Roadmap to HELL - One man caught on a barbed wire fence .... - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:30 AM
What sort of libertarian has such little respect for individual rights that they believe a state should annex somebody's property because of their ethnicity?

Perhaps a Christian who believes that God choose a tribe of people to conquer an area of land, and that divine warrant justifies colonial expansion to this day.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
What sort of libertarian has such little respect for individual rights that they believe a state should annex somebody's property because of their ethnicity?

Again, please post some facts from the history of the region.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #273
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:30 PM

You're impossible to talk to...

Old 06-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #274
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Arabs lived on the land before the Jewish people?
Not true.

When did the Jews inhabit the land?
The fact there were Jews there in antiquity is irrelevant.

Arabs lived in the area before Zionism began, and they deserve their property rights.

Native Americans have a much better claim to the land that you live on than Jewish Settlers have to the West Bank.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
The fact there were Jews there in antiquity is irrelevant.

Arabs lived in the area before Zionism began, and they deserve their property rights.

Native Americans have a much better claim to the land that you live on than Jewish Settlers have to the West Bank.

Arabs lived in the area before Zionism began.

Please post the historical fact.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #276
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm not sure what history means to you, but Arabs lived in the area under Ottoman rule before Hertzl started Zionism.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

There are a lot of revolting things here said by the iron horse.

If anyone here had referred to "mythical" or "alleged" Jews, they'd (correctly) be labeled an anti-semite.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #278
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

He's exactly why we need a Department of Education. It scares me that an educator of our children would ever take such a vile website as a reliable source.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Strongbow, I never, ever said that we should not have independent states. I don't believe we should exclude Jews from living there, get rid of Irael, any of that stuff. No. We shouldn't do that. There's no reason to. They can live there just as much as anyone else can. I don't know why you keep making it sound like that's what I think, because it isn't. I wasn't intending on getting into a big thing over the simple word "odd", all I merely meant with that was that given the touchy religious ground there, given the potential for violence and strife that could happen there (and eventually did happen there-again, any peace they did have is wonderful and miraculous, but clearly it didn't last), it just seems odd that people would be willing to risk living there. That's all. It'd be odd for any religious group to plant roots there, because that area seems to be ground zero for a lot of the fights going on, the kind A_Wanderer alluded to. But if Israelis want to live there, fine. Arabs want to live there, fine. Christians want to live there, fine. Just odd that any one of them would choose to stay in a place where there's a strong chance of war and fighting. But that's their choice, they clearly all see something worthwhile about that area (and despite all the turmoil, you could easily find good things to say about that area of the world, too, that would be an argument for living there) so if they want to live there and create their own states, fantastic. I hope it works out. I really do. I want everyone to be able to have their own state, their own place to reside, free of the fear of anyone bothering them.

As for that website...this is a part I found interesting:

Quote:
The modern media is filled with stories about the Palestinians, their plight, their dilemmas and their struggles.
It is? Where? I don't really hear our news media bringing that up on a daily basis, I can tell you that much.

I think the music playing on the site should also perhaps be a tip-off. Makes the whole thing a little creepier.

Angela
Old 06-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:30 PM
Old 06-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #281
Refugee

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
it just seems odd that people would be willing to risk living there. That's all. It'd be odd for any religious group to plant roots there, because that area seems to be ground zero for a lot of the fights going on, the kind A_Wanderer alluded to. But if Israelis want to live there, fine. Arabs want to live there, fine. Christians want to live there, fine. Just odd that any one of them would choose to stay in a place where there's a strong chance of war and fighting.
Angela
But I pointed out that the area was relatively peaceful for hundreds of years. The violence did not start until AFTER the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. In addition, there was a very small population in the area when the Ottoman Empire collapsed, only 700,000 compared to the 12 million that live there today. As for not leaving the area after the violence started, thats not odd, since it is their home.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier

does this sound like progress?

Quote:
Israel easing blockade of Gaza 'except for military items'
By the CNN Wire Staff

Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israel plans to ease its blockade of Gaza, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday following an Israeli Security Cabinet meeting, a step commended by major powers and brushed off by a Palestinian organization and government.

"The government position is that Israel should open all the crossings of Gaza in accordance with 2005 AMA agreement, and end the closure regime," Palestinian government spokesman Ghassan Khatib told CNN.

