Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing that scares me about the Palins are their first names.

I mean- Who would name their children Bristol, Willow, and Tripp?:huh:

I don't know. I don't think those names are that big of a deal or worthy of a :huh: smiley. For me, at least. They're a bit off the beaten path, but they're not the craziest or worst names I've ever heard. I've heard of guys named Tripp. Bristol is a cool city in England. And Willow was the name of an awesome character on Buffy the motherfucking Vampire Slayer. So, not all bad.

Now, Track is a weird name. Don't know why you didn't mention that one.

They're just setting up Tripp for years of mocking at school.

Bully sticks foot out, Tripp falls. "Have a nice Tripp!!!!!!!!!"

“There aren’t a lot of options for them out there, and this is their best chance at making a decent amount of money.”

Sure. I mean it isn't as if they are young and could get educations and jobs like the rest of us.

Bristol does have a job. According to People Magazine she's an office manager in a derm's office. I have that at my desk so I just looked it up :wink:

She was taking classes but it became too much, with the job and Tripp

Sure. I mean it isn't as if they are young and could get educations and jobs like the rest of us.

I think the idea is that "decent" money should be far more than the rest of us working regular jobs would make.

After all with the kind of lifestyle Mom's bringing with her recent career moves, the workaday life can't be very appealing by comparison.

Bristol does have a job. According to People Magazine she's an office manager in a derm's office. I have that at my desk so I just looked it up :wink:

She was taking classes but it became too much, with the job and Tripp

Yeah I figured that she was working given that she raised that baby on her own essentially until very recently.

I just think it's absurd to claim that their only opportunity to make decent money is to get a reality TV show. Of course I suppose that depends on your definition of "decent money"...

unfortunately for Bristol, she's sorely lacking in female role models who have follow-through (narcissism aside).

her mother couldn't even finish her first term as governor.

The fact that they are even considering building a mosque on or near the site of ground zero is totally absurd and just gives people like Palin more ammunition. Sometimes, and especially in this case, in makes me wonder if certain individuals are indeed setting this up on purpose just to inflame the masses? That's how absurd it is.

It's a bit ironic that a new mosque might be put up right next to Ground Zero, before Ground Zero itself is rebuilt.

Then again, this is a nation of laws, and I'm sure New York City observes strict zoning laws.

So while a mosque in this spot might feel a little odd (or even wrong), maybe this could be an example of what makes America a truly great country.

well, looks like we know where the GOP is headed: CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS, MOTHERFUCKERS!

get yer mosque outta my city!

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/07/21/us/AP-US-Ground-Zero-Mosque-Politics.html?_r=2&hp

please, once again, tell me that the GOP isn't exploiting white resentment/fear/paranoia against phantasmagorical others.

please tell me that only Christian Americans were killed on 9-11 and not people of all faiths and over 100 different countries.

Dude, they'll be doing this until the "9-11" generation dies off.

i guess i shouldn't be surprised that right wing American politicians and serious presidential contenders are going to continue to insist that we use Saudi Arabia and it's well-known religious intolerance as the working model to which the US should aspire to imitate.

that's what Al-Qaeda would want, because they want an all-out religious war every bit as much as Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin do.

my god. is W Bush beginning to look comparatively rational?

Nothing from that magazine is ever true, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is.

One reason to watch 'Kate Plus 8': Sarah Palin may be taking Kate and the eight kids camping in Alaska. Kate and Sarah, incidentally, were both named among Barbara Walters' ten most fascinating people of 2009. Palin's tv show will be airing on TLC, just like Gosselin's, so perhaps it's synergy at work.

In Touch Weekly reports:

Forget ex-husband Jon--Kate Gosselin could rename her TLC hit Sarah & Kate Plus 8! In Touch can exclusively reveal that Kate and her brood have traveled to Alaska with cameras in tow to meet up with the northern state's most famous resident, Sarah Palin. "Sarah, Kate and the kids will go camping," a source says, adding that Sarah's father, a retired science teacher, and brother, a third-grade educator, will conduct a hands-on natural history lesson for 9-year-old twins Mady and Cara, and 6-year-old sextuplets Aaden, Joel, Collin, Leah, Hannah and Alexis. A mother of a big family herself, former vice presidential candidate Sarah is thrilled about the upcoming visit. "She's excited because it will be fun and educational for the children. Sarah will even teach Kate how to avoid bears!" the insider adds.

what policies does Sarah support that would benefit a working mother like Kate and her brood of 8 children? likewise, what policies does Sarah support that would benefit special needs children?

Back
Top Bottom