Roadmap to HELL - One man caught on a barbed wire fence ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you do realize they are not Israelis, but Palestinians that were collaborating with the IDF to guide bombs to targets, residential buildings that may have a Hamas official in it.

if they were Israelis they would have been held for negotiations, the Israelis could give a damn about them, they were just paid informants.

and as for the 'global outrage' it is and has been trending against Israel and the IDF for years, it is like gay marriage, a slow but steady move in one direction.

Well, the article never said they might've been Palestinians, so naturally I would've thought they were Israelis.

Also, the article has been updated since I posted it. When I originally read it, it was shorter with less detail and background.

Calm down.

I don't know if you're joking, but I fail to see the humor here.

I really don't want to stir up any drama and turn this thread upside down, even if it seems that way, so why not send me a PM if you think something needs to be addressed?

Well, the article never said they might've been Palestinians, so naturally I would've thought they were Israelis.

Also, the article has been updated since I posted it. When I originally read it, it was shorter with less detail and background.

I understand. I saw the article that called them Israeli spies. The reporting is just terrible these days. One has to filter everything and do multiple sourcing and still that may not be enough. Benghazi and the Petraeus affair are examples of early information that was out for days and then later it turned out to be not completely factual.

I don't know if you're joking, but I fail to see the humor here.

I really don't want to stir up any drama and turn this thread upside down, even if it seems that way, so why not send me a PM if you think something needs to be addressed?
I don't think anything needs to be addressed. All I see is you getting ultra-defensive over nothing. Hence, my post. Nothing more to it. BoMac corrected you in a very polite manner.

I don't think anything needs to be addressed. All I see is you getting ultra-defensive over nothing. Hence, my post. Nothing more to it. BoMac corrected you in a very polite manner.

He did, but he's been doing this for a long while now. I used to ignore it, but now its starting to bother me. Its like he gets upset every time I make a mistake and I'm being watched by a hawk. I don't see how that's very effective in learning anything.

Pearl said:
He did, but he's been doing this for a long while now. I used to ignore it, but now its starting to bother me. Its like he gets upset every time I make a mistake and I'm being watched by a hawk. I don't see how that's very effective in learning anything.

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm being a hawk. I would have had the same response had someone else made the same comment you made, so it's not like I'm singling you out.

I don't want to derail this thread any further.

He does do it all the time, to deny that is a crock. Sorry. If someone did that to me here I wouldn't like it either. I don't get the need to single out a person like that and police them. We ALL make mistakes. Even those doing the policing.

Thank you, BoMac.

Let's all get back to the topic and move on...

You mean in the same way that you make comments about American life and politics based on a distorted version you get from Fox News?

Hello Bomac,

So I guess you'd prefer me to rely on news channels like the BBC and Al-Jazeera, right? because everyone knows that they are true paragons of honest journalism.

Israel fakes: BBC Gaza correspondent tweets old photo of dead child killed in Syria

I promise you right now in front of this entire community that if you can prove to me that Fox News has ever deliberately released a story that wasn't true (and they didn't publish a rettraction after), I will from here on in not say one more word about them on this board.....AND I will rethink my attitude towards them.

During this time of crisis, Fox News has been practically the only news channel that has reported fairly about the situation.

In the meantime, here's what happened to us today - half an hour away from my office......

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4309791,00.html

Israel accepting a cease fire now would be exactly like a storekeeper paying protection money to the mob to prevent them from bombing his business. Sure it buys him some peace and quiet but in the end he pays heavilly for it and the thugs keep coming back again and again to take their payment.

What I want is for law enforcement to come and put those thugs away for good. Any agreement which enables Hamas to remain in power and in control is totally unacceptable because we know they will be back....just like cockroaches - you spray and spray but you can't get rid of them. Well, since up to now a can of RAID hasn't worked I guess it's time to send in the exterminators with the big tanks to do the job.
Hamas cannot be allowed to remain where they are - they must be eradicated by any means necessary not only for OUR sake but mainly for the Palestinians who are enduring terrible suffering because of them.

By the way, Remember what I said about if Mexico had targeted NYC? Well, apparently my hero Glenn Beck was thinking the same thing - here's what HE had to say - I humbly ask that you take 5 minutes to listen.

Glenn's special message for Israel - YouTube

AB, did the BBC put this on THEIR Twitter account?

There have been countless stories of FOX lying, and many have been documented in here.

Glenn Beck is a known propagandist and liar. He's a despicable man, he told the Tea Party during the primaries that if they elect Romney then it was about race, and then was forced to lie about the statement once Romney was the GOP candidate.

PLEASE, whatever you do, whatever you believe, do not follow this man. I just don't know what to say anymore, you're going to believe your distortion for it's what you've always known. We pray for your personal safety...

