Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how many left-wing terrorists have shot people up or blown them up in the US and/or, say, Norway, in the past 3 decades?

how many right-wing terrorists have done the same?

Hmmm. Well, if we look at the last 70 years or so, most terrorist attacks in Europe, particularly the more deadly ones, are the work of extreme leftists. Action Directe, Red Army Faction, Baader-Meinhof, INLA/IRA etc, the various Greek anarchist groups - the list is practically endless.

^

Terrorism in the United States (1980-present) - Wikipedia

Nominally that list goes back as far as the 1800s, but it's not as complete for earlier decades (e.g., solid figures for KKK murders are unavailable since most were never recorded as such, though for example Tuskegee U which is probably the most reliable source has estimated about 200 during the Civil Rights Era, 1955-1968). But it gives you some idea of the scope of terrorism here.

I really hope no one will be asinine enough to excerpt some particular murder from it and try turning it into the punchline of a partisan joke...

Last edited:
Yes, the US is a different kettle of fish. I have made the point on here previously, before the Norway shootings, that in Europe terrorism is largely an activity of the far left, whereas in the US it principally emanates from the far right - precisely because of the differing natures of the two societies. At least, that is my theory.

And I think you meant "endears her to conservatives"

:wink: Good catch, a vestige of my Okie accent I'm afraid.

It's a telling reflection of lowered expectations when our politicians, who are all mature adults decades removed from puberty, are encouraged and applauded for dishing out grade-school level insults.

Seriously, this is the level of discourse we want from a potential leader of the free world?

Of course Sarah is responding to two years of ad hominem attacks against the Tea Party such as "teabaggers," "racists," and now "terrorists" and "hostage takers." Not really mature political dialog in itself now is it?

Potential leader of the free world like Joe Biden who reportedly said, "They have acted like terrorists" about the GOP?

Or how about the current leader of the free world:
“The debt ceiling should not be something that is used as a gun against the heads of the American people...”
July 6

Any worries about that level of discourse?

stop with the 1970s Black Power caricatures and The Weathermen (note: Obama was a kid playing basketball in Honolulu in the 1970s).

note: Barack Obama launched his political career in the home of Bill Ayers. The Chicago Annenberg Challenge is an interesting goggle as is Audacity of Hope and Free Gaza Flotilla. But 60's radicals are so common place in academia and liberal causes it's hardly worth bothering about anymore.

Potential leader of the free world like Joe Biden who reportedly said, "They have acted like terrorists" about the GOP?

How OUTRAGEOUS.

"I think some of our members may have thought the default issue was a hostage you might take a chance at shooting. Most of us didn't think that. What we did learn is this—it's a hostage that's worth ransoming. And it focuses the Congress on something that must be done."

—Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), quoted by the Washington Post, on the debt ceiling negotiations.

She made a speech in Iowa over Labor Day weekend in which she said "now usually I say polls (poles, haha) are for strippers and skiing". It was on CNN so maybe she was playing it up for the cameras, or maybe she makes that funny all the time.

She was in NH yesterday and I think I saw her bus on the other side of the highway. It was all red white and blue, could have been the Tea Party Express too. I was going to go but my Obama is the antiChrist t-shirt was in the laundry basket.

Back
Top Bottom