGinniss called Palin's comments "ugly innuendo" and "revolting."

The Palins raised the fence between the two houses to 14 feet.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #100
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:23 PM
Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Huffington Post

In her latest note on Facebook, Sarah Palin is blaming "extreme 'environmentalists'" for causing the gulf oil disaster that has been unfolding for over a month. Her logic is that because environmentalists push for tougher drilling regulations onshore in places like the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (also known as ANWR) it forces oil companies to explore deeper offshore drilling which has more risks.

Palin writes:

With [environmentalists'] nonsensical efforts to lock up safer drilling areas, all you're doing is outsourcing energy development, which makes us more controlled by foreign countries, less safe, and less prosperous on a dirtier planet. Your hypocrisy is showing. You're not preventing environmental hazards; you're outsourcing them and making drilling more dangerous.

Extreme deep water drilling is not the preferred choice to meet our country's energy needs, but your protests and lawsuits and lies about onshore and shallow water drilling have locked up safer areas. It's catching up with you. The tragic, unprecedented deep water Gulf oil spill proves it.

You can read her full note on Facebook here.

Sarah Palin: Extreme Enviros: Drill, Baby, Drill in ANWR – Now Do You Get It? | Facebook

This is one of several comments about the oil spill Palin has made that has caused a stir, including a tweet in which she said we said we shouldn't trust BP because it is a foreign oil company. Palin's husband Todd worked for BP for 18 years.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #102
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

"She" stole this almost word for word from Rush.

I'm convinced it's not her writing these rants...
Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Interesting theory, BVS. I try and avoid listening to Rush unless I absolutely have to via clip or something, but it would not surprise me in the least if you were right. It's silly of me to think Sarah would have an independent thought.

Quote:
This is a message to extreme “environmentalists” who hypocritically protest domestic energy production offshore and onshore.
Environmentalists don't want drilling here OR abroad onshore or offshore. You ever hear of things like solar and wind energy? So tell me again how stopping drilling altogether is hypocritical (this coming from the woman who freely admits to shooting animals from the safety of a helicopter. Yeah, Greenpeace and you are so tight, right, Sarah?)? And you ran in a party that gets tons of money from oil companies that drill overseas and domestically.

Dear sweet god, she really is an idiot...

Angela
Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #104
She's the One

She's still an idiot.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
She's still an idiot.

stop making fun of little Trigg!