Rush Limbaugh hospitalized in "serious condition" with chest pains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I was driving today I tuned into a few minutes of Limbaugh.

He was making fun of the commentators that were remarking on the Cadillac Health Coverage that he must have.

The joke was on them. He is one of the uninsured.

He said he got great health care and he paid cash for it.

He said his hospital bill was less than the costs of a car. Except maybe the "smart car". It was only 5 figures. He said they offered to finance it for him.

But, he paid cash. I guess his costs for not being sick was around $20,000.

While I was driving today I tuned into a few minutes of Limbaugh.

He was making fun of the commentators that were remarking on the Cadillac Health Coverage that he must have.

The joke was on them. He is one of the uninsured.

He said his hospital bill was less than the costs of a car. Except maybe the "smart car". It was only 5 figures. He said they offered to finance it for him.

I honestly believe that people who listened to this and thought he had a fantastic point must be genuinely stupid. This is particularly true of the ones in the lower or middle socio-economic classes who are applauding him idiotically, happily ignorant of the fact that they probably couldn't foot half this bill if the same medical condition were to strike them.

I don't know if it's cognitive dissonance that goes on with these people or what, but it's rather sad.

I honestly believe that people who listened to this and thought he had a fantastic point must be genuinely stupid. This is particularly true of the ones in the lower or middle socio-economic classes who are applauding him idiotically, happily ignorant of the fact that they probably couldn't foot half this bill if the same medical condition were to strike them.

I don't know if it's cognitive dissonance that goes on with these people or what, but it's rather sad.

Here here!

The fact that he thought it was even a good point just shows how disconnected he is with the majority of his own audience and the fact that they can't see this just shows how... well let's say, disconnected with reality that they are.

Yes, we're all idiots because -- if we only knew what was good for us -- we'd all embrace the more government control/less personal choice solutions offered by the Left.

Some things Rush also pointed out.

He got a 35% discount for paying cash to compensate for all the third-party paperwork and hassles the hospital would avoid. This is just as true if the third-party payer is private or public.

The cost he did pay no doubt included the cost-shifting penalty that we all pay which makes up for the cost of treating those with no insurance and those who are covered by insurance that compensates below the actual cost of treatment (that would be Medicare).

I would add that a 58 year-old man with a long standing HSA would easily be able to cover a cost such as this and a catastrophic high deductible insurance plan would cover him if more treatment was required.

Yes, we're all idiots because -- if we only knew what was good for us -- we'd all embrace the more government control/less personal choice solutions offered by the Left.

He got a 35% discount for paying cash to compensate for all the third-party paperwork and hassles the hospital would avoid. This is just as true if the third-party payer is private or public.

The cost he did pay no doubt included the cost-shifting penalty that we all pay which makes up for the cost of treating those with no insurance and those who are covered by insurance that compensates below the actual cost of treatment (that would be Medicare).

I would add that a 58 year-old man with a long standing HSA would easily be able to cover a cost such as this and a catastrophic high deductible insurance plan would cover him if more treatment was required.

From your posts (if I recall properly) I believe you are working in a health related business and have adequate health coverage. So you are doing fine.

I am not a 58 year old. I am a 54 year old and I don't have a HSA, very few people I know do. Many have kids in college, sick parents that need help, or other financial obligations. If one is able to put some money into an IRA or Roth they are lucky. There really is nothing left over for a HSA.

So if Limbaugh paid between 20000 and 30000 just for having indigestion, you think that is fine? Why did he tie up a hospital bed for several days for no reason? Most people would have been released the next day with a bottle of Tums.

You're as detached from the average American as Rush, maybe even more so if what you say is true, that you actually work in healthcare...:|

It's as if he somehow has people truly convinced that he's "one of them"-don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..something like that. The way he speaks on the radio must have some trance inducing power that makes you forget that he lives in a completely different world financially.

Personally I could never listen to someone who has the worth that he does tell me or anyone about the health care system-especially their experiences in it and how that has any relevance to the average person's experience. That's a complete joke.

I bet his HSA has its' own wing in his mansion

Back in the day I had champagne & stripper bills larger than that.

Actually I just found out I need a tooth implant which is going to set me back about $6,000. What can you do but pony up the cash and figure what you'll have to do without this year.

Sorry Candy and Porsche.

Actually I just found out I need a tooth implant which is going to set me back about $6,000. What can you do but pony up the cash and figure what you'll have to do without this year.

Sorry Candy and Porsche.

That's awesome for you :up: but the average American can't afford a 6,000 bill just by giving up a few lap dances.

