Roadmap to HELL - One man caught on a barbed wire fence .... - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
a two-state solution would be a whole lot easier if the present Israeli government were to cease illegal settlement activity.
Exactly.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #257
Refugee

Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
*Sigh* It's odd and risky given the fact that the people who lived there already were protective of their land and because of the whole "holy land" deal. It may make sense to put a country there for those sorts of reasons, but they had to realize that there would be religious skirmishes and land skirmishes from people that were living in that area already, thus there was something of a risk. Whether or not this sort of thing would've happened had Israel been planted anywhere else, I don't know. Probably, I'm sure. But other areas of the world aren't laying claim to any "holy land". That area of the world is. Therefore, whatever happens there is likely to be a little bit more tense.

Angela
But the people who "already live there and are protective of their land INCLUDE Jews! Why would it be less risky and less odd to exclude the Jews from having their own state on land they already privately own?

With the end of the Ottoman Empire the plan that is most logical, fair, and gives the best chance for peace is a plan that allows all of the citizens of the former Ottoman Empire to form independent states. To exclude one or more groups from being able to do that is actually the plan that is both ODD and high risk in terms of starting a conflict. How would blocking the Jews and other citizens of the former Ottoman Empire, from forming a state on land they already privately own, be logical or less risky?

Quote:
I dunno, because throughout history all three religions have had their battles, perhaps? If there was peace during that time, then they were lucky, because history has shown that the three major religions have been fighting for a very, very long time.

And so they separate into individual states. So what? People are still greedy, sometimes their own land isn't enough after a while and they want more, and you can have your own private state and still have a beef with someone over religious stuff or ethnic stuff or whatever else it is they want to argue about.
Then I think you should be able to see that simply preventing the Jews from forming a state in Israel/Palestine is not going to prevent fighting, if anything, it would make it more likely. To deny one group of people their fair right to form a state on land they own, but give all the other groups those rights is certainly an action that would build deep resentment and create a conflict.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #258
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:53 AM
If the Palestinians are indeed a myth, then the real question becomes "Why?" Why invent a fictitious people?

The answer is that the myth of the Palestinian People serves as the justification for Arab occupation of the Land of Israel. While the Arabs already possess 21 sovereign countries of their own (more than any other single people on earth) and control a land mass 800 times the size of the Land of Israel, this is apparently not enough for them.

They therefore feel the need to rob the Jews of their one and only country, one of the smallest on the planet.

Unfortunately, many people ignorant of the history of the region, including much of the world media, are only too willing to help.

The Myth Of The Palestinian People
Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #259
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:53 AM
Your source is the most virulent hate site that I've seen for a while
Quote:
Masada2000 is a California-based Kahanist website created and maintained by people from the United States, Israel, Brazil, and Switzerland. Before 2001 the site was called Zion2000.

The site is named after the Masada fortress in Israel, where, during Jewish Revolt against the Roman Empire, a group known as the Sicarii fought the Romans and committed mass suicide rather than surrender. According to its founders, it was established to counter "professional and deadly serious" websites with anti-Israel views. They also have said that the site will "expose Jews who genuinely despise Israel and the Jewishness it represents" and "'progressive' Jews who are into 'social justice' causes for everyone EXCEPT Israel's Jewish population."

The site refers to Arab citizens of Israel and Palestinians as "cancer" and endorses their expulsion from Israel and the Occupied Territories.
Look at Masada 2000: History & Geography of Israel & Palestine. Also... Zionism, Refugees, PLO, Terrorism, Arab-Israeli Conflict

You're racing for the bottom by citing it.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #260
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
If the Palestinians are indeed a myth, then the real question becomes "Why?" Why invent a fictitious people?

The answer is that the myth of the Palestinian People serves as the justification for Arab occupation of the Land of Israel. While the Arabs already possess 21 sovereign countries of their own (more than any other single people on earth) and control a land mass 800 times the size of the Land of Israel, this is apparently not enough for them.

