Rick Warren Appeals For Donations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a few questions about this post:

1. Why is "Gays" capitalized?

2. Is Uganda executing gays or are they ceasing gay laws?

3. If they are ceasing gay laws, is "gay" being used as a synonym for homosexuals or as a pejorative term?

4. Who cares if a church asks for more money? The YMCA asked me for more money when I walked in this morning and I've got about 15 letters from non-prof organizations on my desk right now. It's pretty standard.

"Execution of Gays Law" that's the noun.

Either you missed my joke about the gays or you didn't think it was funny. Either way I'm saddened.

If I'm reading the article that you posted correctly, they're asking for more money because they've increased spending to help those who have lost jobs. I've no problem with that. I wish more community organizations were stepping up and trying to lend a helping hand to families in crisis.

A friend of mine who was laid off a few months ago just told me that the church he attends has been helping him make up the difference in their budget. I think we'd all have a much better opinion of the church if they did more of that.

Apparently it worked. I just read that since the appeal, the church has brought in 2.4 million.

If I'm reading the article that you posted correctly, they're asking for more money because they've increased spending to help those who have lost jobs. I've no problem with that. I wish more community organizations were stepping up and trying to lend a helping hand to families in crisis.

A friend of mine who was laid off a few months ago just told me that the church he attends has been helping him make up the difference in their budget. I think we'd all have a much better opinion of the church if they did more of that.

:up:

I recall a church once passing the buckets and the pastor saying "put some in, but if you need some, feel free to take some out." I liked that.

Back
Top Bottom