Tony Blair, envoy for the Middle East Quartet -- the U.S., Russia, the European Union and the United Nations -- said in a statement Israel would publish a list of weapons and war items not permitted into Gaza rather than those permitted, and allow full access of civilian goods.

The Security Cabinet said last week it planned to revamp its policy, paving the way for a vote Sunday.

"This comes as a partial manner due to international pressure but does not meet the minimal needs of the people in Gaza to live in dignity," said Hanan Ashrawi, member of the Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee.

Ashraw said the steps were an improvement but the blockade should be completely lifted and the Israeli occupation ended.

Israel's announcement comes three weeks after ships in Israel's naval blockade sparred with a flotilla of aid ships heading to Gaza. Nine Turkish activists were killed in the incident, which drew international criticism.

Israel's military stopped the flotilla and boarded the ships. Israel says its troops were attacked with knives, metal poles and other objects on one of the boats, and the flotilla passengers say they were fired upon without provocation.

The latest step is among six the Israeli government will begin implementing as soon as possible, including expanding operations at the existing operating land crossings and streamlining the permitting process of international aid groups the government recognizes, the prime minister said.

The naval blockade of Gaza remains in place, and military officials will continue to inspect goods on Gaza-bound ships, Netanyahu said. "Israel will continue to facilitate the expeditious inspection and delivery of goods bound for Gaza through the port of Ashdod."

Blair, who met with Netanyahu on Sunday, said the move should radically change the exchange of goods in the area.

"Plainly there are still issues to be addressed and the test of course will be not what is said, but what is done," Blair said in a statement. "But I welcome strongly this statement of policy and the Office of the Quartet Representative looks forward to working closely with the Government of Israel and other partners on its implementation."

The White House also commended the policy, saying in a statement it will improve conditions for Palestinians in Gaza while preventing the entry of weapons.

"We will work with Israel, the Palestinian Authority, the Quartet and other international partners to ensure these arrangements are implemented as quickly and effectively as possible and to explore additional ways to improve the situation in Gaza, including greater freedom of movement and commerce between Gaza and the West Bank," the statement said. "There is more to be done, and the president looks forward to discussing this new policy, and additional steps, with Prime Minister Netanyahu during his visit to Washington on July 6."

"Over these coming months we therefore need: to improve life in Gaza; continue the growth in the West Bank and the PA development of its institutions for statehood; and ensure that the indirect talks, led by Senator Mitchell, turn into full direct negotiations," Blair said.

The White House said, "there is no need for unnecessary confrontations, and we call on all parties to act responsibly in meeting the needs of the people of Gaza."

Israel, the United States and Blair all called for the release of Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier who has been held in Gaza for nearly four years. "We will redouble our efforts to secure his freedom," Blair said.

Separately, Germany criticized Israeli officials for denying Dirk Niebel, German minister of economic cooperation and development, entry into Gaza.

"The goal of the federal government remains the complete end of the blockade Gaza Strip," German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said in a Sunday statement. "That is not only Germany's stance but also that of our partners in the European Union."

Yigal Palmor, spokesman for the Israeli foreign ministry, said Neibel was not allowed to enter Gaza because "Hamas uses visits of this kind for purposes of manipulation and misrepresentation of international legitimacy and normal relations with the international community."

Israel's policy of denying high-ranking diplomats access to Gaza -- in place since last year's Israeli incursion into Gaza -- has angered European governments which finance various programs in Gaza. Israel made an exception earlier this year, when it allowed United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and Baroness Catherine Ashton, EU foreign policy chief, to visit Gaza.

Israel easing blockade of Gaza 'except for military items' - CNN.com

i guess this is what happens when you implement a common sense policy with Israel.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:30 PM
If anyone gives anything to Palestinian charities, they are accused and charged with aiding terror

and then we have this

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/wo...e.html?_r=1&hp
Old 07-06-2010, 05:11 AM   #284
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
There are more than a million registered charities, and many submit sparse or misleading mission summaries in tax filings. Religious groups have no obligation to divulge their finances, meaning settlements may be receiving sums that cannot be traced.
Don't question the tax exemption. It's for religious purposes. This will bring Jesus back when things heat up
Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The Myth Of The Palestinian People - Op-Eds - Israel National News