Roadmap to HELL - One man caught on a barbed wire fence .... - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,271
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Your statements add nothing to what is being discussed.

That is not a slam. I would just like to discuss in a logical manner.
I say this with absolute seriousness and then I will no longer discuss this with you in any manner: people, and specifically, Americans, with a view like yours, are one of the more significant reasons why peace will not come to this region.

A two-state solution has been endorsed by essentially everyone except individuals such as yourself, ultra right-wing militant Israeli groups and various Islamist terrorist factions.

Thanks for your efforts, heckuva job.
__________________

__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #92
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 459
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Your reasoning is flawed.

The Jewish people existed in that area as a country thousands of years ago.
It is their land.

Can you please explain why neighboring Arab countries will not simply let the
Palestinians come into their countries and live?

The answer is not blowing in the wind, but in the scriptures.
If the bible is a document of fact then the land isn't Israeli as there were people there before them, by your logic if we find someone descended from the Canaanite's then we'd have to give them the land. How far back to you want to go? It wasn't Israel's land from the start, a war of conquest was won, and while the Jewish religion is hereditary and therefor has a racial component to it, that entire area was a melting point for different 'races' and tribes. Who's to say who the land actually belongs to?, and the land was largely vacated by the Jewish people for hundreds of years until the 1930's.
__________________

__________________
popshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I say this with absolute seriousness and then I will no longer discuss this with you in any manner: people, and specifically, Americans, with a view like yours, are one of the more significant reasons why peace will not come to this region.

A two-state solution has been endorsed by essentially everyone except individuals such as yourself, ultra right-wing militant Israeli groups and various Islamist terrorist factions.

Thanks for your efforts, heckuva job.

Thanks,

I don't think there will ever be agreement on this issue.

My rant is that peace would be easy if some countries would simply allow Israel to exist.

It's sad, but that is not going to happen.

Most posts here seem to say that it is Israel who is the bad guy.


Like you, I don't think I will keep replying to this thread.
Another day...


Thanks for the discussion.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post

There has never a Palestinian State in history.

Fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post

So, if a group of people decided to claim a few acres in France as their State, that's OK?
Anybody find the irony of an American saying this funny?
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Anybody find the irony of an American saying this funny?


Anybody find it funny that this does not add any fact to this discussion?
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #96
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Anybody find it funny that this does not add any fact to this discussion?
But scripture, platitudes, Dylan lyrics, and not understanding history does?
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But scripture, platitudes, Dylan lyrics, and not understanding history does?

Again, what are you saying?
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #98
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Again, what are you saying?
I'm saying your posts show a huge lack of understanding the situation.
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popshopper View Post
You call that lucid? His Korean analogy, letting Israel carry out the only investigation it to this would be like letting North Korea carry out an investigation in how the South Korean boat sank and given the boat was under Turkish law I'm not exactly sure what the legal justification would be for an Israeli investigation...but oh wait it's Israeli, legality only apply when it suits Israel.
Yes, plus Biden has always been strongly, some would say slavishly, pro-Zionist, so I am surprised that anyone would be surprised by what he said.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #100
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 459
Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Yes, plus Biden has always been strongly, some would say slavishly, pro-Zionist, so I am surprised that anyone would be surprised by what he said.
I'm not surprise at what he said, I'm surprised he would use such a poor analogy. Easier ways to make a case for an Israeli investigation than that.
__________________
popshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 09:21 PM
i find it so ironic that conservative Christians -- generally, US Christians -- after kicking the shit out of the Jews for, like, 1000 years or whatever, are now all reverent about "the Jewish people."

i'd like to think it's just Rapture silliness and they're thrilled about these prophesied temple building skills, but i think it's more because they get some sort of sexual charge whenever anyone shoots a Muslim.

claims about who the land belongs too are, in most ways, entirely moot. the Israelis aren't going anywhere, and neither are the Palestinians. looking for historical justifications for land rights beyond the 1967 war is an exercise in futility.

let's just take Jerusalem and Berlin Wall that shit.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i find it so ironic that conservative Christians -- generally, US Christians -- after kicking the shit out of the Jews for, like, 1000 years or whatever, are now all reverent about "the Jewish people."

i'd like to think it's just Rapture silliness and they're thrilled about these prophesied temple building skills, but i think it's more because they get some sort of sexual charge whenever anyone shoots a Muslim.

claims about who the land belongs too are, in most ways, entirely moot. the Israelis aren't going anywhere, and neither are the Palestinians. looking for historical justifications for land rights beyond the 1967 war is an exercise in futility.

let's just take Jerusalem and Berlin Wall that shit.



So?

What is your point? What are you saying?


Can you keep it to one or three sentences?
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
So?

What is your point? What are you saying?


Can you keep it to one or three sentences?


no, sorry. it's a complicated situation and doesn't lend itself well to soundbytes or quotes.

it takes reading and research to actually understand the situation.

if you look back, i've posted extensively on Israel/Palestine in the past, and have offered up several opinions in this thread.

perhaps you'd get better responses if your posts were longer than 2-3 sentences?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, sorry. it's a complicated situation and doesn't lend itself well to soundbytes or quotes.

it takes reading and research to actually understand the situation.

if you look back, i've posted extensively on Israel/Palestine in the past, and have offered up several opinions in this thread.

perhaps you'd get better responses if your posts were longer than 2-3 sentences?


I will try.

Thanks
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #105
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,882
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I will try.

Thanks
Only two sentences there... Barely
__________________

__________________
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who to "Liberate" Next? melon Free Your Mind Archive 95 05-01-2003 04:55 PM
Why I Would Follow Bono Into Hell...... U2Soar The Goal Is Soul 10 10-10-2002 03:41 PM
The MacPhisto Society, Revisited Echo PLEBA Archive 15 11-26-2001 03:01 AM
Hinduism v. Christianity anitram Free Your Mind Archive 26 10-27-2001 09:28 AM
On Hell and Fundamentalism melon Free Your Mind Archive 1 10-07-2001 10:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com