Right America: Feeling Wronged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want to pretend that racism only exists in whites then you might be safe in saying there isn't as much in the cities.

No one has pretended this one bit in here. But still once again you are missing the premise.

No one has said there is less racism in the city, just less of the very open "I won't vote for a ******" type of racism like you see in the video.

There is plenty of that in the cities.

You honestly think if you go to New York, Chicago, Dallas etc you would find the same percentage of folks who are willing to admit they wouldn't vote for a person because they are black ON TV?

You must be living in some of the cities I've missed in my travels...

I think if I found enough of them and put together a video people would make assumptions based on that small percentage.

I think if I found enough of them and put together a video people would make assumptions based on that small percentage.

Ok, again you are missing the point...

You're trying to claim it's the same, now you are saying it's a small percentage.

I'm telling you from first hand experience you can go to small towns or backwoods in the South and see this very openly racist talk without a sense of shame in a suprisingly sizeable percentage.

I honestly do not think you could possibly find that same percentage in any city in America. You will still find a sizeable percentage of racism, but not those willing to admit it to the nation. I think that's the point that is trying to be made, to be honest I don't really understand why this point is so hard for some to understand.

If anything I'd say small town folks are just more openly honest. These stories seem to happen in the city though.

Brothers beaten after attackers thought they were gay | News Story on 365gay.com

Wow, you're exhausting...

You're still not getting it, I'm not sure if you are purposely being obtuse or what...

Sure, call it honesty, give racism a good spin. :|

I think the big difference, and even admitted in the video that sparked this whole debate is that it's still acceptable in these areas vs cities, therefore there's less consequence of being open about your racism. That's the whole point. PERIOD.

As far as your link, that's a whole different can of worms that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand, except that they are both bigotries. You may want to try and avoid derailing topics as much as you do...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

That's a great rule to live by...

Do you think that down playing the results of oppression by saying "we were all slaves at some time" falls into this rule?

How far would you have to go back to trace your slave lineage? How far would you have to go back to a time when your family had to enter a theater from the back? How far would you have to go to remember a time when your color of skin was being questioned suitable for the white house?

You still want to pretend it's the same? That you have it just as hard as someone else when it comes to racism...

That's a great rule to live by...

Do you think that down playing the results of oppression by saying "we were all slaves at some time" falls into this rule?

How far would you have to go back to trace your slave lineage? How far would you have to go back to a time when your family had to enter a theater from the back? How far would you have to go to remember a time when your color of skin was being questioned suitable for the white house?

You still want to pretend it's the same? That you have it just as hard as someone else when it comes to racism...

human

I like to imagine a world, far in the future, where everyone ends up having the same skin color. Of course, we'll probably find something to frown upon. Wrong eye color? To short? To hairy?

Ya' gotta love it!

Back
Top Bottom