Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #241
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
You have to have something more than that
There's plenty, for example: what Moonlit Angel said. But I see you conveniently ignored my point about health care, which is one example of how he's a shill for the GOP.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #242
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Hearing Beck state that he believes Obama has "a deep-seeded hatred of white people" should be enough for anyone to stop taking him even remotely seriously. That has to be one of the highlights of his bizarre quotes and theories.

Never read any of his books, so can't comment there.

Angela
Context. He is speaking about the people he surrounded himself with in his " formative years " written by the President , in the President's own book ( I assume he had someone help write it ) Audacity of Hope

Including

"..I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites..." pg xiv

"...for many white people of my grandparent's generation and backgroundthe instincts ran in an opposite direction, the direction of the mob."pg 21

8. OBAMA SAYS WHITES ARE PHANTOMS TO BE EXPUNGED FROM DREAMS

"Questions of competition, decisions forced by a market economy andmajoritarian rule; issues of power. It was this unyielding reality-thatwhites were not only phantoms to be expunged from our dreams but werean active and varied fact of our everyday lives-that finally explainedhow nationalism could thrive as an emotion and flounder as a program."Pg 202

10. OBAMA SAYS BLACK NATIONALISM - A STEADY ATTACK ON THE WHITE RACE - WOULD BE JUSTIFIED IF IT COULD DELIVER

"Nationalism provided that history, an unambiguous morality tale thatwas easily communicated and easily grasped. A steady attack on thewhite race, the constant recitation of black people's brutal experiencein this country, served as the ballast that could prevent the ideas ofpersonal and communal responsibility from tipping into an ocean ofdespair. Yes, the nationalist would say, whites are responsible foryour sorry state, not any inherent flaws in you. In fact, whites are soheartless and devious that we can no longer expect anything from them.The self-loathing you feel, what keeps you drinking or thieving, isplanted by them. Rid them from your mind and find your true powerliberated. Rise up, ye mighty race!

This process of displacement, this means of engaging in self-criticismwhile removing ourselves from the object of criticism, helped explainthe much-admired success of the Nation of Islam in turning around thelives of drug addicts and criminals. But if it was especially wellsuited to those at the bottom rungs of American life, it also spoke toall the continuing doubts of the lawyer who had run hard for the goldring yet still experienced the awkward silence when walking into theclubhouse; those young college students who warily measured thedistance between them and life on Chicago's mean streets, with thedanger that distance implied; all the black people who, it turned out,shared with me a voice that whispered inside them -- "You don't reallybelong here."

"In a sense, then, Rafiq was right when he insisted that, deep down,all blacks were potential nationalists. The anger was there, bottled upand often turned inward. And as I thought about Ruby and her blue eyes,the teenagers calling each other 'african american' and worse, I wonderedwhether, for now at least, Rafiq wasn't also right in preferring thatthat anger be redirected; whether a black politics that suppressed ragetoward whites generally, or one that failed to elevate race loyaltyabove all else, was a politics inadequate to the the task." (emphasisorginal).

"It was a painful thought to consider, as painful now as it had beenyears ago. It contradicted the morality my mother had taught me, amorality of subtle distinctions-between individuals of goodwill andthose wished me ill, betweem active malice and ignorance orindifference. I had a personal stake in that moral framework; I'ddiscovered that I couldn't escape it if I tried.

And yet perhaps it was a framework that blacks in this country could nolonger afford; perhaps it weakened black resolve, encouraged confusionwithin the ranks. Desperate time called for desperate measures, and formany blacks, time were chronically desperate. If nationalism couldcreate a strong and effective insularity, deliver on its promise ofself-respect, then the hurt it might cause well-meaning whites, or theinner turmoil it caused people like me, would be of little consequence.(emphasis added)

"If nationalism could deliver. As it turned out, questions ofeffectiveness, and not sentiment, caused most of my quarrels withRafiq." Pgs 198-201

I will link the show. Beck was almost in tears that this guys Father and Mother left him as a kid, to go study marxism. That they left him for an ideology.

It was in no way an attack . What he was saying came from the presidents own books, that he wrote.

He was seriously in tears for him. Beck lost his mother early Fell out of a boat, or suicide, they are not sure.

The show was about the abandonment of Obama by his parents and the struggles he wrote in his own book. the deep seeded hatred, again came from Obamas own book .

