Sarah Palin, continued. - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:25 AM
I still say it is a net positive for the GOP

she gets people FIRED UP AND READY TO GO

she certainly had a big impact this last election.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Nice. Um, not a good idea to be doing things like that on Facebook when your family is just so famous and successful. But like Sarah said during the campaign they have gay people in their family-so I guess that makes it ok? Those screengrabs affirm why I avoid Facebook-high school is looooooong over.

I agree FB is rather useless and seems to do more harm than good.

But to condemn a 16 year old kid for sticking up for her family is really silly for any even semi-legit media source.

anyways here is a link to more of the FB postings,

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...1116_palin.pdf

this stuff is really retarded, lame and gay!!!

Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #453
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
But to condemn a 16 year old kid for sticking up for her family is really silly for any even semi-legit media source.
Give me a break.

It's completely possible to stick up for your family without calling people "gay" and "faggot," which is what she's being rightly condemned for.

Total asshole move from Willow Palin.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #454
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Give me a break.

It's completely possible to stick up for your family without calling people "gay" and "faggot," which is what she's being rightly condemned for.

Total asshole move from Willow Palin.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #455
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I still say it is a net positive for the GOP

she gets people FIRED UP AND READY TO GO

she certainly had a big impact this last election.
Her daughter gets people fired up as well:

Wis. man accused of shooting TV over Palin dance - Yahoo! News
Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:25 AM
I second that thumbs up. And why is it necessary to start something like that and use that kind of slur just because someone says your parents' reality show is a fail? Looks like Willow has bought into the whole family stance that they are victims and the "haters" are out to get them. Sixteen is old enough to realize that not everyone is going to like your family and that you don't have to defend everything they do on Facebook.

Um SHE posted it online where everyone can see it. These people have an unbelievable way of twisting things. And SURE, that's the ONLY time it's considered a homophobic slur. Maybe in their world.

� GOProud on the Willow Palin “Controversy”

For Immediate Release
November 17, 2010
GOProud on the Willow Palin “Controversy”

Statement of Tammy Bruce – Chair of the GOProud Advisory Council

(Los Angeles, CA) – “Willow Palin is a 16 year old girl who, like all 16 year olds is going to make mistakes and say things she shouldn’t have. This, however, has nothing to do with Willow Palin or the substance of what she said on Facebook. The ‘slur’ used here is one you could hear on the streets of West Hollywood or Chelsea every day of the week. Apparently, it’s only a ‘homophobic slur’ when it comes from the daughter of a conservative female leader. Make no mistake; this is all about destroying Sarah Palin by any means necessary.

“The angry misogynistic left and their accomplices in the main stream media have been unable to take down Governor Palin – no matter how hard they have tried. Unable to take her down directly they now have decided to try to hurt her by attacking the most important thing in her life – her family.

“Any person, gay or straight, who participates in this cheap political smear should be ashamed of themselves.”
Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #457
Blue Crack Distributor

"Other people use it, so it's okay! Nyah!"

Give me just a small break.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #458
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
“The angry misogynistic left and their accomplices in the main stream media have been unable to take down Governor Palin – no matter how hard they have tried. Unable to take her down directly they now have decided to try to hurt her by attacking the most important thing in her life – her family.
She quit and turned her family into reality TV stars... no one had to "take her down".
Old 11-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #459
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:25 PM
GOProud, are they the ones who had Ann Coulter for a keynote speaker?

"Angry misogynist left," lol, back to that one again. What was it McCain said about Palin--"She is a direct counterpoint to the liberal feminist agenda for America; she has a wonderful family..."

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #460
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
"Angry misogynist left,"
My favorite anti-left slur came from, of all people, Scott Baio's wife, in their brief Twitter war against the website Jezebel, who dared talk about some of their questionable tweets.

They called Jezebel readers "lesbian shitasses." So awesome, many of the readers coined it for themselves, lesbian or not.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #461
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Maybe Willow should spend less time "defending her family" on Facebook and more time learning your vs you're. Just sayin.

I like this comment that I read online

"The idea that this is okay in "defending your family" is actually really creepy to me--especially from such a low-key observation (I would barely call it an insult.) It is kind of an exemplar of the Tea Party mentality of disproportionate, inappropriate, even violent response supposedly packaged in a "virtue" and "emotion" so it can't be criticized.

The scale is totally different, but my mom ran a campaign for school board a few times that was sharply critical of the district administration, and there were some pretty stupid and inflammatory responses. And if at age 12, I'd directed that word at someone who said my mom was a bitter hateful sneaking liar who believed her kids were better than anyone else's--well, I can't even imagine what my mom would have done, because it would never have happened because I knew that was inexcusable. But I have a feeling at the very least I'd be delivering both a verbal and written apology, and it certainly wouldn't get brushed off as okay because I was "standing up for" my mom. I'd have been told that if that was the best I could do, my mom didn't really care for me to stand up for her at all.

Of course, my mom actually has integrity and beliefs that aren't entirely about spinning and consolidating her personal power."
Old 11-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #462
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Palin shot herself in the foot, I think it's great that tea partiers think she's still viable because she's a celebrity. The longer they hold on to her the better chance this country has of the tea party completely disappearing...

Palin 2012!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #463
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Quote:
"The scale is totally different, but my mom ran a campaign for school board a few times that was sharply critical of the district administration, and there were some pretty stupid and inflammatory responses. And if at age 12, I'd directed that word at someone who said my mom was a bitter hateful sneaking liar who believed her kids were better than anyone else's--well, I can't even imagine what my mom would have done, because it would never have happened because I knew that was inexcusable. But I have a feeling at the very least I'd be delivering both a verbal and written apology, and it certainly wouldn't get brushed off as okay because I was "standing up for" my mom. I'd have been told that if that was the best I could do, my mom didn't really care for me to stand up for her at all."
To be fair--if that's the word--ten bucks says this person was age 12 before the days of teenaged Facebook flame wars. If you've read the extended version of Bristol and Willow Palin's exchanges with various "critics" (I confess, I have; it's been in far too many articles today), the bulk of the comments on both sides were depressingly full of vulgar, slur-laden, highly personalized, spiteful character attacks. "Your such a faggot" was only the tip of the iceberg. The double social life of many teenagers is nothing new, but the lingering paper trails sure are.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #464
War Child

Local Time: 06:25 AM
Y'know, I really think Palin stands a good chance of winning the nomination. Nobody is going to be able to get people out to vote in a primary the way that she will. She has an army of hyper-enthusiastic supporters. Who else can match that? Pence? Romney? Christie? In a primary, those guys will split their vote.

Obama must have some sort of angel on his shoulder.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #465
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU2 View Post
Y'know, I really think Palin stands a good chance of winning the nomination. Nobody is going to be able to get people out to vote in a primary the way that she will. She has an army of hyper-enthusiastic supporters. Who else can match that? Pence? Romney? Christie? In a primary, those guys will split their vote.

Obama must have some sort of angel on his shoulder.
See I don't agree, I think she now splits the base much more than people think, plus the strategists in the party know that she's going to turn independents off and they're going to want to run someone like Romney. The division will be beautiful... but my bet is she doesn't really run.