Republican Convention Thread - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #631
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 12:20 AM
His own running mate does not think he has the experience to be President. I guess running a campaign really does give you the experience....at least according to Biden. Flip-flopping for his own personal gain! Just the kind of guy I want leading our country!

__________________

__________________
TheEdge U2JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #632
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
she's not after that office.

detecting hostility here.

<>



but the number 1 job description to be a VP is to be able to assume the presidency should the president become incapacitated.

are you saying John McCain showed poor judgment when he selected her?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 AM   #633
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
But the guy that is after that office is 72 years old and has several known serious health issues. The reason why Palin's qualifications for president are important comes down to three words:

HE COULD DIE.

I think you knew that.
I have asked people what they think the odds of McCain lasting 4 years are?

I think it is at least 90%

Look at his mother.

What do you think the odds are?
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 AM   #634
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
His own running mate does not think he has the experience to be President. I guess running a campaign really does give you the experience....at least according to Biden. Flip-flopping for his own personal gain! Just the kind of guy I want leading our country!


but by picking Palin,

McCain has told everyone that experience doesn't matter at all.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #635
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I have asked people what they think the odds of McCain lasting 4 years are?

I think it is at least 90%

Look at his mother.

What do you think the odds are?


this from someone who put forth the idea that we shouldn't elect Obama because he's black and more likely to be assassinated and the country shouldn't have to go through that (how selfish of him) and so we should vote white?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #636
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
And Obama took a trip to Europe last month! Woo Hoo! I guess that makes him an expert on foreign affairs.

McCain blows away Obama's experience and knowledge. Its not hard with his O's blank resume. McCain knows the foreign policy and Palin can address the domestic issues like energy. An area of such success is in AK where she was able to give money back, YES BACK, to the people of AK due to her policies and success. O's talks a good game but it is just talk. McCain and Palin have proven records. Proof of success. Not baseless promises.
No one said Obama is an expert, but Palin hasn't shown any INTEREST in foreign affairs. And why would we want Palin to address energy? Wonder where her interest lie?

McCain's foreign affairs resume is extensive, but extremely inconsistent, and right now he comes off as someone who is far too willing to invade without consideration...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #637
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
this from someone who put forth the idea that we shouldn't elect Obama because he's black and more likely to be assassinated and the country shouldn't have to go through that (how selfish of him) and so we should vote white?
i believe I wrote that
in response to an equally silly post
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 AM   #638
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
His own running mate does not think he has the experience to be President. I guess running a campaign really does give you the experience....at least according to Biden.
Apparently you haven't seen all the quotes of McCain's primary opponents that now stood on stage and endorsed him, or the quotes from Palin not knowing what the role of the VP was...

Let alone the fact that Bush did everything to destroy him...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #639
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
No one said Obama is an expert, but Palin hasn't shown any INTEREST in foreign affairs. And why would we want Palin to address energy? Wonder where her interest lie?

McCain's foreign affairs resume is extensive, but extremely inconsistent, and right now he comes off as someone who is far too willing to invade without consideration...
Are you questioning Palin integrity regarding energy? A person who took on her own party for that very reason. She has stood up to corruption. I dont see how you can question that with her record.

What is your proof of his being, "willing to invade without consideration?

What about opposed to O's willingness to talk to terrorists without precondition?
__________________
TheEdge U2JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #640
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I have asked people what they think the odds of McCain lasting 4 years are?

I think it is at least 90%

Look at his mother.

What do you think the odds are?

His mother his healthier than he is...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #641
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Apparently you haven't seen all the quotes of McCain's primary opponents that now stood on stage and endorsed him, or the quotes from Palin not knowing what the role of the VP was...

Let alone the fact that Bush did everything to destroy him...
Like?
__________________
TheEdge U2JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #642
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I have asked people what they think the odds of McCain lasting 4 years are?

I think it is at least 90%

Look at his mother.

What do you think the odds are?
Interesting. Was his mother subjected to torture*, mistreatment & malnutrition for several years, all while confined to a small prison cell? Does his mother have a history of recurring cancer?




*Up for debate under the Bush administration
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:13 AM   #643
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
Are you questioning Palin integrity regarding energy? A person who took on her own party for that very reason. She has stood up to corruption. I dont see how you can question that with her record.
Ahem.

Quote:
Originally posted by me
So was Palin's initial backing of the Bridge to Nowhere evidence of her success and standing up to corruption? Or her hiring of a lobbyist to travel with her to Washington to secure over $27 million in earmarks for a town with a population of 9,000? Or how about how in her 2 years as governor she has requested the largest per-capita special federal spending budget in the nation? (party of limited government??)
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #644
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Ahem.
What is wrong with requesting Federal funding? What did I miss?

It would help if you get the story in the Bridge correct. Very Obama of you... twist away
__________________
TheEdge U2JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #645
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
What is wrong with requesting Federal funding? What did I miss?


earmarks.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com