AB, did the BBC put this on THEIR Twitter account?

There have been countless stories of FOX lying, and many have been documented in here.

Glenn Beck is a known propagandist and liar. He's a despicable man, he told the Tea Party during the primaries that if they elect Romney then it was about race, and then was forced to lie about the statement once Romney was the GOP candidate.

PLEASE, whatever you do, whatever you believe, do not follow this man. I just don't know what to say anymore, you're going to believe your distortion for it's what you've always known. We pray for your personal safety...

Hello BVS,

I really and truly appreciate your best wishes.....:hug:

Why is it that when anybody tells the truth about what's happening in Israel they're automatically labeled as being "pro-Israel" and "Distorted"? Glenn Beck has been one of our most loyal supporters and has been here several times to demonstrate his loyalty and support - what's wrong with that? why does that make him a propogandist and a liar?

Both Beck and Oreilly are the epitome of what true journalism should be.

Hello BVS,

I really and truly appreciate your best wishes.....:hug:
I truly mean it.

Why is it that when anybody tells the truth about what's happening in Israel they're automatically labeled as being "pro-Israel" and "Distorted"? Glenn Beck has been one of our most loyal supporters and has been here several times to demonstrate his loyalty and support - what's wrong with that? why does that make him a propogandist and a liar?
Glenn being "pro-Israel" doesn't make him a propogandist, everything he's done in his career makes him one.

Neither of them are journalists. Are they truly what you want, or would you rather have someone tell you the truth?

For example: Yesterday on Glenn's radio show he gave that same speech as you posted earlier, except he dragged it out, when a conservative caller spoke to him and mentioned that he might want to talk about the death toll on the Palestinian side in order to be fair he got hung up on and got mocked. True journalism...:|

:crack:

I think that your views are valuable as somebody who lives there. But I also have good friends in Israel, actually former coworkers who came over to Canada to do their 3-year pediatric fellowships. A couple in Tel Aviv and one in Beit She'an. And their views are very different than yours. Maybe because they lived out here for three years they learned very quickly that Glenn Beck is a joke and potentially a mentally ill man, and O'Reilly is just a pundit, not a journalist.

When these two are the paragon of journalism for you, then I am afraid we will unfortunately not get measured commentary from you. It's unfortunate.

Journalists report on stories and get facts. They interview people and do research.

Neither Beck or O'Reilly do any of this. They just sit in front of a camera and rant and rave. Their facts are based on opinion and are poorly researched. Their interviews are debates where they set out to prove the other one wrong, and in O'Reilly's case, yelling and repeatedly interrupting them.

AB, I do feel sorry that you are living so close to danger and fear like this. But like others have said, I cannot take what you say seriously.

Journalists report on stories and get facts. They interview people and do research.

Neither Beck or O'Reilly do any of this. They just sit in front of a camera and rant and rave. Their facts are based on opinion and are poorly researched. Their interviews are debates where they set out to prove the other one wrong, and in O'Reilly's case, yelling and repeatedly interrupting them.

AB, I do feel sorry that you are living so close to danger and fear like this. But like others have said, I cannot take what you say seriously.

I'm sorry you feel that way - and thanks for your empathy.

Because it's extremely important to me that you get the real story about what's going on here, I would hate for my journalistic preferrences to cause you to have doubts about my objectivity or honesty in what I tell you - so I will just refrain from any mention of Fox News as I see it is a touchy subject.

That being said, let me assure you that anything I post here will be as accurate as it can be and without any bias whatsoever.

AchtungBono said:
That being said, let me assure you that anything I post here will be as accurate as it can be and without any bias whatsoever.
We can all write that, but doing so is something completely different. Facts can be checked, and reality will prevail.

The cease-fire is now in effect. Let's see how long this lasts. :slant:

I'm sorry you feel that way - and thanks for your empathy.

Because it's extremely important to me that you get the real story about what's going on here,

I believe everything you say, write is authentic and true. I don't believe you are making any misrepresentations, from your point of view. I believe you would pass a lie-detector test.

What is the truth about anything?

At this point in time, most Americans would say it was a mistake to go into Iraq and fight that war. They can state their true facts as to why they came to that conclusion. Also, there are those that believe it was the right thing to do, and they can give their true facts to back up that belief.

I think most Israelis would prefer things go back to where they were before this thing blew up. Looking at pictures and videos Israel looks very much like any first world western country.
The clothing, homes, furnishings look very much like what I see here in California.
Because of the potential threat of attacks, I would say the quality of life in Israel is about 90% of what Americans enjoy.
When these attacks happen, I would say the quality of life drops dramatically. I believe the day after 911 all Americans felt 'some-what' at risk. So our quality of life fell, until we felt relatively safe again.

Back
Top Bottom