Roadmap to HELL - One man caught on a barbed wire fence .... - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #556
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:28 PM
AB, did the BBC put this on THEIR Twitter account?

There have been countless stories of FOX lying, and many have been documented in here.

Glenn Beck is a known propagandist and liar. He's a despicable man, he told the Tea Party during the primaries that if they elect Romney then it was about race, and then was forced to lie about the statement once Romney was the GOP candidate.

PLEASE, whatever you do, whatever you believe, do not follow this man. I just don't know what to say anymore, you're going to believe your distortion for it's what you've always known. We pray for your personal safety...

Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #557
Refugee

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
AB, did the BBC put this on THEIR Twitter account?

There have been countless stories of FOX lying, and many have been documented in here.

Glenn Beck is a known propagandist and liar. He's a despicable man, he told the Tea Party during the primaries that if they elect Romney then it was about race, and then was forced to lie about the statement once Romney was the GOP candidate.

PLEASE, whatever you do, whatever you believe, do not follow this man. I just don't know what to say anymore, you're going to believe your distortion for it's what you've always known. We pray for your personal safety...
Hello BVS,

I really and truly appreciate your best wishes.....

Why is it that when anybody tells the truth about what's happening in Israel they're automatically labeled as being "pro-Israel" and "Distorted"? Glenn Beck has been one of our most loyal supporters and has been here several times to demonstrate his loyalty and support - what's wrong with that? why does that make him a propogandist and a liar?

Both Beck and Oreilly are the epitome of what true journalism should be.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #558
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBono View Post
Hello BVS,

I really and truly appreciate your best wishes.....
I truly mean it.

Quote:
Why is it that when anybody tells the truth about what's happening in Israel they're automatically labeled as being "pro-Israel" and "Distorted"? Glenn Beck has been one of our most loyal supporters and has been here several times to demonstrate his loyalty and support - what's wrong with that? why does that make him a propogandist and a liar?
Glenn being "pro-Israel" doesn't make him a propogandist, everything he's done in his career makes him one.

Quote:
Neither of them are journalists. Are they truly what you want, or would you rather have someone tell you the truth?

For example: Yesterday on Glenn's radio show he gave that same speech as you posted earlier, except he dragged it out, when a conservative caller spoke to him and mentioned that he might want to talk about the death toll on the Palestinian side in order to be fair he got hung up on and got mocked. True journalism...
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:

I think that your views are valuable as somebody who lives there. But I also have good friends in Israel, actually former coworkers who came over to Canada to do their 3-year pediatric fellowships. A couple in Tel Aviv and one in Beit She'an. And their views are very different than yours. Maybe because they lived out here for three years they learned very quickly that Glenn Beck is a joke and potentially a mentally ill man, and O'Reilly is just a pundit, not a journalist.

When these two are the paragon of journalism for you, then I am afraid we will unfortunately not get measured commentary from you. It's unfortunate.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #560
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:28 PM
Quote:
Journalists report on stories and get facts. They interview people and do research.

Neither Beck or O'Reilly do any of this. They just sit in front of a camera and rant and rave. Their facts are based on opinion and are poorly researched. Their interviews are debates where they set out to prove the other one wrong, and in O'Reilly's case, yelling and repeatedly interrupting them.

AB, I do feel sorry that you are living so close to danger and fear like this. But like others have said, I cannot take what you say seriously.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #561
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Journalists report on stories and get facts. They interview people and do research.

Neither Beck or O'Reilly do any of this. They just sit in front of a camera and rant and rave. Their facts are based on opinion and are poorly researched. Their interviews are debates where they set out to prove the other one wrong, and in O'Reilly's case, yelling and repeatedly interrupting them.

AB, I do feel sorry that you are living so close to danger and fear like this. But like others have said, I cannot take what you say seriously.
I'm sorry you feel that way - and thanks for your empathy.

Because it's extremely important to me that you get the real story about what's going on here, I would hate for my journalistic preferrences to cause you to have doubts about my objectivity or honesty in what I tell you - so I will just refrain from any mention of Fox News as I see it is a touchy subject.

That being said, let me assure you that anything I post here will be as accurate as it can be and without any bias whatsoever.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #562
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBono

That being said, let me assure you that anything I post here will be as accurate as it can be and without any bias whatsoever.
We can all write that, but doing so is something completely different. Facts can be checked, and reality will prevail.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:28 PM
The cease-fire is now in effect. Let's see how long this lasts.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #564
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way - and thanks for your empathy.

Because it's extremely important to me that you get the real story about what's going on here,

I believe everything you say, write is authentic and true. I don't believe you are making any misrepresentations, from your point of view. I believe you would pass a lie-detector test.

What is the truth about anything?

At this point in time, most Americans would say it was a mistake to go into Iraq and fight that war. They can state their true facts as to why they came to that conclusion. Also, there are those that believe it was the right thing to do, and they can give their true facts to back up that belief.

I think most Israelis would prefer things go back to where they were before this thing blew up. Looking at pictures and videos Israel looks very much like any first world western country.
The clothing, homes, furnishings look very much like what I see here in California.
Because of the potential threat of attacks, I would say the quality of life in Israel is about 90% of what Americans enjoy.
When these attacks happen, I would say the quality of life drops dramatically. I believe the day after 911 all Americans felt 'some-what' at risk. So our quality of life fell, until we felt relatively safe again.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #565
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Both Beck and O'Reilly are the epitome of shitheadedness.

You want to hear them lying? Okay. Let's start with Bill O'Reilly lying about Jeremy Glick.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
No. No, no, no, no, nooooooo. No.

Seconding Pearl's sentiments on the cease-fire.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #567
Refugee

Rockets go silent as Gaza-Israel cease-fire appears to hold - CNN.com

*sigh*....

My government sold me up the river last night......I wouldn't mind if I could at least enjoy the proceeds.

Bottom line: Our PM is an IDIOT!

I'll be back.....
Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

Egypt and President Mohammed Morsi make a good impression on the West - Telegraph

Brotherhood
Old 11-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #569
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh urged Gaza fighters to respect the truce and to "guard this deal as long as Israel respects it."
It's up to Israel?

Hamas cries victory; truce with Israel holds
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

UN general assembly makes resounding vote in favour of Palestinian statehood