Republican Convention Thread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,255
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOuttaControl View Post
Thats the problem...each ticket has a member unprepared to become President....
At least the GOP has that person in the proper spot on the ticket.
__________________

__________________
2861U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #257
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
You guys are awfully upset that she attacked Barack Obama- proof that she is doing her job. And I'm pretty sure she didn't spend 20 minutes on her family. Her role was to introduce herself, and her political upbringing, which she did. She talked about arguably the biggest issue this year, energy, which she can have an incredible voice in. She talked about McCain's qualifications and how empty and partisan Obama and Biden are. It was brilliant.

I couldn't disagree more. She's attractive to small town people, middle America. She proved she's tough and made Obama sound small.

It's funny hearing people in here talk about how bad her speech was and how nobody outside the GOP will buy it. I'm shocked to hear that! Time will tell.
And it's funny hearing you say you were jumping around your living room for a cookie cutter convention speech. :bvssmiley:
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #258
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
You guys are awfully upset that she attacked Barack Obama- proof that she is doing her job. And I'm pretty sure she didn't spend 20 minutes on her family. Her role was to introduce herself, and her political upbringing, which she did. She talked about arguably the biggest issue this year, energy, which she can have an incredible voice in.

do you feel comfortable with her assuming the presidency should McCain become incapacitated?



Quote:
She talked about McCain's qualifications and how empty and partisan Obama and Biden are. It was brilliant.

she wasn't empty and partisan?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
about as much as Obama
He has a better plan for Eye-Rack at least.
__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,255
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
And people who don't want their kids used against them for political reasons.....


....shouldn't use them for political gain.

When did she?
__________________
2861U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #261
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Only one of the four people on the tickets is not qualified.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #262
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
so what are the chances of Obama becoming incapacitated so Biden can take over?


you seem to have offered the argument that we shouldn't vote for Obama because, as a black man, he may be assassinated.

McCain has a 30% chance of dying before he gets to 80.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #263
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post
I believe the gentleman had a POW/MIA cap on. Same guy?
Dunno


2861U2 - drilling in Alaska shows she cares about energy? Shouldn't we be finding alternate sources of energy instead of drilling here?

__________________
Lila64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #264
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Rudy was about a 7.
That's generous-the crowd carried him.

Sarah was about an 8.75.
Great posture, great delivery, a little light on substance-but there will be time for details later.

<>
The term BRILLIANTLY SIMPLE comes to mind. The "attacks" on Obama were not vicious at all. She spoke quite eloquently and at quite length about McCain and, much less than I was thinking, about herself. The line that won the night was obvious...THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PITBULL AND A HOCKEY MOM? LIPSTICK!!!

I'm afraid it was quite a good speech and one that will win the hearts of many independents, mom's and small town American's.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #265
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
you seem to have offered the argument that we shouldn't vote for Obama because, as a black man, he may be assassinated.

McCain has a 30% chance of dying before he gets to 80.
That is incorrect.

You forgot to include his recurrent melanoma statistics.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #266
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
At least the GOP has that person in the proper spot on the ticket.
So you admit that Palin is not ready to be president?

Is this not the most important qualification of being VP?

For candidate with the health problems of McCain, the reason for selecting his VP should come down to three words: "I could die." Especially in this situation, it is imperative that the VP can be president, and you just admitted in not so many words that she isn't ready for it.
__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #267
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I heard she promised to be sworn in at the crib side of her special needs baby.

Also, she pledged to take the train home every night to baby Trig.
__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: all around in the dark - everywhere
Posts: 3,531
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
you seem to have offered the argument that we shouldn't vote for Obama because, as a black man, he may be assassinated.

McCain has a 30% chance of dying before he gets to 80.
does mccain's stat included his high risk of cancer as a two time melanoma survivor?
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
When did she?


they mentioned her DS baby in the speech where she was brought out.

she's made her family one of her central qualifications.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #270
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
At least the GOP has that person in the proper spot on the ticket.
bingo.
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com