They therefore feel the need to rob the Jews of their one and only country, one of the smallest on the planet.

Unfortunately, many people ignorant of the history of the region, including much of the world media, are only too willing to help.

The Myth Of The Palestinian People
Do you buy into these horribly biased shitty websites due to your dislike of the Muslim religion?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Do you buy into these horribly biased shitty websites due to your dislike of the Muslim religion?

Please post a quote by me where I have bashed Islam or any religion.

I'm just trying to find the truth and reading history.

What do you buy into?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #262
ONE
love, blood, life

You find truth by reading racist drivel?

You're not much different than a 9/11 "truther" or a holocaust revisionist when you use those sources.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
You find truth by reading racist drivel?

You're not much different than a 9/11 "truther" or a holocaust revisionist when you use those sources.

Your opinion, which is fine. I'm a Libertarian. Express yourself.

But please post any historical facts that dispute what I posted.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #264
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Please post a quote by me where I have bashed Islam or any religion.
You just don't respect any other religion.

Quote:
I'm just trying to find the truth and reading history.
This shit isn't history.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You just don't respect any other religion.

This shit isn't history.

Again, you did not answer the questions.

I'm not here for a fight or to bash anyone.

I only hope that all of us try to search and find the truth.

Take care
Old 06-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #266
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Your opinion, which is fine. I'm a Libertarian. Express yourself.

But please post any historical facts that dispute what I posted.
I'm not going to waste my time refuting articles on websites that promote ethnic cleansing.

Israel doesn't have any right to build those settlements, allowing settlers to flood the area prevents any peace deal, and the religious mindset that drives the horrid affair gets people butchered.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #267
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
I'm not going to waste my time refuting articles on websites that promote ethnic cleansing.

Why not spend some time trying to find out the truth?

And please post where the link I posted suggested ethic cleansing.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
PEACE IS IMPOSSIBLE!
There's No More "Middle" in the Middle East

From the moment the Jewish People re-established sovereignty in their ancient homeland, they sought genuine peace with all of their neighbors. Unfortunately, their neighbors did not wish to share a peaceful existence with them. They, like Bin Ladin today, felt that they had a religious obligation to destroy the non-Arab/Muslim Jewish State (and, for that matter, ALL non-Arab/Moslem governments in the world). The Arab campaign against Israel is rooted not in any negotiable grievances but in a basic opposition to the very existence of Jewish sovereignty in what they perceive as THEIR Middle East! The ultimate intent of the Arabs is to separate out a Jewish history from "Palestine"... and then to separate Israel from the face of the Earth.
Quote:
You can’t teach a monkey to speak and you can’t teach an Arab to be democratic. You’re dealing with a culture of thieves and robbers. Muhammad, their prophet, was a robber and a killer and a liar. The Arab destroys everything he touches!
History & Geography of Israel & Palestine. Also... Zionism, Refugees, PLO, Terrorism, Arab-Israeli Conflict

The article you posted denied the existence of any Palestinian Arab people - that is pure is propaganda for a one state solution. Arabs lived on the land before the formation of Israel and the land in the West Bank and Gaza wasn't part of Israel when it was founded.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie

[QUOTE=A_Wanderer;6799069]History & Geography of Israel & Palestine. Also... Zionism, Refugees, PLO, Terrorism, Arab-Israeli Conflict

The article you posted denied the existence of any Palestinian Arab people - that is pure is propaganda for a one state solution. Arabs lived on the land before the formation of Israel and the land in the West Bank and Gaza wasn't part of Israel when it was founded.[/QUO

Arabs lived on the land before the Jewish people?
Not true.

When did the Jews inhabit the land?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #270
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I only hope that all of us try to search and find the truth.

Take care
You've made the myth of a Palestinian State thread before, as soon as someone came in with information that didn't fall into your warped belief you ran away. So don't preach to us about finding the truth.

Anyone who fell for that crap website really isn't worth trying to discuss this topic because no one with any decency or any real knowledge would fall for that drivel.