Roadmap to HELL - One man caught on a barbed wire fence .... - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Few IF ANY, kinda made me think you didn't believe they exist.

Well you'll have to ask them they scare me too much...
Hold on, we were talking about Irvine's claim that christians in general get sexual pleasure from killing muslims. Thats not the same thing as believing that the US is in a war with a particular religion. I certainly acknowledge that there are Christians that feel that way, but their in the minority.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #137
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Hold on, we were talking about Irvine's claim that christians in general get sexual pleasure from killing muslims. Thats not the same thing as believing that the US is in a war with a particular religion. I certainly acknowledge that there are Christians that feel that way, but their in the minority.
Yes, but I didn't read Irvine's post, I quoted yours and commented only on that, yours said nothing about sexual pleasure. Yes there are those that get pleasure from killing the enemy, and in their eyes it's Muslims. Period.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #138
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Bill Maher mentioned the same theory stated in your article you shared there, Irvine. It certainly seems the logical reason. It's a sick, stupid reason to support somebody, but it's not at all surprising.

Yeah, it's just SO exciting! Never mind the untold amounts of bloodshed and horror and subjugation that'll occur during this time, who cares about that...we get to (maybe) see Jesus again !

Yeeeeeeeeesh, that stuff mentioned in the article makes my skin crawl. Those people are equally as terrifying to me as the extremist Muslims are. I wouldn't take my chances with either of them. Read that article Irvine shared, Strongbow...it would not surprise me at all, it almost does sound like a disturbing sexual thrill to them. They get REALLY "excited" about this stuff, if you get my drift.

Watching this whole debacle go on makes me fully understand and appreciate the view of atheists.

Angela
Well, to state that in general, the 242 million christians in the United States get sexual pleasure from killing muslims is absurd. Bill Maher is an anti-religious bigot, so if he feels the same way, thats not surprising.

As for Atheist, lets not forget that some of them have been responsible for the worst mass murders in history as well as government laws that are far more discriminatory towards gay and lesbians than anything seen in the United States today. Just look at the SOVIET UNION.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #139
Refugee

Quote:
Yes, but I didn't read Irvine's post, I quoted yours and commented only on that, yours said nothing about sexual pleasure. Yes there are those that get pleasure from killing the enemy, and in their eyes it's Muslims. Period.
Do the folks you know get "pleasure" from killing muslims?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Well, to state that in general, the 242 million christians in the United States get sexual pleasure from killing muslims is absurd. Bill Maher is an anti-religious bigot, so if he feels the same way, thats not surprising.
...uh, nobody said that every single Christian feels that way-who on earth said that? Of course the majority of Christians don't. I'm fully aware of that, and immensely happy that that is true. We were talking about a small portion of Christians, the uber-religious right ones. Those are the ones who get some sort of sick thrill from all this.

And as for Bill Maher, I just mentioned that he would agree with the article, is all. Yes, he's virulently anti-religion, and while I don't always agree with his thoughts on religious people, at the same time, I see things like what's going on with Israel and Palestine, I read that article of Irvine's, I hear about the pedophile priests, and I have to think he's got something of a point.

Quote:
As for Atheist, lets not forget that some of them have been responsible for the worst mass murders in history as well as government laws that are far more discriminatory towards gay and lesbians than anything seen in the United States today. Just look at the SOVIET UNION.
Okay, and...? Most atheists around TODAY don't think that way. I just meant that I understand why some people stop being religious, is all . I'm not saying I agree with every single thing atheists have ever done or believed as a result.

Angela
Old 06-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #141
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Do the folks you know get "pleasure" from killing muslims?
Yes. Just like folks got pleasure from knowing nazis were being killed. Human's are a very bloodlustful species, we try to deny it but many get pleasure(doesn't have to be sexual) from knowing someone got the death penalty, or that the enemy is killed.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #142
Refugee

Quote:
Yes. Just like folks got pleasure from knowing nazis were being killed. Human's are a very bloodlustful species, we try to deny it but many get pleasure(doesn't have to be sexual) from knowing someone got the death penalty, or that the enemy is killed.
So they get excited when Muslims in their community are killed in accidents?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #143
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
...uh, nobody said that every single Christian feels that way-who on earth said that?
Angela
From Irvine:

Quote:
i find it so ironic that conservative Christians --generally, US Christians -- after kicking the shit out of the Jews for, like, 1000 years or whatever, are now all reverent about "the Jewish people."
Old 06-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I think what Irvine meant by that was that generally conservative Christians are to be found most often in the U.S. Note the specific mention of "conservative Christians" before the part you put in bold.

Angela
Old 06-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #145
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Yes, but I didn't read Irvine's post.

neither did someone else. because he's clearly trying to make the argument about an off handed remark rather than about the actual issue, which is that America's unblinking backing of Israel is due less to AIPAC money and more to do with evangelical Christian money.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:29 PM
and the backlash begins

US high school ends 'Beat the Jew' game -
Old 06-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #147
Refugee

Local Time: 02:29 AM
RealClearPolitics - The Trouble With Confronting Terrorists

Quote:
The Trouble With Confronting Terrorists
By Susan Estrich

Since Hamas took over in Gaza in 2007, Israel has attempted to enforce a blockade. No one doubts that hardships have resulted - but not enough hardships for Hamas to renounce its commitment to terror or to the destruction of the state of Israel.

Hamas likes to trumpet its humanitarian works - its hospitals and health care centers. But Hamas is also a terrorist organization, according to our own government, as well as Israel's. Hamas targets civilians in Israel, claims credit for suicide bombings, and kills soldiers and civilians alike.

If Hamas were to renounce terror, if it were to limit its "governance" to schools and hospitals, there would be no need for a boycott and no shortage of the kinds of supplies the latest flotilla claimed to be bringing.

But Israel has every right to protect itself against those who would destroy it. It has every right, at least, to ensure that humanitarian aid is just that; that it does not include materials to be used to kill innocent Israelis.

That doesn't mean its military should have killed nine activists, who died as a result of Israel taking control of the flotilla headed to Gaza. That was not part of the plan. It was not supposed to happen. And it has obviously exposed Israel to condemnation it doesn't need and has strained relationships that are important to both its security and its economy.

But Israel did not intend to kill the activists. The truth is that Israel sent too few commandos to do the job, not too many; that they did not expect resistance and were too few in number to deal with it without resorting to deadly force.

It seems the Israeli military, which is usually a model for the world, wasn't a model this time. They underestimated the opposition, weren't prepared to handle it and ended up resorting to deadly force in a situation that should have been handled without it.

There is already internal criticism in Israel for these mistakes. Without question, there will be investigations into what went wrong and why. Mistakes were made, however clear it is, even in the grainy pictures, that the Israeli commandos faced resistance.

But has this ever happened with respect to operations conducted by American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan? Have civilians - not even "activists" aimed at confrontation - ever been killed because Americans faced more resistance than they expected with fewer troops than they needed to deal with it? Of course. Does the world gather round to condemn us? Should it?

One can look at much of the recent history of the Iraq war as an example of such military miscalculation at the outset, of an invasion with too few troops to do the job, which caused both military and civilian casualties. Wasn't that the argument for the surge? We learned the hard way.

I am sorry for the hardships faced by innocent Palestinians because of the blockade. But that is the doing of Hamas. Elect a government that condemns terror rather than sponsors and supports it, and the hardships would stop. Even now, Israel has said that it is willing to deliver the aid being sent to Gaza - provided that it is aid.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #148
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Israel has a right to defend itself, that right does not extend to amounting an illegal blockade and collective punishment on the Gazans and it certainly does not extend to boarding a ship in international water and shooting civilians in the head and multiple times from close range.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Why does this terrificly lame argument keep reoccurring?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #150
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
Why does this terrificly lame argument keep reoccurring?
Its not an argument, its just a basic fact. Yes, there are Atheist that have killed people before and no, not all discrimination against gay people is religiously based.