Sarah Palin, continued. - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #526
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Maybe Kate Gosselin can be her running mate in 2012?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #527
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Maybe Kate Gosselin can be her running mate in 2012?
NO!!! I was promised Michelle Bachmann would be her running mate. I want that woman out of my state.

Oh wait, she's never here anyway. (And when she is, she ain't in her district.)

Old 12-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #528
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Despite the fact she's rarely there, I'm really sorry you have to put up with her at any point and time, Mark.

So PETA attacked Palin-it was only a matter of time. I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Next week, in Episode Five, Sarah goes out in the wild once again, this time it’s a camping trip with fellow TLC reality star Kate Gosselin and her eight children.
...christ, are you kidding me?

Angela
Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Someone needs to keep the Palin girls off Facebook -- this time it's Bristol posting an open letter to her "Dancing With the Stars" co-star Margaret Cho ... and making a gay "joke" at Margaret's expense.

In Bristol's new post, which she wrote last night, she made her point in a few decently-worded paragraphs, but then decided to end things by saying that if Margaret understood conservative politics better, she "would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."

Somehow I don't think she would. And I didn't laugh
Old 12-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
In Bristol's new post, which she wrote last night, she made her point in a few decently-worded paragraphs, but then decided to end things by saying that if Margaret understood conservative politics better, she "would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
Indigo Girls comment aside (and as someone pointed out on TV the other night, really, those are the best references you can think of? Way to be up to date in your pop culture, dear), I'm confused by the rest of the statement as well. What exactly is it about conservative politics that would endear Margaret to begin with? And how does a jab at Sarah and Bristol equate to Margaret not understanding conservative politics very well?

The Palin family really could do well to learn the art of being better than their critics by not engaging in silly back-and-forth arguments with them. If somebody says something untrue or stupid about them, just ignore them. Not everything has to be a battle.

Angela
Old 12-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #531
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
The Palin family really could do well to learn the art of being better than their critics by not engaging in silly back-and-forth arguments with them. If somebody says something untrue or stupid about them, just ignore them. Not everything has to be a battle.

Angela
Very true.

But, when you look at everything through crosshairs, everything looks like a battle.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #532
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
Very true.

But, when you look at everything through crosshairs, everything looks like a battle.
Well put.

Regarding Sarah's wonderful "reality" show, I simply can't imagine anybody seriously considering a presidential run thinking it would be a good idea to team up with someone like Kate Gosselin for a reality show episode. Part of me thinks Sarah actually doesn't have any intention of running for president, but simply wants to extend her 15 minutes of fame for as long as humanly possible.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #533
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:50 AM
I think she's in a bit of a bind actually. I'm sure she absolutely thinks of her self as a future candidate/president. You know she calls herself 'President Palin' in the mirror every morning. And you know that in certain moments she gets Todd to (NEVER MIND). And all of the momentum behind her is based, essentially, on the understanding that she will run at some point.

But surely, surely, given that the 2012 decision would need to be firmly made around now, she would have advice from everywhere giving her a dose of reality: Getting out of the primaries will be extremely difficult, and even if she gets that far, hatred for her aside, for any Republican, while you could never ever predict conditions two years in advance, it would actually not take too much for Obama to steady the ship and be in a pretty commanding position. All other things remaining the same (no major disasters, no major successes), and just a few key economic indicators swinging his way (e.g. unemployment) and it will be very tough for ANY Republican to beat him, especially one so divisive.

SO given that, you might say, what has she got to lose by giving it a punt? Well, a fortune, basically. If she gives it a go and gets hammered out of there early in the primaries, or discredited and defeated heavily by Obama, the brand is worth so much less. But then if she sits it out - what does that say about her? Can she keep the momentum till 2016? Maybe either way, this is her golden earning window right now, and she's kind of got to give 2012 a shot and hope that if she gets knocked out and another Republican goes on to fail against Obama she's still in a similar rogue/realamericansgrassrootschampion position - and can still earn great coin off it.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #534
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
I think she's in a bit of a bind actually. I'm sure she absolutely thinks of her self as a future candidate/president. You know she calls herself 'President Palin' in the mirror every morning. And you know that in certain moments she gets Todd to (NEVER MIND). And all of the momentum behind her is based, essentially, on the understanding that she will run at some point.

But surely, surely, given that the 2012 decision would need to be firmly made around now, she would have advice from everywhere giving her a dose of reality: Getting out of the primaries will be extremely difficult, and even if she gets that far, hatred for her aside, for any Republican, while you could never ever predict conditions two years in advance, it would actually not take too much for Obama to steady the ship and be in a pretty commanding position. All other things remaining the same (no major disasters, no major successes), and just a few key economic indicators swinging his way (e.g. unemployment) and it will be very tough for ANY Republican to beat him, especially one so divisive.

SO given that, you might say, what has she got to lose by giving it a punt? Well, a fortune, basically. If she gives it a go and gets hammered out of there early in the primaries, or discredited and defeated heavily by Obama, the brand is worth so much less. But then if she sits it out - what does that say about her? Can she keep the momentum till 2016? Maybe either way, this is her golden earning window right now, and she's kind of got to give 2012 a shot and hope that if she gets knocked out and another Republican goes on to fail against Obama she's still in a similar rogue/realamericansgrassrootschampion position - and can still earn great coin off it.
I think you are right on with that assessment.

I believe Romney is still the 2012 frontrunner for the GOP, but because of our wacky primary system, Palin's chances come down directly to the organizing of the Tea Party in Iowa, NH, and South Carolina (assuming she remains the Tea Party favorite until then).
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #535
Blue Crack Distributor

YouTube - Unscripted: Tracy Morgan Calls Sarah Palin 'Serious Masturbation Material' - Heat vs Knicks Pre-Game
Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #536
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Ronald View Post
thankfully it's the open minded progressives (liberals) posting these comments

otherwise i'd think these remarks both sexist and racist...but i know it's just another link in the long chain of diversity of ideas
The Republican Party has somehow wound up having two of its most visible female representatives (Palin and Bachman) being babbling idiots, who spew talking points and don't seem to be giving their constituents any credit in the IQ department whatsoever.

If I were female, I'd find that more insulting than the fact that people mock them.

There are plenty of right-leaning, smart women out there. Palin and Bachman are not smart.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #537
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
The Republican Party has somehow wound up having two of its most visible female representatives (Palin and Bachman) being babbling idiots, who spew talking points and don't seem to be giving their constituents any credit in the IQ department whatsoever.

If I were female, I'd find that more insulting than the fact that people mock them.

There are plenty of right-leaning, smart women out there. Palin and Bachman are not smart.
They couldn't get rid of Christine Todd Whitman fast enough.

Watch for State Sen. Amy Koch (no relation to the influential Koch family I believe) of Minnesota to rise, if she can get Bachmann out of her way.
Amy Koch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #538
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Old 01-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #539
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I can't believe there are people who think Tracy Morgan is ever funny.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #540
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Or who think Sarah Palin would make a good (vice-)president. :tryingtostayontopic: