Sarah Palin, continued. - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #226
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Would those be the same "actual" journalists that tried to bury or ignore stories about Rev Wright, John Edward's lovechild, the radical Islamic history of the Ft Hood shooter, the ACORN scandal, Climategate, the success of the surge in Iraq, and many more?

In fact, if you only get your news from The NY Times or NBC News you may still think Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder rather than a case of Sudden Jihad Fever.
Sooo true !

Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #227
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
can you name the left-wing equivalents of Palin, Beck, and Rush?
No, but many wannabes. Rosie comes to mnd. That Behar also, but they do it, and what they say never seems "natural". It is almost like they are trying to be like them.

Question.... Should the far left be GIVEN airwaves to be like them, or should they build an audience and become the left wing base that will lsten and Tivo them?

Rosie,who is a neighbor to me, always seems po about everything , but I understand she has some personall "issues". Down here though she is always yelling at everyone. Store clerks, restaurant people etc. I mean hardcore ANGRY .

Not putting her down. I used to like her, but something has changed. Behar tries tobe something else other than herself I guess, dont know her) Hher show comes off as contrived, and quite frankly it is easier to read Huff post, and get the same things word for word that she says on her show.

Bad staff maybe? I don't know.

But the far left could have their Beck if there was a real one, instead of people trying to copy.

That Wanda sykes( is that her name ) is awful. The above hate . Beck doesn't promote hate, quite the opposite.

I think Rachel Madow could, and is smart enough to be it, but again, she falls into the script of others too often. It comes off as contrived sometimes.

Oberman needs to go back to sports.

Wait I can think of one. Juan Williams I like him, but he is not far left. he does a great job.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Beck. I do like . He could care less about party, he thinks they (Politicians) are corrupt. All of them with the exception of a couple, and even then, he feels if they stay long enough, they will be corrupt. He despises the coruption and says so. Nothing wrong with that.

personally, he has overcome a very serious, long life of Alcohol , and through that, has had a lot of personal growth . He is not such a big fan of the tea Party as many think, it is more about people becoming engaged in the process.

He believes in the spirit of America. Nothing wrong with that . he has spent a lot of time learning about the history , from all sides. That's a good thing .

One thing though. He has a sharpe team working for him. When he puts things together, they know what they are talking about. He does it with their own words, on film. Hard to dispute someone on film saying something, then claiming they didn't. I can't think of anybody who does that any more.

He has the whole story, but if you notice, he stopped and switched to restoration . he could blow this out of the water at any point, but doesn't see that as a solution .... yet.

What he is doing in Washington on 8/28 will have millions of people ( CNN will say 3 people) and it is all for the wounded warriors project.

Beck though, scares the heck out of the Politicians . He kNOWS where this is going. They watch his show like hawks, but use the Huffington post to attack him. I have said this before, if he is wrong, why don't they call him? They can at any point.

Van Jones, was gone from the WH in 4 weeks, all because of tapes of his speaches that he made. A convicted felon can't even to to the WH tour let alone, work there.

He has the whole story, on film, documents etc . maybe he will use it, but he would rather see the people engaged ,as that is his answer to stop the madness.

I cannot fathom why they are so frightened of him, except they know he knows.

God forbide someone has their own thoughts . Thats Un- American right?
There's so much bullshit in this post, I don't know what to say. Everything you said about Glenn Beck is wrong, though, know that.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

Video: Glenn Beck Airs Israeli Raid Footage | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Let's just blatantly lie about things because the majority of my viewers aren't going to find out that I lied!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #230
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post

Let's just blatantly lie about things because the majority of my viewers aren't going to find out that I lied!
Benj and Glenn have a lot in common.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #231
Acrobat

Quote:
There's so much bullshit in this post, I don't know what to say. Everything you said about Glenn Beck is wrong, though, know that.
That's your OPINION , which I respect.

so what happened to Van Jones? Anita Dunn? they were fine until he started showing , in their own words, what they were about.

Why is Maurice Strong stuck in China ? It is not because of his aunt. Why didn't he go to Coppenhagen? He wrote all this in the first place. Had nothing to do with film of his own words did it?

How do you know everything in that post is wrong about Glenn Beck ?

The Ellen thing?

Do you know Glenn Beck?

Tell me what I said that was wrong instead of just having that Beck reflex of YOU saying it is wrong.

" I don't know what to say" Obviously but try .

Discuss... Wrong bombs doesn't mean it is wrong
Old 07-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #232
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Benj and Glenn have a lot in common.
p101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves

Doesnt work with me. I have said that 100 times , so contact headquarters and find something new to use.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #233
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
p101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves

Doesnt work with me. I have said that 100 times , so contact headquarters and find something new to use.
You mean you haven't been called out on flat out lying?

You came in here and thought you could pull a Glenn Beck, lie through your teeth and hope no one does a fact check.

Well, fortunately for Beck and unfortunately for the country his audience doesn't bother fact checking.

But if you thought you could post in here and the same thing would happen then you're sadly mistaken.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Beck doesn't promote hate? That's news to me.

Quote:
I only like O'Reilly when he's in discussion with reasonable people like Jon Stewart. It's O'Reilly at his most honest and least political because Stewart brings the best out in him. Stewart's funny, willing to call out both sides, and most of all, is great at detecting bullshit.
I wholeheartedly agree with that. I also like those moments because he loses a lot of the TV bluster that he has to have to help boost ratings, and actually seems like a civil guy who I could genuinely have a good debate with. I'd be willing to bet that a few of the commentators are like that off their shows-I hope so. It does suck that people feel the need to overexaggerate themselves like that for ratings, but such is the current news media, I guess.

Angela
Old 07-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #235
Acrobat

Quote:

First he acknowledge that he was'nt sitting in front of a Television , so he gave credit for those that aired it the next day. He will always start with any corrections

So that is your basis that he lies? weak man very weak.

He lied about who showed it? Ever consider that his show is not always live and often recorded at 12:00 pm. ?

verything he says is a lie based on John Stewart or how much television , and how many stations he watches when he does?

That is sooooo weak of an argument . If that is all you have, there is great hope .

MSNBC just corrected the man with the machine gun, alledgedly a white extremist, saying that cropping the shot was an oversight . It was a black guy, but couldnt show that. Never heard of a black white extremist.

They corrected it after a year.

so everything they say is a lie? That one with MSNBC was clearly one.

surely you have something better than that, or can come up with it.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #236
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You mean you haven't been called out on flat out lying?

You came in here and thought you could pull a Glenn Beck, lie through your teeth and hope no one does a fact check.

Well, fortunately for Beck and unfortunately for the country his audience doesn't bother fact checking.

But if you thought you could post in here and the same thing would happen then you're sadly mistaken.

your still using the party line . Again P-101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves.

Becks audience doesnt fact check? Really? You would be wrong to assume that. In fact, he often says, look for yourself. They do.

Every book he mentions as a point of possible information, shoots up the amazon list overnight. why? Just so they can buy the books? . They read them, and as he always says, invites them to come to their own conclusion.

Horrible
Old 07-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
surely you have something better than that, or can come up with it.
Certainly. How about how he used to heavily criticize the health care system until a) he went to Fox and b) Obama took a stance on reforming it? Or how he promotes the "patriotism" of protesters that he agrees with but calls those protesting against his view insane or hateful? Or how he promotes gold on his show without mentioning the fact that he's a paid spokesman for a company that sells gold?

I could go all day. Glenn Beck is scum, and there's way too much evidence you're ignoring for me to let you off this easy.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #238
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
your still using the party line . Again P-101 when someone says that, they are talking about themselves.

Becks audience doesnt fact check? Really? You would be wrong to assume that. In fact, he often says, look for yourself. They do.

Every book he mentions as a point of possible information, shoots up the amazon list overnight. why? Just so they can buy the books? . They read them, and as he always says, invites them to come to their own conclusion.

Horrible
No party line, sorry... And no, I'm not talking about myself, I'm not going to lie about someone making an announcement they didn't make, and my dictionary knows the difference between idealist and idealouge. But nice try.

I listen to his show all the time, trust me his callers don't fact check shit.

The books he promotes are usually revisionist history books full of lies themselves.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #239
Acrobat

Quote:
Certainly. How about how he used to heavily criticize the health care system until a) he went to Fox and b) Obama took a stance on reforming it? Or how he promotes the "patriotism" of protesters that he agrees with but calls those protesting against his view insane or hateful? Or how he promotes gold on his show without mentioning the fact that he's a paid spokesman for a company that sells gold?

I could go all day. Glenn Beck is scum, and there's way too much evidence you're ignoring for me to let you off this easy.
"Or how he promotes the "patriotism" of protesters that he agrees with but calls those protesting against his view insane or hateful?" proof?

He doesn't promote any party . He calls G20 protestors who throw rocks through windows , and climb through sewars misguided . In't beating people up and throwing rocks, and hurting people hatefull anyway ?

Never seen a Tea party where people beat people up, except ST Louis where a white Union guy beat up a black man in wheelchair.Isn't that violence and hatred, and racist? NEVER 1 arrest at a tea party, including the union guy .

Goldline? " My sponsor this hour is Goldline " HELLO? Goldline sponsors on MSNBC also .

Did you get that Weiner? Weiner tell you that? Does weiner tell you he gets his info from media matters ? Lets check Weiner facts in spite of the fact he has slithered away.

Weiner is now ticked that the 4 dollar yankee tickets have a higher % of mark up than the 100.00 tickets. DUH ! 4 dollar yankee tickets? nothing in NYC cost 4 dollars, especially a Yankees game. But they sell them so people with less money can go . That is OUTRAGEOUS !!!!!!!

http://www.weinerfacts.com/weiner/ your congressman at work... kinda

If that is all you can toss, and it is VERY weak, there is Hope.

please show me the number of people arrested at a tea Party function if that is what you are reffering to.

He does not promote the Tea party. He talks about them but doesnt promote them. Only thing he does in 9-12

You have to have something more than that
Old 07-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Hearing Beck state that he believes Obama has "a deep-seeded hatred of white people" should be enough for anyone to stop taking him even remotely seriously. That has to be one of the highlights of his bizarre quotes and theories.

Never read any of his books, so can't comment there.

Angela