Republican Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it's not a good argument for the statement "I have more executive experience than Palin", but it's a valid argument for the statement "I have some executive experience". A presidential campaign is a business, and he's been running it for what will be nearly two years when all is said and done, and it's been highly successful thus far. That doesn't necessarily mean he has more executive experience than Palin, but it does mean that the claims that he has NO executive experience is false.

All of that said, I, of course, don't put much importance on the experience argument to begin with.

Its pretty sad when you have to talk about running your campaign to give you any kind of executive experience. 1st it offset by the same experience that you opponent is getting 2nd, and more important, with Campaign managers and staff, he is not running things as much as having them run for him.

You're right. Even though we're on different sides. It baffles my mind that alot of the so called Democrats can't see past their blind party affiliations. No wonder Bush/Cheney got eight years.

I get what you're trying to say, and I still think you're wrong.

I think who Democrats are afraid of are their fellow Americans. They were fooled by the superficial appearance of the Bush campaigns in 00 and 04, and if I had to guess, I'd say that if they're afraid of anything, it's that they'll again not see the lack of substance, that they'll focus instead on the "ooh, PTA member, mayor, governor, mother of 5" story, and be dazzled by that. So, by donating to Obama, they're giving him the tools to hopefully dispel that, and prevent that from happening again.

But is Palin herself making most Dems quake in their boots? No. She's not substantial enough to do that.

Its pretty sad when you have to talk about running your campaign to give you any kind of executive experience. 1st it offset by the same experience that you opponent is getting 2nd, and more important, with Campaign managers and staff, he is not running things as much as having them run for him.

again, John McCain has no executive experience either.

I get what you're trying to say, and I still think you're wrong.

I think who Democrats are afraid of are their fellow Americans. They were fooled by the superficial appearance of the Bush campaigns in 00 and 04, and if I had to guess, I'd say that if they're afraid of anything, it's that they'll again not see the lack of substance, that they'll focus instead on the "ooh, PTA member, mayor, governor, mother of 5" story, and be dazzled by that. So, by donating to Obama, they're giving him the tools to hopefully dispel that, and prevent that from happening again.

But is Palin herself making most Dems quake in their boots? No. She's not substantial enough to do that.

I agree...

he has demonestrated more leadership, courage and idependent thinking than either sen o or joe.

<>

but i thought executive experience was incredibly important. i mean, Sarah Palin has 18 months of it, so therefore she's the most qualified woman person in the republican party.

show me o's first, after all he is seeking to lead the troops, not her-altho she has done that one already in her state.

omg, are you really bringing up the Alaska national guard thing? do you really want to go there?

anyway, you can go visit Barack's website yourself.

again: please show me what Palin's opinions on Iraq, Iran, Russia, Georgia, North Korea, Sudan, etc.

you can you not do it because THEY DON'T EXIST BECAUSE SHE HAS NO RECORD OF ANY INTEREST IN FOREIGN AFFAIRS.

here's the view from the darkest parts of the Republican base, Ms. Michelle Malkin:
My bottom line on the speech:

McCain is McCain. He was who he’s always been tonight: a war hero with an unabashed love of country who acknowledges his flaws, gives too much benefit of the doubt to his political opponents, and bends over backwards to reach out to the other side of the aisle in misguidedly mistaking partisanship for evil. But he’s also a man who has taken many risks, desires victory over surrender in the War on Terror, and, after dissing the GOP base time and again, stands beside a vice presidential nominee who breathes new life and hope into grass-roots, outside-the-Beltway conservatism.

vote Palin.

Also, I'd just like to say that despite the sentimental tone in here for McCain this evening, you have to remember that he was aware of the mean-spirited content of all the other speeches at the convention, and as such, at the very least, implicitly approved of them. So the tone of his speech tonight? Purely political on his part.

Also, I'd just like to say that despite the sentimental tone in here for McCain this evening, you have to remember that he was aware of the mean-spirited content of all the other speeches at the convention, and as such, at the very least, implicitly approved of them. So the tone of his speech tonight? Purely political on his part.

Fair enough, but same for the DNC. I don't want to see any posts in here saying how tame Obama's speech was, and how he rose above partisanship when the convention was a bash Bush and McCain fest.

Fair enough, but same for the DNC. I don't want to see any posts in here saying how tame Obama's speech was, and how he rose above partisanship when the convention was a bash Bush and McCain fest.

Oh, I'm not denying that. Politics is an inherently dirty game, and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. Some are just dirtier than others.

But you're ignoring something important. Yes, the DNC featured a lot of bashing of Bush and McCain - but Bush and McCain the politicians, not Bush and McCain the men. This holds especially true for McCain.

Obama, Biden, and all of the other major speakers at the DNC bent over backwards to separate man from politician: "John McCain is a good man", "John McCain is my friend, he's been my friend for x years", etc.

They bashed his political stances/philosophies a lot, but there were NOT any personal attacks of the nasty, mocking, mean-spirited schoolyard bully mentality that has been present this entire RNC. Especially last night.

Or, what namkcur said. :wink:

But you're ignoring something important. Yes, the DNC featured a lot of bashing of Bush and McCain - but Bush and McCain the politicians, not Bush and McCain the men. This holds especially true for McCain.

Obama, Biden, and all of the other major speakers at the DNC bent over backwards to separate man from politician: "John McCain is a good man", "John McCain is my friend, he's been my friend for x years", etc.

They bashed his political stances/philosophies a lot, but there were NOT any personal attacks of the nasty, mocking, mean-spirited schoolyard bully mentality that has been present this entire RNC. Especially last night.

omg, are you really bringing up the Alaska national guard thing? do you really want to go there?

again: please show me what Palin's opinions on Iraq, Iran, Russia, Georgia, North Korea, Sudan, etc.

you can you not do it because THEY DON'T EXIST BECAUSE SHE HAS NO RECORD OF ANY INTEREST IN FOREIGN AFFAIRS.

And Obama took a trip to Europe last month! Woo Hoo! I guess that makes him an expert on foreign affairs.

McCain blows away Obama's experience and knowledge. Its not hard with his O's blank resume. McCain knows the foreign policy and Palin can address the domestic issues like energy. An area of such success is in AK where she was able to give money back, YES BACK, to the people of AK due to her policies and success. O's talks a good game but it is just talk. McCain and Palin have proven records. Proof of success. Not baseless promises.

I love the Daily Show's response to this whole nasty derision of community organizers by Guiliani and Palin:

"So to all of those out there in your communities, trying to make things better: Fuck you!!"

she's not after that office.

detecting hostility here.

<>

she's not after that office.

detecting hostility here.

<>

But the guy that is after that office is 72 years old and has several known serious health issues. The reason why Palin's qualifications for president are important comes down to three words:

HE COULD DIE.

I think you knew that.

And Obama took a trip to Europe last month! Woo Hoo! I guess that makes him an expert on foreign affairs.

McCain blows away Obama's experience and knowledge. Its not hard with his O's blank resume. McCain knows the foreign policy and Palin can address the domestic issues like energy. An area of such success is in AK where she was able to give money back, YES BACK, to the people of AK due to her policies and success. O's talks a good game but it is just talk. McCain and Palin have proven records. Proof of success. Not baseless promises.

So was Palin's initial backing of the Bridge to Nowhere evidence of her success? Or her hiring of a lobbyist to travel with her to Washington to secure over $27 million in earmarks for a town with a population of 9,000? Or how about how in her 2 years as governor she has requested the largest per-capita special federal spending budget in the nation? (party of limited government??)

Back
Top Bottom