Just a tip, better brushing, flossing, and an inexpensive dental plan would have saved you a lot of money.

limbaugh.jpg

"Negroes brought Ted Kennedy his booze."

Rush Limbaugh is jumping on the recent controversies sparked by senate majority leader, Harry Reid, and former President, Bill Clinton from the book, “Game Change.”

He said on his radio show yesterday.
I know the real reason that Teddy Kennedy was mad and offended when Bill Clinton said ‘Hey, come on man, this guy woulda been fetching us coffee a few years ago.’
what made Teddy Kennedy mad was
it’s women get him coffee.

It was Negroes that brought Ted Kennedy his booze.
And that’s why he was all offended… We deal in the truth here…”

As an aside...

Damn. I have a tooth that I worry will require one someday (do veneers on a dead tooth last forever, I wonder?), and I know that a lot of dental insurance plans will only cover bridges, which--idiotically, I might add--require destruction of perfectly good surrounding teeth. I flat out refuse to do that, and I guess if that unfortunate day arrives, I guess it's $6,000+ for me too.

Rush's comments on Haiti sure were classy!

It makes me question what my reaction would be if he did actually die.

After comments like these, I wonder if people will wish him well next time he's in the hospital:

"Limbaugh said the earthquake has played into Obama’s hands, allowing the president to look “compassionate” and “humanitarian” while at the same time bolstering his standing in both the “light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country.”

He added: “We've already donated to Haiti. It’s called the U.S. income tax.” "

He's also not sexist either.

Confronted with some of that criticism, Limbaugh slammed a female caller as “closed-minded.”

“What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a blockhead,” Limbaugh shot back. “What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a closed-minded bigot who is ill-informed...Your mind is totally closed. You have tampons in your ears.

How the hell does he still have defenders?

it really is crazy, isn't it? i used to teach tennis lessons to this girl who's mom would just sit in the car and listen to his radio show the entire hour. they were one of the nicest families i had ever met. i just couldn't wrap my head around how such nice people could follow such a hateful person.

Sorry Candy and Porsche.

As an aside...

Damn. I have a tooth that I worry will require one someday (do veneers on a dead tooth last forever, I wonder?), and I know that a lot of dental insurance plans will only cover bridges, which--idiotically, I might add--require destruction of perfectly good surrounding teeth. I flat out refuse to do that, and I guess if that unfortunate day arrives, I guess it's $6,000+ for me too.
Beyond the four wisdom teeth I've had removed, I also have one fake tooth and one still existing chipped tooth, as well as a poorly aligned jaw despite three years of braces. So, I can relate to both of your tooth/dental financial woes. Good luck to both of you.

it really is crazy, isn't it? i used to teach tennis lessons to this girl who's mom would just sit in the car and listen to his radio show the entire hour. they were one of the nicest families i had ever met. i just couldn't wrap my head around how such nice people could follow such a hateful person.

My dad listens to him all the time, and yet he is the kind of guy who goes out of his way to help the woman next door who is elderly and in poor health. He's always driving her to doctor appointments and other places. It makes no sense to me whatsoever that he could tolerate two minutes of listening to someone with so little compassion for others.

My dad listens to him all the time, and yet he is the kind of guy who goes out of his way to help the woman next door who is elderly and in poor health. He's always driving her to doctor appointments and other places. It makes no sense to me whatsoever that he could tolerate two minutes of listening to someone with so little compassion for others.

Rush is a preach to the choir type of personality. And the thing is, he knows this...

I thing there are two maybe three types of Rush listeners. One listens to him because they believe his core "beliefs" but aren't necessarily as extreme as him and they dismiss his hatred. Another listens to him and defends him... they claim they aren't racist or sexist but somewhere they agree with him to a certain degree.

Keepin' it classy, he can't help but comment on Obama's proposed banking legislation.

“To some people, banker is a code word for Jewish; and guess who Obama is assaulting? He’s assaulting bankers. He’s assaulting money people. And a lot of those people on Wall Street are Jewish. So I wonder if there’s – if there’s starting to be some buyer’s remorse there.”

Which was immediately rebuked:

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

Rush Limbaugh reached a new low with his borderline anti-Semitic comments about Jews as bankers, their supposed influence on Wall Street, and how they vote.

Limbaugh’s references to Jews and money in a discussion of Massachusetts politics were offensive and inappropriate. While the age-old stereotype about Jews and money has a long and sordid history, it also remains one of the main pillars of anti-Semitism and is widely accepted by many Americans. His notion that Jews vote based on their religion, rather than on their interests as Americans, plays into the hands of anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists.

When he comes to understand why his words were so offensive and unacceptable, Limbaugh should apologize.

Back
Top Bottom