Watch that show and you would instantly have a different view of Beck... If one is honest.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #243
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 PM
More plagerism:

The above is taken directly from this very unbiased source:

KHOW - Denver's Talk Station - Dan Caplis Reports: The Obama Tapes
Old 07-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #244
Blue Crack Addict

I enjoy how you criticized Beck's comments for being out of context, but proceed to swipe from an article that just takes Obama quotes out of context. I say this as someone who has read Audacity of Hope.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #245
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
There's plenty, for example: what Moonlit Angel said. But I see you conveniently ignored my point about health care, which is one example of how he's a shill for the GOP.
If there is any hate ( disgust would be a better word) from Glenn Beck, it would be toward the.... GOP . He does not agree with them, he does not support them, nor does he promote ANY politicians . He likes 2. Jim DeMint and Chris Christie. The first because he thinks he is one that is honest, and the latter because he says exactly what he means, like it or not.

so again, factually incorrect.

He is NO fan at all of the GOP , nor is he in the party. He is not shy about saying that either.

He doesnt like the Healthcare plan passed by this congress. along with 58 % of the people. Has nothing to do about people getting healthcare. He donates a ton of money toward healthcare assistance. The only thing he wanted once was a microwave with his name on it.

It is the LEGISLATION that was passed. Without the promised 48 hours of review ( remember Obama, all negotiations for any legislation would be on CSPAN ) and that ALL legislation would be posted on the WH website for 48 hours".

Did Obama ever do that? NO, not a single piece of legislation had the negotiations on CSPAN nor were they posted on the WH website . That was a campaign promise. Did he lie? Or maybe he forgot?

so, respectfully, lets talk truth. You judge based on something you have never seen. is that accurate?

your very points are on media matters and Huff post.

did we clear up the non disclosure about his commercials? I think " my sponsor this hour is Goldline" is full disclosure.

Glenn Beck - Videos
Old 07-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #246
Blue Crack Addict

That's not what I'm talking about regarding health care. I'm talking about how in early 2008 he heavily criticized US health care, and by mid-2009, he continually claimed we had the best health care in the world. The only changes between that time? The president and the network Beck was speaking on.

Beck doesn't mean what he says. Beck wants ratings, and the more entertaining he is (regardless of fact), the more people watch him.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #247
Acrobat

Quote:
I enjoy how you criticized Beck's comments for being out of context, but proceed to swipe from an article that just takes Obama quotes out of context. I say this as someone who has read Audacity of Hope.
I am pretty sure those were the ones he used,( there were others) so if one was wrong, I am not perfect.

regardless , the premise of what the show was about, in which you were seriously off, was that he felt sorry for his formative years that caused him to be so bitter, all based on that his famly left him for an ideology called marxism , and his grandparents who raised him were in the same business.

When I met Obama in Ohio during the Campaign, the first thing I said to my wife was " he has abandament issues". he is very thin skinned. I asked him why he didn't attend the LAF Cancer forum ( Hillary did, and John McCain did, both of them came to both ) he bristled with anger. I found that odd as at the time, his grandmother had it .

You totally mis- represented that show in a vain attempt to make it something that it was not.

Don't like him if you don't want to , once again I respect that. But say it for the reason it is, rather than, to borrow phrase, something you wish it to be.

we can go down the list

He loves the GOP Nope dislikes them ... thinks they are all crooks.

He loves liberals-Nope he thinks they are also crooks.

He is against healthcare-no he doesnt like this healthcare bill, legislation specific.

He promotes the Tea party - nope, he acknowledges it , as it does exist.

He hates-nope, he reserves that emotion for those who embrace it

he doesnt disclose his sponsors_ yep does every single one. That is what sponsorship is about. they dont pay for a commercial, and not have one.

You like weiner. Weiner is a nut No pun intended

many many more.

The thing with me is, i at least look at all sides before I decide and form my own opinion.

But I respect yours. That is how we are 2 different people.

I do find it interesting that someone attacks something they don't even bother to look at. I find that odd.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #248
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
More plagerism:

The above is taken directly from this very unbiased source:

KHOW - Denver's Talk Station - Dan Caplis Reports: The Obama Tapes

WRONG ! You see any "click here" (s)?

PS I have permission to use the Green Agenda, and I only use it for one thing. They do not want to be credited. Their choice, not mine.I think they deserve a medal . I stick to my agreements.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #249
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Hearing Beck state that he believes Obama has "a deep-seeded hatred of white people" should be enough for anyone to stop taking him even remotely seriously. That has to be one of the highlights of his bizarre quotes and theories.

Never read any of his books, so can't comment there.

Angela
Commonsense is good, but are the words of Thomas Payne . He will not sign that book .

Arguing with idiots" is good . Not so good for some .

Overton Window is awesome so far, but you really have to stop and do some research to read it.

Bill O's Bold Fresh is an excellent book. I highly recomend it. It's not political , neither is he.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #250
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
WRONG ! You see any "click here" (s)?

PS I have permission to use the Green Agenda, and I only use it for one thing. They do not want to be credited. Their choice, not mine.I think they deserve a medal . I stick to my agreements.
Exactly, you didn't put any "click here"(s) or any links but just wrote it as if it was your own thinking.

But it wasn't, it was someone elses misrepresentation of the quotes. That's plagerism. No where on that website does it say they don't want to be credited.

The more you post the more you lie.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #251
Acrobat

Quote:
Exactly, you didn't put any "click here"(s) or any links but just wrote it as if it was your own thinking.

But it wasn't, it was someone elses misrepresentation of the quotes. That's plagerism. No where on that website does it say they don't want to be credited.

The more you post the more you lie.
Once again, you have been doing this same crap for over a year that I can see. It is obvious you get off on it.

Get some help man. seriously. All you do is tell people what they should think. You speak of things you do not know.

There is a word for that.

So put on some pants, get out of the basement , and go play somewhere, if any lets you any more in S.A.

You have no idea of what is or is not involved with my life. You do not know what I can and cannot do, nor is it any of your business. You have no right to speak for anyone but yourself, a concept you don't seem to grasp.

your what should be discussions, are non existent, with the exception of a few words, all the same for over a year , and it is obvious to everyone here that look over my shoulder they just shake their heads.. The issue is obvious.

Question yourself. You will find the real problem . if you are representative of what the world has to deal with.... no problem .

learn to speak for yourself. Not others. anything less is a self created diversion from your issue

That's it. I mean it, that is it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #252
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I am truly baffled by your posts.

No where have I tried to tell you how to think, I just wanted you to be able to back up what you say.

Where have I tried to talk about your life? Are you really this paranoid?

You've plagerized at least twice and got caught. And you'ved lied in about 90% of your posts, it's all out there for everyone to see... you're the only one here that doesn't seem to grasp that.

If you continue to post, you'll continue to be called out. This isn't a place where you can get away with Glenn/Hannity style lying.

I will for now on just watch on the sidelines as people call you out, for until you want to engage in real discussion it's pointless.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #253
Acrobat

Quote:
That's not what I'm talking about regarding health care. I'm talking about how in early 2008 he heavily criticized US health care, and by mid-2009, he continually claimed we had the best health care in the world. The only changes between that time? The president and the network Beck was speaking on.

Beck doesn't mean what he says. Beck wants ratings, and the more entertaining he is (regardless of fact), the more people watch him.

care/insurance 2 different subjects

He says all the time, he wishes this President well, but at the same time, he is convinced by what they have found and the people around him , that he is not a good President.

They are saying the same things in many places and " Pundits" and even the far left base, are coming to the same conclusion.

Independants, who got him elected, have left in droves. .

With Beck, the video in the link to his show, is puzzled why in the speach in Racine and elsewhere, he isn't talkin abut how bad the economy is, he is talking about how bad it could have been and calling that a victory.

Many different people are commenting on that very thing, on various programs.

Last friday, Jeffery Immelt , CEO of GE, " Mr Immelt also had harsh words for Barack Obama, US president, lamenting what he called a “terrible” national mood and expressing concern that over-regulation in response to the global financial crisis would damp a “tepid” US economic recovery. Business did not like the US president, and the president did not like business, he said, making a point of praising Angela Merkel, Germany’s chancellor, for her defence of German industry."

Remember, Immelt is on Obama's economic advisory panel.

Beck would put it another way, but mean the same thing. He, and many others believe him to be not ready for the job. Might even use the stronger word. Inept .

Beck is not the only one saying it.

It's cool, if you don't like him, change the channell. He is right about many things, especially the big picture. he could put it out on television tomorrow. The whole story.

If he wasn't right, they wouldn't be so afraid of him.

Roger Ailes doesn't tell him what he can and cannot say . There are several liberal news people on Fox news. Plus they have Geraldo. he counts for an additional 10 Liberals.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #254
Acrobat

Quote:
I am truly baffled by your posts.

No where have I tried to tell you how to think, I just wanted you to be able to back up what you say.

Where have I tried to talk about your life? Are you really this paranoid?

You've plagerized at least twice and got caught. And you'ved lied in about 90% of your posts, it's all out there for everyone to see... you're the only one here that doesn't seem to grasp that.

If you continue to post, you'll continue to be called out. This isn't a place where you can get away with Glenn/Hannity style lying.

I will for now on just watch on the sidelines as people call you out, for until you want to engage in real discussion it's pointless.

I said. THATS IT ! you have been doing this for over a year. Before I ever found this. same words same everything. I will look at me, YOU should REALLY look at yourself.

THATS IT
Old 07-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #255
Acrobat

Robert Kuttner: My Private Obama

Progressive view of a Beck view regarding Obama