Republican Convention Thread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #511
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:27 PM
I preferred his speech to Palin's, and yes, I'm keeping in mind the purpose each has. He did his speech better. I may not agree with him, but it wasn't bad.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #512
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
When Obama's campaign 1st responds to Palin's selection,they ONLY talked about her as a "mayor of a town of 9000." Then earlier this week Obama tried to sell that his running of a campaign with 2500 people and its large budget was more executive experience than that of Palin. However,again, he described her work as a Mayor overseeing 25 people and a budget of 11 million, not as the Governor of Alaska.

The fact is they are afraid to speak about her as Governor because it only serves to show that Obama has no executive experience and has done absolutely nothing for his entire political career. Unless 100's of votes of "present" in the IL state legislature is considered some great achievement by those on the left.


so how did you feel about McCain's speech where he just repudiated the last 8 years?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #513
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
so, at the end of the day
will there be a McCain /Palin bounce, that will manifest about this time next week?

since I like to handicap

I will say, yes

what do all you unbiased Obama supporters think?
It would be nice if you weren't so smugly sarcastic.

There should be a bounce. I don't think a huge one, but definitely something we can see.
__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #514
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
When Obama's campaign 1st responds to Palin's selection,they ONLY talked about her as a "mayor of a town of 9000." Then earlier this week Obama tried to sell that his running of a campaign with 2500 people and its large budget was more executive experience than that of Palin. However,again, he described her work as a Mayor overseeing 25 people and a budget of 11 million, not as the Governor of Alaska.

The fact is they are afraid to speak about her as Governor because it only serves to show that Obama has no executive experience and has done absolutely nothing for his entire political career. Unless 100's of votes of "present" in the IL state legislature is considered some great achievement by those on the left.
Brother Chedge,

My my this is a surprise.



<>
__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #515
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
When Obama's campaign 1st responds to Palin's selection,they ONLY talked about her as a "mayor of a town of 9000."
So then I assume you were OUTRAGED when Karl Rove derided Tim Kaine for being a mayor of a town of 200,000 people and a Governor for "only" 3 years?
__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #516
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Still, when it comes down to it, Obama is just a better candidate than McCain. Experience this, experience that, bla bla ... bottom line? I don't like his stances.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #517
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Really? Obama has attacked Palin's experience?
Not as much attacked but belittled her Mayoral experience and ignored her 2 years as Governor of an important energy state. He can pretend all he wants that he bring more to the table but both McCain and Palin have, individually, done more than he has and as a team them, they leave him far behind.
__________________
TheEdge U2JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #518
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Obama is the future.

McCain is the past.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #519
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
Not as much attacked but belittled her Mayoral experience and ignored her 2 years as Governor of an important energy state. He can pretend all he wants that he bring more to the table but both McCain and Palin have, individually, done more than he has and as a team them, they leave him far behind.

by these standards, she's done much more than McCain.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #520
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 09:27 PM
the idea of a mccain white house... the REAL mccain... a joe lieberman sec/state... tom ridge sec/def... a bunch of moderate republicans... a few democrats sprinkled in... a hardcore right winger in some unimportant position just to keep the douchebags quiet... a mike bloomberg secretary of the treasury (ok a man can dream)... it all sounds very very appealing to me.

i still have only a mild belief that he's gonna win... but yea, it would be nice.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #521
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Brother Chedge,

My my this is a surprise.



<>
What? That I'm telling the truth of the actions of Obama and his camp? facts are facts..like it or not.
__________________
TheEdge U2JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #522
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It would be nice if you weren't so smugly sarcastic.

There should be a bounce. I don't think a huge one, but definitely something we can see.
What qualifies for you to be something we can see?

About 6 ?


Now 10, would qualify as huge.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #523
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i agree.

it makes Palin look so vile.
WRONG AGAIN. Geez, your wrong MOST of the time aren't you.

If McCain loses in November it'll be Palin running (and possibly winning) in 2012!!!
__________________
Harry Vest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #524
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:27 PM
I like the REAL McCain. I don't like the 2008 McCain nearly as much.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #525
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
the idea of a mccain white house... the REAL mccain... a joe lieberman sec/state... tom ridge sec/def... a bunch of moderate republicans... a few democrats sprinkled in... a hardcore right winger in some unimportant position just to keep the douchebags quiet... a mike bloomberg secretary of the treasury (ok a man can dream)... it all sounds very very appealing to me.


i hear the sound of 40 million unborn babies crying.

that's why you'll never get this.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com