Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #481
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Are you kidding?
I haven't seen it myself (since that would require me to read about DWTS and/or sites where Palin supporters would be posting), but have seen mentions about it.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #482
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Oh I know, I was just around...

But yeah there are folks that are convinced that we somehow care about why Bristol is still on DWTS. They are the same crowd that thinks anytime someone pokes fun of Palin that it really means we're scared of her... It's this backwards logic that makes the whole tea party thing entertaining.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Bristol Palin Apologizes For Facebook Drama -

Quote:
"Willow and I shouldn't have reacted to negative comments about our family. We apologize," read a message posted on her page Wednesday.
"On a nicer note, thank you for supporting the great competition in 'Dancing With the Stars.' "
Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #484
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, darling girls, guess what? People weren't outraged about you reacting to negative comments.

People were outraged because you thought it was okay to react to negative comments by calling someone "gay" and "faggot."
Old 11-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
if the former half-term governor of Alaska somehow wins the GOP nomination & (God forbid) the 2012 election, we're all fucked.
Yes we are

There are bizarre portions of her upcoming book (perfect holiday gift!!) leaking. Talking about American Idol and Bristol being a better role model than Murphy Brown.

I just don't get it

I'd vote for Trump over her any day and I can't stand Trump
Old 11-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

The "vulgarity" of DWTS, well that's rather extreme. It can get pretty raunchy sometimes, and Bristol has been raunchy in spite of her statements that she wouldn't do that and that she would dress conservatively too. She doesn't show cleavage or belly, that's true. That "Mamma told me not to come" was, um, interesting. I must admit it made me laugh.

Why Sarah Palin Shouldn't Run - Mona Charen - Townhall Conservative

By telling Barbara Walters that she thinks she can defeat President Obama, Sarah Palin has dimmed hopes cherished by sensible Republicans that she might decide against a run for the White House in 2012. Here are just some of the reasons she should not run.

The Republican nominee should be someone with vast and impressive experience in government and the private sector -- and a proven record. Voters chose a novice with plenty of star power in 2008 and will be inclined to swing strongly in the other direction in 2012. Americans will be looking for sober competence, managerial skill, and maturity, not sizzle and flash.

After the 2008 campaign revealed her weaknesses on substance, Palin was advised by those who admire her natural gifts to bone up on policy and devote herself to governing Alaska successfully. Instead, she quit her job as governor after two and a half years, published a book (another is due next week), and seemed to chase money and empty celebrity. Now, rather than being able to highlight the accomplishments of Sarah Palin's Alaska, we get "Sarah Palin's Alaska," another cheesy entrant in the reality show genre. She'd so much rather be out dog sledding than in some "dull political office," she tells the audience. File that.

She is wildly popular with a swath of the Republican electorate, it's true. And, as a conservative woman politician told me, the consultants (who get paid the big bucks win or lose) will doubtless descend upon her with game plans showing how she can win in Iowa and then cruise to the nomination. Maybe. But the general election would be a problem, since 53 percent of independent voters view Palin unfavorably, according to a recent Gallup poll, along with 81 percent of Democrats.

There is no denying that Sarah Palin has been harshly, sometimes even brutally treated by the press and the news/entertainment gaggle. But any prominent Republican must expect some of that and be able to transcend it. She compares herself to Reagan. But Reagan didn't mud wrestle with the press. Palin seems consumed and obsessed by it, as her rapid Twitter finger attests, and thus encourages the sniping. She should be presiding over meetings on oil and gas leases in the North Slope, or devising alternatives to Obamacare. Every public spat with Dave Letterman or Politico, or the "lamestream media," or God help us, Levi Johnston, diminishes her.

Speaking of television, sorry, this must be mentioned. Have you watched "Dancing With the Stars"? Cheesy would be several steps up for this one. Perhaps the former governor should not be blamed for the decisions of her adult daughter. Yet there in the audience we see Sarah and Todd Palin, mugging for the camera and cheering on their unwed-mother daughter as she bumps and grinds to the tune of "Mamma Told Me (Not to Come)." Her parents had advised her, the 20-year-old Bristol told an interviewer, that she had to stay "in character" if she expected to win. Being "in character" apparently meant descending to the vulgarity that "DWTS" peddles on a weekly basis. The momma grizzly was apparently unfazed by -- or, equally disturbing, unaware of -- the indignity. And this is supposed to be a conservative culture warrior?

Judgment, above all, is what voters prize in a presidential candidate. Some of Sarah Palin's 2010 endorsements were sound and arguably helpful. Others betrayed flightiness and recklessness. Tom Tancredo, Palin's choice for governor of Colorado, has ridden his anti-immigration hobbyhorse in a style perfectly suited to alienate Hispanic voters (describing Miami, for example, as a "Third World" city). The endorsement of Christine O'Donnell was irresponsible and damaging, losing a seat that would certainly have been a Republican pickup absent Palin's intrusion into the race. It goes without saying that O'Donnell received an absurdly disproportionate amount of ink and attention during the race (the liberal press naturally seizes upon any opportunity to make conservatives look kooky), but again, Palin should have anticipated that. Besides, this one cannot be laid at the feet of the biased media. O'Donnell was a thoroughly unqualified candidate.

Palin has many strengths. I admire her fortitude and her commitment to principle. Her capacity to connect with a crowd is something most politicians can only dream of. I will always remember her 2008 convention speech as a rollicking star turn. She would be terrific as a talk-show host -- the new Oprah.

But as a presidential candidate? Someone to convince critical independent voters that Republicans can govern successfully? Absolutely not.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #487
has a

I will go on-record here and say that I am not mocking Palin for her North Korea slip.
Honestly, I'm not.
I misspeak often, which is why I prefer to write.

She's still an annoying moron, but I'm not counting that one against her.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

I'm much more offended by her simply thinking this is a "What's Obama going to do to fix it?" issue, that simply will come down to a black-and-white partisan politics.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #489
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I'm much more offended by her simply thinking this is a "What's Obama going to do to fix it?" issue, that simply will come down to a black-and-white partisan politics.
Yup, Obama is no W.

Bush would have invaded Burma by now over this North Korea situation.
He had cajones.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #490
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

If Palin was president it sounds like we would already have been in two new additional wars...
Old 12-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

She'll be very happy about this. They should do a show together-that would be all kinds of awesome. I'm sure the congratulatory tweet is coming.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger will debut a new, three-hour daily radio show on Sirius XM in January, according to an Associated Press report.

In the wake of her N-word rant earlier this year, Schlessinger announced she would sign off from her current radio show on December 31. At the time, she claimed the move was designed to "regain [her] First Amendment rights."

The AP report, which appears to have been published prematurely, says Schlessinger will begin on Sirius XM on January 3, just three days after signing off from terrestrial radio.

Schlessinger ignited controversy in August after using the N-word eleven times in five minutes with a black female caller. Following a firestorm, and an apology, Schlessinger announced on "Larry King Live" that she would end her radio show, citing a desire to free herself from concerns about affiliate radio stations and sponsors.

Much like Howard Stern before her, Schlessinger says that freedom of speech is what drew her to satellite radio.

"The first and most important thing that appealed to me was the freedom to speak my mind without advertisers and affiliates being attacked by activist groups that just love to censor anything they don't agree with," she told the Associated Press. "That just about made my heart and head explode."

The terms of Schlessinger's multi-year Sirius XM deal were not disclosed.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

OMG, if this is true..

How did Bristol Palin end up on 'Dancing With the Stars'? Sarah once said that the show's producers' first choice was Todd but they took Bristol instead--and now Bristol's fellow contestant Margaret Cho says Sarah forced her daughter to do the show as payback for her ill-timed pregnancy.

Margaret writes on her blog:

I heard from someone who really should know (really should seriously know the dirt really really) that the only reason Bristol was on the show was because Sarah Palin forced her to do it. Sarah supposedly blames Bristol harshly and openly (in the circles that I heard it from) for not winning the election, and so she told Bristol she "owed" it to her to do DWTS so that "America would fall in love with her again" and make it possible for Sarah Palin to run in 2012 with America behind her all the way. Instead of being supposedly "handicapped" by the presence of her teen mom daughter, now Bristol is going to be an "asset" - a celebrity beloved for her dancing. I am sure the show wasn't in on this (but who knows anything really).

Margaret goes on to criticize people for making fun of Bristol's weight and praise Bristol's dance moves. Read her whole post here.

Pistol Whipped � Margaret Cho

'Dancing' producers are reportedly trying once again to get Todd Palin to sign on for next season, which may coincide with the 2012 presidential campaign.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #493
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Sarah has definitely come off as very calculative over the past few years, most of which not in a very smart manner, but this seems to be a bit of a stretch... Who knows?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Well, there was that article from a few pages back about Sarah and how even her family are fed up with her manipulative ways, using them for political fodder and such. Judging from what I observed of the interaction between Sarah and Bristol on the show, though, I don't see it being that likely. Course, then again, Bristol often times looked like she didn't want to be there, like she wanted to just go home. Who knows?

If that is true, though, then it clearly backfired, 'cause Bristol didn't win and there's been a slight bit of backlash against her and Sarah and the Palin family in general. Bit of an overload of media saturation, and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
'Dancing' producers are reportedly trying once again to get Todd Palin to sign on for next season, which may coincide with the 2012 presidential campaign.
Please, please, no. No more Palins. No.

I heard a rumor Levi was considered, too. And my response to that is the same for the rumor of Todd. Does the phrase "go away" mean nothing to any of these people?

Angela
Old 12-06-2010, 03:31 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

So has anybody actually sat down and watched the show? Like it, don't like it?

Out of boredom and curiosity, I watched one and a half episodes of it tonight, and I gotta say I was entertained. I am (sometimes) easily entertained, though. I disagree with the large majority of her political stances but, hell, I noticed that it was on, didn't feel like watching the Steelers vs. Ravens, and checked it out.

1. She's almost surely running for President in 2012. Yeah, a lot of the show is staged, and it's basically a weekly hour long campaign advertisement for her run for the POTUS, but have we ever gotten such an extended, "inside" look at the family life of a high profile politician before? Not saying the quality of the show is great, but it's kinda groundbreaking, no? What's next, the Real Housewives of Supreme Court Justices? "Sarah Palin's Alaska" is a smart idea. Millions are watching and, even if a lot of what's happening on the show is bullshit, when Palin runs in 2012, the American public will probably be more familiar with Sarah Palin than they've ever been with a Presidential nominee. Yikes.

2. The episode tonight was Palin and her dad out hunting caribou. I find big game hunting to be pretty despicable, but that's a different story for a different day.

3. Willow Palin is cute and I'll probably ask her out on a date in three or four years.