Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jon Stewart had a great segment on this on his show last night. He highlighted, among other things, the hypocrisy displayed by Hannity and his ilk on Fox News when it comes to anything Obama. Inviting Common is wrong, but apparently Ted Nugent is just fine.

Yeah, that was brilliant.

And by brilliant, I mean aggravating.

Yeah, they always seem to be chasing a boogeyman.

I always imagine these tea bag heroes like Hannity, Palin, Rush, etc all get together and have a weekly webinar where they choose the talking point of the week.

Rush: Well let's see no one believes he's really that close to Ayers, the Muslim thing didn't work, apparently people like that the first lady is for fitness, fuck you Trump for screwing up the birth certificate thing, even conservatives are falling for this science thing... does anyone have anything that will stick?

Beck: Um, yeah there's a black man coming to the White House next week to read poetry and he said some bad things in a poem once.

Hannity: Oh, that's good, that will scare our base.

A thinking conservative who would like to remain anonymous: Well actually if you read the last line you'll see that...

Hannity: Who's that? Don't be stupid, we'll just read the scary lines, you know our audience doesn't do any research on their own. They believe what we tell them.

Palin: This is good, everyone in agreeance?

Beck: Alright let's go scare some people.

Jon Stewart had a great segment on this on his show last night. He highlighted, among other things, the hypocrisy displayed by Hannity and his ilk on Fox News when it comes to anything Obama. Inviting Common is wrong, but apparently Ted Nugent is just fine.

Did someone mention The Motor City Madman ?? That was a hilarious segment by Jon Stewart no doubt.

But here's what baffles conservatives:

What is the deal with that segment of liberals that romanticizes revolutionary cop killers and murderous Marxists? Why would Common name his daughter after this woman? How in the hell are Mumia Abu-Jamal, "Tookie" Williams, Mao, Castro and Che chic and inspirational?

It may be "cool" in some liberal circles but it's also intellectually lazy.

But here's what baffles conservatives:

What is the deal with that segment of liberals that romanticizes revolutionary cop killers and murderous Marxists?
Most people I see with Che t-shirts are lazy college stoners working on that elusive Philosophy major that takes 5 or 6 years to finish.

51xpVuZZooL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Palin: If Tea Partiers Were Terrorists, Obama Would Pal With Us

Fmr. Gov. Sarah Palin responds to a report that Vice President Joe Biden said Republicans were "terrorists" during a closed-door meeting with Congressional Democrats about the debt compromise.

Palin says "enough is enough" and she's "not going to sit here and take it anymore" when it comes to the left accusing the Tea Party of racism.

"It's all talk and no real action. Otherwise he'd be on Biden and tell Biden to tone it down a little bit. Yeah, right, independent patriotic Americans who desire fiscal sanity in our beloved nation being called terrorists. Heck, Sean, if we were real domestic terrorists, shoot, President Obama would be wanting to pal around with us, wouldn’t he?" Palin said on FOX News.

Great line and the kind of stuff that endures conservatives to her.

Palin: If Tea Partiers Were Terrorists, Obama Would Pal Around With Us | RealClearPolitics

Conservatives are endured by ignorance?

I guess that's a sad fact of life :sad:

Even Ayers admits he Obama didn't really ever have much of a relationship, but I'm sure he has something to gain from admitting that, right?

But keep using that 3 year old talking point, it makes you look real informed :wink:

maycocksean said:
How is this a "great line"?

It's a telling reflection of lowered expectations when our politicians, who are all mature adults decades removed from puberty, are encouraged and applauded for dishing out grade-school level insults.

Seriously, this is the level of discourse we want from a potential leader of the free world?

Poor Sarah. She has no problem lobbing "gotcha lines" from Foxnews or Twitter/Facebook.....but the second someone mentions something that reflects her in a poor light, it's NOT FAIR!!! LEAVE THE PALINS ALONE!!!

I think everyone knows that it's those kind of lines that make up a large portion of her appeal to conservatives, and I wouldn't have thought a defender of her would want to point that out?

I think everyone knows that it's those kind of lines that make up a large portion of her appeal to conservatives, and I wouldn't have thought a defender of her would want to point that out?

I know! If I didn't know better I would have thought INDY was being sarcastic!

Great line and the kind of stuff that endures conservatives to her.

if this is true, then it underscores the sick, deep, pathological hatred of the president that motivates the Tea Partiers who actually care nothing about jobs or deficits.

Obama and "terrorists" is the biggest freaking lie out there, beyond his birth certificate (that turned out to be deadly embarrassing to you "conservatives.") it's irresponsible and wrong, and, yes, racist. stop with the 1970s Black Power caricatures and The Weathermen (note: Obama was a kid playing basketball in Honolulu in the 1970s). and please, get over the 1960s. you're still stuck on that. it's still vietnam-era fault lines, isn't it? love it or lea STOP SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT AMERICA WE'RE ALWAYS AWESOME AND RIGHT! WE DIDN'T LOSE VIETNAM IT WAS A TIE!

You gotta love TLC

ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Aug 2 (Reuters) - The Wasilla, Alaska, beauty salon credited with designing Sarah Palin's trademark "up-do" hairstyle will be the subject of its own reality television show, "Big Hair Alaska".

TLC, the same cable network that produced and aired "Sarah Palin's Alaska," has announced a two-part series about the Beehive, the salon that counts the former governor and onetime Republican vice presidential nominee as one of its devoted clients.

The identity of the salon was not revealed in a news release sent out last week by TLC. The release simply said the show "goes inside a busy hair salon in Wasilla, Alaska, where the personalities of the owner and her staff are as big as the hairstyles they create."

But the Beehive, owned by Palin fan Jessica Steele, issued a Facebook post confirming that it was the subject of the TLC show.

"TLC just announced their fall lineup, and we are on it!!!! Our show is called Big Hair Alaska!!!! Omg!!! It's really happening!!!! " said the message, posted on Monday.

Steele was not immediately available on Tuesday for comment. However, there is already a new Facebook page called "Big Hair Alaska."

how many left-wing terrorists have shot people up or blown them up in the US and/or, say, Norway, in the past 3 decades?

how many right-wing terrorists have done the same?

When something like this becomes the quintessential American standoff, we're really scraping rock bottom aren't we?

Back
Top Bottom