Republican Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What did all that USA USA thing and the greatest country on earth have anything to do with why we should elect John McCain. :scratch:

Huckabee

with his Preacher back ground
and Southern heritage

can pull off that populace style of speaking, pretty well.

If Huckabee wouldn't set our country back 50 years, I'd love that guy. Seriously, he cracks me up. They should give him his own show on Comedy Central after The Daily Show and Colbert.

Huckabee

just got off a good line

Palin got more votes when she ran for Mayor

than Biden got when he ran for President.

Can we start a drinking game? :hyper:

Let's take a shot every time someone mention's John McCain's heroism in combat? :drunk:

Huckabee's "schooldesk" story sounds like an email forward that also talks about angels and kids with cancer. :huh:

As far as watching political television goes, it is pretty grueling watching these people speak one after another...two CEOs who didn't inspire me a bit, Romney in his permanent state of foaming at the mouth against the left, Huckabee, and we still have noun-verb-911 Guiliani and Palin, who I have no idea what to expect from, to go. This will be the toughest night of the convention.

And if you watched it on MSNBC, Olbermann just shot a gaping hole in that lie.

Biden got 30,000 votes in his presidential run in 2008.

The population of Wasilla is 5,469. (Wasilla Population and Demographics (Wasilla, AK))

I am sure Olbermann also corrected him
and said he must have meant Governor of the tiny state, Alaska.

Palin got 115,000 votes to Biden's 30,000 running for President.

Gosh, isn't Bristol Palin so motherly! :love:

To complain that families should be off-limits and to be outraged that the pregnancy bit is a scandal.....

...And then to feature Bristol Palin sitting right next to Cindy McCain, flanked by her "fiance," and holding a baby. :tsk:

For shame.

I am sure Olbermann also corrected him
and said he must have meant Governor of the tiny state, Alaska.

Palin got 115,000 votes to Biden's 30,000 running for President.

Nope. I doubt Olbermann wants to be Huckabee's version of McCain's Joe Lieberman. :wink:

nosferatu2-2.JPG

Rudy !
Rudy !
Rudy !

USA !
USA !
USA !

any predictions?

she won't flop. the crowd will go nuts. every GOP commentator will pant at how she hit it out of the park. we'll get a Karen Hughes/Karl Rove moment like after debate #2 where W managed not to swallow his own tongue and the two of them ran down the hallway and high 5'd each other in order to set the tone. the Republicans will positively glow with happiness after her speech.

objectively, i'm sure she'll be fine. i'm sure she's totally competent. she has a very, very sympathetic crowd who wants media blood. and she has to effectively read a speech written mostly for her from a teleprompter.

there might be a bump because she'll finally speak after 5 days of near insanity and become human.

but then the sobering reality of this gimmick pick will set in over the next few weeks or so.

my question: are the Republicans going to offer any specifics about John McCain other than the fact that, yes, he's a POW?

Back
Top Bottom