Republican Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Anything that looks like a toy from their youth is going to get their vote"

Guy 1: "I've had classes and classes full of idgits, year after year, and what they respond to is less verbiage-"

Guy 2: "The simplicity of your language; Vote. for. this. candidate. This other candidate. is. a. bad. man. These kinds of things are important."

Guy 3: "The last election, I saw a bumper sticker that just said "Bush", and how I thought, how brilliant is that, and of course, he DID swing that crucial idgit vote."

Guy 2: "The interesting thing is that was not actually a Bush election bumper sticker, it was simply - "

Guy 3: "It turned out to be a beer commercial."

:lmao: :lol:

this convention terrifies me. my parents are mad that i even watch it on tv, it bothers them so much.

it's mind-boggling that this party has as much support as it does.

It is. I don’t even try to understand it anymore, and I think most people outside the US gave up trying a long time ago. Even our serious media here are reporting on the Republican Convention in a way that I could only describe as Daily Showesque. “Good evening and welcome to the show. Tonight we're in the United States at the crazy Republican Convention. In a moment we’re going to see if we can get a crazy Republican to sound absolutely batshit crazy while talking about something that is beyond crazy anyway, but first....”

It is. I don’t even try to understand it anymore, and I think most people outside the US gave up trying a long time ago. Even our serious media here are reporting on the Republican Convention in a way that I could only describe as Daily Showesque. “Good evening and welcome to the show. Tonight we're in the United States at the crazy Republican Convention. In a moment we’re going to see if we can get a crazy Republican to sound absolutely batshit crazy while talking about something that is beyond crazy anyway, but first....”

haha, i'd like to think the canadian media's doing the same thing. for better or worse, however, i haven't really been paying attention to canadian news outlets for some time.

sarah isn't out to convert the masses, only a select view-which will put her mac over the top.

That's fine, but not one person has convinced me that she helps the ticket pick up independent votes. She secures the base, but I kept hearing that she was going to help pick up Hillary supporters and undecided votes and I just don't see how...:shrug:

I've been wondering that too lately! After the disaster that was the last 8 years, how is there still so much support for this party??? Just cos McCain is an experienced old man and Obama is a kid in comparison? I'd like to think that a lot of the support is more "ugh! we have to choose between the devil and the deep sea, let's at least go for the more experienced guy to be safe" than "go john mccain! you are the most suitable candidate for the job!".

I do think that skin pigmentation, or the lack thereof, has a lot to do with this, unfortunately.

Sadly, I have to agree. I guess a lot of people still have this typical image of a President of the free world and Obama doesn't fit that image?

so, it really does seem that Palin isn't going to be taking questions from the media.

"she's going to be talking to the American people."

the Republicans think you're going to fall for this.

so, it really does seem that Palin isn't going to be taking questions from the media.

"she's going to be talking to the American people."

the Republicans think you're going to fall for this.

only a liberal sees the media as the people.
:sexywink:

:hi5: Palin knows what she is talking about. It was almost like whiplash... :lol:

really? could you tell me what her approach to Russian aggression will be? how about Iran and it's nuclear ambitions? when she talks about lowering taxes, how does she propose to afford a military capable of fighting multiple fronts as well as fund special needs programs in the public schools?

really? could you tell me what her approach to Russian aggression will be? how about Iran and it's nuclear ambitions? when she talks about lowering taxes, how does she propose to afford a military capable of fighting multiple fronts as well as fund special needs programs in the public schools?

None of that matters, Palin is just one of them, she likes hunting and moose burgers... oh, and have you heard? She's a mom.

Back
Top Bottom