Republican Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, because clearly she said that she thought all conservative women are stupid bitches.

:down:

The Bush administration has always operated under that whimsical, toddler-like quality of "if we don't see it, it doesn't exist", like all those daily briefings on Bin Laden that Bush received on a consistent basis during the summer of 2001.

This is why you Democrats going to lose it, if you're not careful.

You think they are stupid, bovine, and toddler-like. They are not. They are cynical, rational, clever and self-serving.

Let me respectfully remind you of the results of the last two Presidential elections (remember you guys thought they were stupid back then, too):

Two nil.

That's 2-0.

This is why you Democrats going to lose it, if you're not careful.

You think they are stupid, bovine, and toddler-like. They are not. They are cynical, rational, clever and self-serving.

Let me respectfully remind you of the results of the last two Presidential elections (remember you guys thought they were stupid back then, too):

Two nil.

That's 2-0.

That's nice. They're stupid, toddler-like, incompetent, cynical, arrogant and they also have many other not so positive attributes. The fact that they won the other 2 times doesn't take away from any of that.

That's nice. They're stupid, toddler-like, incompetent, cynical, arrogant and they also have many other not so positive attributes. The fact that they won the other 2 times doesn't take away from any of that.

They're stupid and incompetent, but they just happened to win 2 presidential elections, just by random fluke? Ok, I'm clearly not getting through to you at all.

They're stupid and incompetent, but they just happened to win 2 presidential elections, just by random fluke? Ok, I'm clearly not getting through to you at all.

If you think the Bush administration has displayed any competence whatsoever during their time in office, you're out of your mind (and I mean a general "you" not, you, specifically). Bush isn't intelligent enough to win a campaign. He won because of Karl "Satan" Rove and his cronies at the top of the party. And while we're at it, Bush did not win the election in 2000. A Conservative majority Supreme Court handed him the election because the Florida election officials cheated. His entire presidency was based on a partisan fluke.

I don't think they're stupid.

They just like to exploit people who they feel are stupid and/or uninformed and/or bigoted.

Cindy McCain just lauded her husband's choice of Palin with this awesome justification: she's a hockey moming, basketball shooting, moose hunting, pistol packing mother of five.

If that's not qualification enough to be VP, well I don't know what is.

If you think the Bush administration has displayed any competence whatsoever during their time in office, you're out of your mind (and I mean a general "you" not, you, specifically). Bush isn't intelligent enough to win a campaign. He won because of Karl "Satan" Rove and his cronies at the top of the party.

I believe that Bush is extremely intelligent. I also believe that he is cynical and manipulative. Even if you don't accept that's he's extremely intelligent, let's not forget that he was governor of one the largest states in America before becoming President. I simply don't believe that someone becomes governor of one of the largest states and subsequently two-term President by a combination of flukery and the roguery of Karl Rove. In my view, you are making things too simple.

And while we're at it, Bush did not win the election in 2000. A Conservative majority Supreme Court handed him the election because the Florida election officials cheated. His entire presidency was based on a partisan fluke.

That may well be true, but it's largely irrelevant in 2008, unless the Dems can find a clever way of raising it against McCain, which I doubt. Maybe it SHOULD be relevant, but it is not the kind of meme that will win you guys a Presidential election, IMO.

:lol:

This is fantastic. Not that McCain needs to remind anybody that he's old, but the song they play after Cindy's speech is: Johnny B. Goode.

Circa 1958.

I believe that Bush is extremely intelligent. I also believe that he is cynical and manipulative. Even if you don't accept that's he's extremely intelligent, let's not forget that he was governor of one the largest states in America before becoming President. I simply don't believe that someone becomes governor of one of the largest states and subsequently two-term President by a combination of flukery and the roguery of Karl Rove. In my view, you are making things too simple.

That may well be true, but it's largely irrelevant in 2008, unless the Dems can find a clever way of raising it against McCain, which I doubt. Maybe it SHOULD be relevant, but it is not the kind of meme that will win you guys a Presidential election, IMO.

I just read a book that delved extensively into Bush's political involvement with Rove. Without him and Daddy's name, he never would have "suceeded" at the level he has. I'm not saying he's a dumb hick as he's often portrayed (though he's far closer to that, than any kind of genius), but he has no interest in complex or nuanced thought, or deep analysis of issues. That does display somewhat of a lack of intelligence, in my opinion. As for the 2000 election, I do believe it of course irrelevant to this campaign, I was just pointing out that the majority of Americans really didn't want him as president in the first place, and he never would've won if not for the the way the Supreme Court is currently divided. There's nothing that can be done about it, I was just making an observation.

I simply don't believe that someone becomes governor of one of the largest states and subsequently two-term President by a combination of flukery and the roguery of Karl Rove.

Except Americans typically vote on image, rather than substance. It is perfectly conceivable that a complete idiot could get elected, as long as he or she has a great PR team.

This "country first" line is really something.

Isn't that kind of at odds with the PR line they were using on Monday?

"We're taking off our Republican hats, and putting on our American hats."

Um, so the two are mutually exclusive?

I wonder if they've been putting McCain's mom on so prominently as if to say:

"Hey, look! John's got good genes! He'll live at least four more years!"

:wink:

True.

I appreciate what he just said with regards to Obama and he having more uniting than dividing them. It's nice to see him actually voice that.

These constant USA chants are a bit over-the-top, though.

Part of that is not entirely his fault (his arms have a limited range of motion due to injuries sustained while imprisoned).

Oh, I know. I meant it this way:

Oh, I didn't mean physically. I meant, he just always seems so uncomfortable and forced.

I appreciate what he just said with regards to Obama and he having more uniting than dividing them. It's nice to see him actually voice that.

I agree, his comments regarding Obama were very well done.

Back
Top Bottom