Ron Paul discusses the American Power Structure and the Corporate Oligarchy-from 1988 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #16
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
One response and the Miley Ray thread gets hundreds. What can I say? The sheeple can't handle the truth!
Link please.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
How easily you forget. I've told you and this board many times that I've known Ron Paul and his family for a long time, this has nothing to do with prejudice but everything to do with knowing some facts. But keep up with your M.O. I haven't dismissed anything, in fact why don't you re-read my posts in this thread and show me whatever I've dismissed. So typical.

Er, yeah. I remember that you mentioned that you knew his family, and you vaguely hinted that he was primarily interested in advancing his own political career or something of that nature. Big deal. That's the nature of politics. I am sure of the tens of thousands of people that have at one time or other posted on this website, some have known Bono personally and some of these have had positive impressions and some not so positive. Someone on this board once mentioned a vague acquantaince with the Bush twins. Again, it doesn't really impact on a discussion of the rightness or wrongness of Bush's policies one way or the other.

I, for one, am glad that Paul serves as a vehicle allowing ideas outside of mainstream opinion to be given a hearing. He was ahead of the posse on Austrian economics. He's been talking about it for decades and now, post credit crunch, it's become fashionable.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Er, yeah. I remember that you mentioned that you knew his family, and you vaguely hinted that he was primarily interested in advancing his own political career or something of that nature. Big deal. That's the nature of politics. I am sure of the tens of thousands of people that have at one time or other posted on this website, some have known Bono personally and some of these have had positive impressions and some not so positive. Someone on this board once mentioned a vague acquantaince with the Bush twins. Again, it doesn't really impact on a discussion of the rightness or wrongness of Bush's policies one way or the other.
Just make sure next time you make an accusation about being prejudiced and just dismissing someone based on a side you have something to back it up. Otherwise you look foolish. I've known this man's personal and policy for a long time.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Just make sure next time you make an accusation about being prejudiced and just dismissing someone based on a side you have something to back it up. Otherwise you look foolish. I've known this man's personal and policy for a long time.
Once more unto the breech..

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy
Critique Ron Paul's thesis using a logical, analytical approach, and then I might take your contributions more seriously.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Once more unto the breech..
Here's the problem. You post a 48 minute video, you don't get a lot of responses so you go on attack:

Quote:
What can I say? The sheeple can't handle the truth!
You call everyone who doesn't like Paul sheep, so I question your sheephood, and you go on attack again. It's you MO. Logic and analytical approach was not used by the OP, so the thread was destined to die.

A lot of what Paul says in the 48 minutes I have no problem with, it's his approach and conclusions I usually have a problem with...
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #21
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Here's the problem. You post a 48 minute video, you don't get a lot of responses so you go on attack:
Did you miss the part where fg said that comment was partly in jest? Lighten up, BVS.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Did you miss the part where fg said that comment was partly in jest? Lighten up, BVS.
There wasn't much in the post or his posting history that showed me that that was nothing but him covering his tracks.

You and I both know this poster has a propensity of making such sweeping attacks so without any winks or obvious signs of being in jest I took it at face value.

Forgive me.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't do winks. They're beneath me.

Thank you
Old 09-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
There wasn't much in the post or his posting history that showed me that that was nothing but him covering his tracks.

You and I both know this poster has a propensity of making such sweeping attacks so without any winks or obvious signs of being in jest I took it at face value.

Forgive me.
All Apologies...

Old 09-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

And that's exactly why I've asked for forgiveness and am moving on...
Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 02:51 PM
i watched the first 10 min of that vid on youtube and all i have to say is

you never hear that kind of stuff on MSM