Sad Day! (Haiti Earthquake) - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:48 AM

Chaos reigned north of Haiti's capital Friday as hospitals overflowed with people rushing to get help from a fast-moving cholera break that has killed at least 138 people.
Terry Snow, Haiti director for the non-profit Youth With a Mission, saw people lined up outside hospitals and clinics, many in stretchers, waiting 24 hours or more to get care.
Snow said he tried to take one man with cholera to various clinics, only to end up at St. Nicholas hospital in Saint Marc to learn that it was full. The man died soon thereafter in the back of his truck, he said.
"This is totally unprecedented," said Snow, who has lived in Haiti for about 20 years. "We have never had an outbreak like this."

Sick rush to get help as Haiti cholera outbreak kills 138 -

Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:48 AM
'Cause lord knows these people haven't suffered enough already. Christ, that's horrible . Hopefully they'll find a way to contain the outbreak before it gets worse. The Haitians continue to be in my thoughts.

Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #108
has a
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Thinking about Haiti today. I need to see if I can donate more to UNICEF.

Prayer and mourning in Haiti a year after quake
The normally traffic-clogged streets of the Haitian capital turned quiet Wednesday as businesses closed and people walked in solemn processions to prayer services marking the anniversary of the worst natural disaster in the nation's history.

Many people wore white, a color associated with mourning in Haiti, and sang hymns as they navigated collapsed buildings and rubble from the Jan. 12, 2010, earthquake that left much of Port-au-Prince in ruins and, by the government's imprecise estimate, killed more than 230,000 people...

Aid groups say only about 5 percent of the rubble from the quake has been removed and the capital is strewn with some 20 million cubic yards (meters) of collapsed concrete and twisted steel debris, enough to fill dump trucks that would encircle half the globe. At least a million displaced people, including 380,000 children, are still in some 1,200 tent-and-shack encampments that sprung up after the quake.

Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote