RIP Saddam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP.

The man may have disrespected the lives of many thousands, but may we not stoop to his level and disrespect him. Justin, for me, this is part of my "do unto others" philosophy. I wouldn't want others shitting on me when I die, so I won't shit on Saddam even though I will condemn his acts as heinous.

though it does seem Dreadsox is giving Saddam more respect than he did Gerald Ford :hmm:

im not sure why we need multiple threads about something that hasnt even happened yet.

How about lets not give this bastard the attention he craves.

( saddam i mean )

U2Man said:
im not sure why we need multiple threads about something that hasnt even happened yet.

It has happened.....10 minutes ago.

I have much less respect for Saddam than Gerald Ford.:mad:

The other thread can be the debate thread. This is the RIP thread.

well, i do hope he has found peace, where ever he is. such a man can only have unknown and vast inner turmoil and loathing for himself and others.

I feel sick. I don't care what he did or how much of a fuckwit he was; I feel sick whenever anyone's life is cut short prematurely. I too hope he has found the peace he evidently had not found in life.

I think It would be better if he spent end of life on jail ..... Death was too easy and quick for what he did ....

And Yeah it's sickening 2 , and u just put on News Channel and there is Saddam Executed , it's just weird and sickening

I mean it's not a game , it's almost as if a hang was broadcasted

Somehow it was all too fast. To me, it is so surreal... they just said, "Sadaam was executed". Too quick. I rather him rot in prison for the rest of his life for his actions instead of quickly hung.

Diemen said:

Justin, sometimes you need to learn how to let things drop.

No kidding.

I've been watching all the action here about this topic. I think everyone is aware what certain people's opinions are on this by this stage.

Bye bye Saddam, hell why not have a RIP thread then for all those who have commited such crimes?

I don't see how we can create a thread on showing the Butcher of Baghdad respect?

May you burn in Hell.

Justin24 said:
Bye bye Saddam, hell why not have a RIP thread then for all those who have commited such crimes?

I don't see how we can create a thread on showing the Butcher of Baghdad respect?

May you burn in Hell.

Did you read any of the posts?

This isn't about what he did, this is about the loss of a human life.

But that's what many of us have been trying to tell you for days.

So what you obviously care about his, do you care about the millions of other people around the world who die?

Justin24 said:
So what you obviously care about his, do you care about the millions of other people around the world who die?

Why do you even need to ask? Is it not self-evident that we do by our very attitudes towards human life?

I seriously give up on you all like you do to me sometimes. Poor Saddam, I say we buy a plane ticket and pay our last respects to a Fellow Human being that killed and Gassed hundreds of thousands of people, and while were at it, lets go to Hitlers grave and say, you may have blown your brain out, but if you went on trial in Nuremburg, we would support you in not getting the Death Penalty.:up:

Justin24 said:

Bite me.

How dare you accuse me of something like this?

I have a right mind to tear you a new asshole right now, but I'd really like to see what you have to say to my post in the other thread, where I made you look totally silly.

I could care less. I don't believe in your God. I was just using your own religious scripture to show you how un-Christian your attitude is.

Well I am going to sleep. You all have a safe good night and God Bless. No hard feelings. Sorry if I came on as an ass but my blood boils cause of this.

Ok, let's end this now in this thread. This is the RIP thread. You are entitled to your opinions, but I believe it is fairly obvious that this is not the thread for what is being posted.

And I know some of you know there's another thread to do so in.

I do kind of have a sadness in me for this. I'd rather it not be a hanging for sure. Granted, we all know his past, but a hanging...seems so low. I have not watched a minute of any newscast on this tonight, and I will not search for this on Youtube. I know he was NOT a good leader. But we are talking about a death and for all purposes, do show those who want to post here some respect too.

When it comes down to it, he was a human, just like everyone else. And for that human, and for the people who cared for him, I do feel a certain sadness.

An execution, no matter how legally or "humanely" carried out, is horrifying to me and must also be to the executed. I can't help but feel for anyone who goes through that.

To think that anyone gets pleasure from this makes me ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom