Sarah Palin, continued. - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #316
War Child

Local Time: 03:21 AM
The only thing that scares me about the Palins are their first names.

I mean- Who would name their children Bristol, Willow, and Tripp?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #317
She's the One

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

Tripp is one beautiful little boy

That baby is gorgeous. They'll be pimping him out soon.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #318
Refugee

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque - Yahoo! News

Quote:
Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

Sarah Palin, who waded into a New York political fight by endorsing Ann Marie Buerkle in NY-25, is drifting into a decidedly higher-charged battle: The fray over a planned mosque near Ground Zero.

"Peace-seeking Muslims, pls understand, Ground Zero mosque is UNNECESSARY provocation; it stabs hearts. Pls reject it in interest of healing," she tweeted Sunday.

The building’s planners, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, have said it’s modeled on religious and community centers such as the YMCA, and that the 13-story, $100 million building would also include an arts center, gym and a swimming pool, as well as a mosque. It would be two blocks away from Ground Zero.

The project, which has become an increasingly partisan issue in New York, received a renewed burst of national attention when CBS and NBC rejected an ad from the National Republican Trust PAC that crosscut footage of the 9/11 attacks with the sounds of Muslim prayer.

"On Sept. 11, they declared war against us," a narrator says. "And to celebrate that murder of 3,000 Americans, they want to build a monstrous 13-story mosque at ground zero."

While a recent poll showed a majority of New Yorkers oppose the plan to build the mosque built near Ground Zero, an aide in Mayor Michael Bloomberg's City Hall hit back at Palin, first tweeting “@SarahPalinUSA mind your business."

The aide, policy hand Andrea Batista Schlesinger, followed that up with:

"@SarahPalinUSA whose hearts? Racist hearts?"

Schlesinger deleted both tweets shortly after posting them.

"Andrea was only speaking for herself, and she has the right to her own opinions," said Bloomberg spokesman Stu Loeser.

Schlesinger posted threee new tweets Sunday evening, explaining why she wrote, and took down, her Palin response:

"Deleted post bc I regretted curt response. But fact is, I believe this city belongs to everyone - and no one more than another"

"Unlike @SarahPalinUSA, I was born here grew up here. Was showing off to a visitor today - look at how beautiful and diverse my city is."

"I felt pain of 9/11, the trauma. I got through it by believing in my city. Not through fear and hate."

Bloomberg has defended the plan for the mosque, arguing that blocking it would impinge on religious freedom, and he's denounced calls to look into the group's funding – led by Republican gubernatorial hopeful Rick Lazio in a bid to engage his rival, Democrat Andrew Cuomo — as "un-American."

Clarification: An earlier version of this story stated that Schlesinger deleted her tweets soon after a reporter called City Hall for comment. It was edited to clarify that no relationship between the two events was implied.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #319
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:21 AM
Only believe in the Constitution when it suits your needs...

Is this the new Tea Party slogan?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #320
Refugee

To be fair, there was a convent near Auschwitz that moved away out of respect to the jews. To me, it doesn't really matter if its a mosque, a church, or a synagouge. Just probably shouldn't be there.

Quote:
"On Sept. 11, they declared war against us," a narrator says. "And to celebrate that murder of 3,000 Americans, they want to build a monstrous 13-story mosque at ground zero."
But that reasoning is just total ignorant bullshit.

At any rate, its not up to me, Sarah Palin, or anyone else. It's up to those in NYC.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #321
Blue Crack Distributor

Sarah cares about NYC when it's ZOMG NINE ELEVEN, but any other times, they're east coast liberal elites with all their high-falutin' ... er ... ways of being.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #322
Refugee

Quote:
Sarah cares about NYC when it's ZOMG NINE ELEVEN, but any other times, they're east coast liberal elites with all their high-falutin' ... er ... ways of being.
Yeah, I find it really annoying when she sticks her nose in other peoples business and has to voice her opinion to everything, lol.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #323
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Quote:
They'll get all expenses paid for their wedding. She wants to wear a Carolina Herrera dress that she wore in Harper's Bazaar. This one in white. It's only $3500 so at least for a wedding dress these days it's not outrageous, but I'm sure she won't even have to pay for it.

Does Michelle Obama pay for her dresses?

Does Paris Hilton?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #324
Blue Crack Addict

did Paris pay for the hotel room in
"One Night in Paris" ?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
They'll get all expenses paid for their wedding. She wants to wear a Carolina Herrera dress that she wore in Harper's Bazaar. This one in white. It's only $3500 so at least for a wedding dress these days it's not outrageous, but I'm sure she won't even have to pay for it.

If she is wearing the wardrobe from her magazine shoot,
will Levi be doing the same?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Looks like she got this one, half-off

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/wp-cont...ss-300x400.jpg
Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post

Does Paris Hilton?
You're really into that aren't you? You already made that point once before.

people.com

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are, in fact, shopping around the idea of a reality show about their relationship — but the sticking point appears to be the level of commitment on the network side.

“They want a commitment for an entire series, but right now, there’s only been interest in testing this out as a pilot,” a source close to the couple tells PEOPLE, adding that negotiations are ongoing. “There aren’t a lot of options for them out there, and this is their best chance at making a decent amount of money.”

Palin, 19, and Johnston, 20 — parents of an 18-month-old son, Tripp — recently reconciled and are reportedly planning to marry after breaking off a previous engagement in March 2009. Johnston has also apologized to Bristol’s mother, GOP star Sarah Palin, for negative remarks he made about the Palin family after the breakup.

Sarah, 46, has yet to publicly give her blessing to the couple’s reunion. But one person who hopes that will happen is comedian Kathy Griffin — who famously befriended Johnston when they met at last year’s Teen Choice Awards, and visited him in Wasilla, Alaska, on her show, My Life on the D-List.

“I wish the best for them,” Griffin, 49, told PEOPLE at VH1′s Do Something Awards on Monday. “I’ve spent a lot of time with Levi. I don’t think he ever fell out of love with Bristol, and he’s expressed that many times. So, I hope that Sarah Palin does make peace with the situation, because he is the baby’s dad.”

Should Bristol and Levi get their reality show, and get back in Sarah’s good graces, she might be able to offer some tips: Palin’s own reality show, for TLC, has already started filming.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

wee-wee'd up? Wtf is that?

cbs.com

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin weighed in on Sunday on the controversy over a mosque planned near ground zero, but her remarks were met with a wave of criticism over her sentiment and her choice of words.

"Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate," Palin said via Twitter.

She subsequently deleted her "tweet" and published a new message, which did not include the made-up word "refudiate":

Old 07-21-2010, 01:03 AM   #329
Refugee

The fact that they are even considering building a mosque on or near the site of ground zero is totally absurd and just gives people like Palin more ammunition. Sometimes, and especially in this case, in makes me wonder if certain indivduals are indeed setting this up on purpose just to inflame the masses? That's how absurd it is.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 AM   #330
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
The fact that they are even considering building a mosque on or near the site of ground zero is totally absurd
I don't follow. Care to explain?