Republican Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So tell me, Senator McCain, these pork barrel spending bills:

Would you veto a bill supported by your VP? (here's looking at you, Bridge to Nowhere)

It's rather smart actually. Palin can say all the outrageous accusations, while McCain is the nice guy who respects Obama and his accomplishments.

It's rather smart actually. Palin can say all the outrageous accusations, while McCain is the nice guy who respects Obama and his accomplishments.

it's just totally schizophrenic.

but i guess we all are in this ADD world?

"change is coming!" -- eh?

like, there's no coherency here. who means what?

Those protesters are really classless to do it during the speech, in the arena. It's lame, disruptive and only hurts their cause.

well, we're getting the McCain that everyone used to love.

so now we see just what a gimmick Palin was. he gets to try to be himself, and she's a bone tossed to the rabid dogs of the base.

maybe it will work? :shrug:

he's appealing to the independents tonight, at least so far.

gosh, this sounds like an Obama speech, only not as good.

Interesting to see that he's talking about a government that allows people to make choices when just a second ago he referred to the culture of life, aka "no choice on abortion."

now he's naming individual people who've been battered by the last 8 years, and yet he's so glad Bush is president?

i feel McCain's pain.

Honestly, I'm not that impressed by him, at all. Obviously, I disagree with him on everything, so I'm certainly not going to be salivating over it, but, he can't try to turn back into the John McCain of yesteryear overnight without anyone noticing. It just seems like a political ploy to try to galvanize independents, which weren't coming on board because of Palin. He can't seem to make up his mind of who he's going to pander to.

Honestly, I'm not that impressed by him, at all. Obviously, I disagree with him on everything, so I'm certainly not going to be salivating over it, but, he can't try to turn back into the John McCain of yesteryear overnight without anyone noticing. It just seems like a political ploy to try to galvanize independents, which weren't coming on board because of Palin. He can't seem to make up his mind of who he's going to pander to.

perhaps he learned the all important lesson... you need to get the nomination first, then you can tell them all that they're a bunch of douchebags.

Back
Top Bottom